Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Watched Bad Batch on Friday. Wow, what a terrible, terrible movie. I was wondering why a movie with Jason Momoa, Jim Carrey and Keanu Reeves flew so far under the radar, but now I get it.

It sounds like it should be amazing, too. It's set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where cannibals chain their victims up and eat them limb by limb.  

• Like 1

First episode of bly manor was boring as F. Hopefully the second one starts to pick up the pace.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

First episode of bly manor was boring as F. Hopefully the second one starts to pick up the pace.

I tried to watch it - couldn't even finish it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sameaglesfan said:

Now 6 episodes into The Haunting of Bly Manor.  I think I like it better than Hill House.

No way, but I think it's solid 4 episodes in.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:03 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

I watched the entire series Sunday.  I liked it.   Hang in there, there's some lesbo action in it. Lord knows you guys love that stuff!

I was home yesterday and watched The Staircase.  True story of Michael Peterson.  I vaguely remember the trial-most notably the ending, so yeah-instead of looking it up I watched the whole thing in between doing a few other errands.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DiPros said:

I watched the entire series Sunday.  I liked it.   Hang in there, there's some lesbo action in it. Lord knows you guys love that stuff!

:lol: It sure doesn't hurt! I'm guessing/hoping between the nanny and the gardener, but we finally made it through episode 2 last night. I was legit nodding off a couple times. It better pick up soon because so far, it's disappointing to say the least.

anyone here watch reckoning?  i'm about 2.5 episides into it & it's decent so far. crime thriller involving a serial killer.  limited series & it runs 8 eps, i think...maybe 10.  

On 10/14/2020 at 9:41 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

watched the cabin with bert kreischer. very funny. 

Still one of my favorite YouTube videos:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Thanks for that, Di!  I'll definitely stick with it now!

She said lesbo action.  Not phenis action Johnson McSlurpy!  

• Haha 2

Watched the Final Season of ****ts Creek. I still think its one of the better/best shows on Netflix. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

Anyone watch Triple Frontier?

Social Dilema?

watched triple frontier. liked it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

Anyone watch Triple Frontier?

Social Dilema?

Triple frontier was a fun watch and good cast.

• Like 1

Watched first episode of La Revolution.  Good enough that I’ll watch another episode at least, though not sold into binge watching yet

On 10/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, Kz! said:

No way, but I think it's solid 4 episodes in.

To update, all downhill from episode 5 on. Still got the finale, but I'm no expecting much.

Spoiler

Really hate the characters all jumping around in time, and I'm not even sure it's going to make sense... obviously it happens to the ghosts, but why is the little girl experiencing it, too? So Pete doesn't really seem all that evil, but he pushed the lady into the well? Why? Devoting an entire episode, the penultimate episode no less, to the backstory of the evil spirit? Yikes.

I liked the potential a few episodes in, but his one just fell flat. Would not recommend. 

On 10/13/2020 at 2:03 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

On 10/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, mikemack8 said:

I tried to watch it - couldn't even finish it

After one episode I'm in. Felt like it was a fine slow burn/set up episode. Looking forward to the rest of it. Mike Flanagan is one of my favorite filmmakers out right now. 

Just now, JBENT87 said:

After one episode I'm in. Felt like it was a fine slow burn/set up episode. Looking forward to the rest of it. Mike Flanagan is one of my favorite filmmakers out right now. 

We gave up after the second episode. My sister-in-law just said they gutted it out to finish it and were disappointed, so I doubt we ever go back now. We have enough to catch up on as it is with more stuff coming anyways, like Borat(!) this week.

About 1/3 the way through The Trial or the Chicago 7. Pretty sure this judge and Trump are the same person lol 

• Like 1