Velvet Buzzsaw

Da 5 Bloods

Russian Doll

Last Chance U

Beasts of No Nation

Frontier

Dark

Maniac

Da 5 Bloods was great, but you have to like Spike Lee. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Da 5 Bloods was great, but you have to like Spike Lee. 

Thanks. I do, and Chadwick Boseman as well.  But seeing Lee directed got me more interested.

13 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Beasts of No Nation was okay. But if you've seen Blood Diamond, you might be underwhelmed in comparison like I was.

Maniac is a mini-series and very unique. Same director and cinematographer from season 1 of True Detective. I personally loved it. For me, it was among the best Netflix has to offer, but I can see why it's not for everyone.

Cool, I liked True Detective season 1 so that's good.  I'll check it out thanks.

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Cool, I liked True Detective season 1 so that's good.  I'll check it out thanks.

It's definitely weird though, so if you are put off by shows/movies that are a little bit out there, you might not like it.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, NOTW said:

23 hours ago, NOTW said:

Thanks. I do, and Chadwick Boseman as well.  But seeing Lee directed got me more interested.

Was coming here to recommend Da 5 Bloods as well. Also, as good as Boseman is, there is a "that guy" in this (recognizable face from other things who you may not even know his name (I didn't at least)) who absolutely steals the film and owns his role. Really enjoyed this one. 

• Like 1

I just started Dexter - had never watched before.  Just finished season 1 last night - liking it so far.  Seems like some seasons were well received, and others not so much.  I'm gonna stick with it for now.

• Like 1

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I just started Dexter - had never watched before.  Just finished season 1 last night - liking it so far.  Seems like some seasons were well received, and others not so much.  I'm gonna stick with it for now.

It's excellent...at first.  It starts to get stale after the first few seasons, then has a decent season (I think it was 5 maybe?) and then the last couple seasons are awful.  Like, fans were MAD at the show for getting so bad.  It did not end well and leaves you very disappointed after the final season.  So see how you like it, then I'd recommend not bothering with the last couple seasons or at least just skip the final season.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

yep, it is pretty unique early on and it reaches its peak in Season 4 I believe. Like a legit peak that makes the show great. Then hangs around after that for another 2-3 seasons. The end like NOTW said is insulting bad. With soap opera-like twists. It's so bad. 

Incredible that they're coming back w this. Michael C Hall must be desperate for $$. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I haven't watched since it was live, but in the early goings, Dexter had no humanity. Like is psychopathy/sociopath or whatever it is made him such a blank slate with no emotion whatsoever. But he was a perfect killing machine. Like Flawless Victories left and right.

As the show goes on, his character slowly becomes more human, and as a result (IMO), I felt like his expertise on the killing front began to slowly deteriorate. Really enjoyed how they sort of had the balance between that ying and yang with the character. The chick from 10 things i hate about you and the bourne movies I think is in the last great season along with john lithgow. its still watchable after that, but becomes diminishing returns. Def go along for the entire ride though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I haven't watched since it was live, but in the early goings, Dexter had no humanity. Like is psychopathy/sociopath or whatever it is made him such a blank slate with no emotion whatsoever. But he was a perfect killing machine. Like Flawless Victories left and right.

As the show goes on, his character slowly becomes more human, and as a result (IMO), I felt like his expertise on the killing front began to slowly deteriorate. Really enjoyed how they sort of had the balance between that ying and yang with the character. The chick from 10 things i hate about you and the bourne movies I think is in the last great season along with john lithgow. its still watchable after that, but becomes diminishing returns. Def go along for the entire ride though 

Yeah they definitely hit you over the head with the fact that he’s empty inside, at least early on.  That starts to change towards the end of season 1 though, with him learning about his past, choosing his foster sister over his blood brother, helping his gf, etc.  I just don’t see how he could get away with it for so long - seems like he’s been close to getting caught like 3 times already 

29 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah they definitely hit you over the head with the fact that he’s empty inside, at least early on.  That starts to change towards the end of season 1 though, with him learning about his past, choosing his foster sister over his blood brother, helping his gf, etc.  I just don’t see how he could get away with it for so long - seems like he’s been close to getting caught like 3 times already 

i forget the name of the black cop that hates him at work but that dude is awesome :lol:

I finally got the wife interested in Breaking Bad.  We're on season 3.  One important life lesson to be learned from the show, when someone from a cartel tells you they have something to show you out back, it's a good time to quickly leave through the front.

On 10/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, NOTW said:

I have these in my list, any good?

Velvet Buzzsaw

Da 5 Bloods

Russian Doll

Last Chance U

Beasts of No Nation

Frontier

Dark

Maniac

Tried Maniac and couldn't make it through the 1st episode. I enjoyed Beasts of No Nation. Definitely worth a watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Not happy about MindHunter being canceled

No!  I like that show.  :sad:

Anyone watch formula 1? 

I started watching the Netflix behind the scenes show about it, Drive to Survive, and now can't stop trying to watch it live. 

I liked Bly Manor. Yeah, it was long on the exposition, but intense enough to make it worth it. I will say that it’s unconscionable to have Carla Gugino play a lesbian, but never show her being a lesbian.

• Like 1

watched a netflix movie called cam because it was about a webcam bro-ad, so i thought there'd be some good nudity.  there was plenty of nudity...but i'm not sure it was worth sitting through the movie for. :meh:   

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

watched a netflix movie called cam because it was about a webcam bro-ad, so i thought there'd be some good nudity.  there was plenty of nudity...but i'm not sure it was worth sitting through the movie for. :meh:   

Bunch of dudes deeks? 

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Bunch of dudes deeks? 

nah...very average looking bro-ad & a really bad plot.

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

nah...very average looking bro-ad & a really bad plot.

Jessica Parker Kennedy is hot as f

Madeline Brewer and Samantha Robinson look decent on google. Not exactly pron star bodies I look for but still good looking. Maybe next time you're trying to spank the monkey just try upron. 

Some recent ones I’m watching currently/have watched- 

The devil all the time was a really great movie

3% is an interesting non American show, haven’t finished it yet. 

Evil is back and forth for me. Some times the show is intense & draws you in, other times it’s fairly corny or just weird.

Queens Gambit is an A+ show

Barbarian started off really strong, but had a predictable ending just because it’s based off actual history. Was also fairly short in episodes.

I’ve watched Avatar: Last air bender show at least 15 times since quarantine started probably. 

Going to watch film Rogue City next, kinda looks like your run of the mill action filled, lots of guns and cool fight scenes, total dude kinda movie. 

• Like 3