Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

We have just hit a wall and don't know what to watch... Recommendations are welcome. 

We finally started on the queens gambit. Took a while to become bored enough with current programming to watch a show about chess. 

It's good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We finally started on the queens gambit. Took a while to become bored enough with current programming to watch a show about chess. 

It's good. 

See yeah that doesn't grip me. That's not to say it isn't good but it just doesn't grip me and if it doesn't get me early then I'm just going to switch it off. 

59 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See yeah that doesn't grip me. That's not to say it isn't good but it just doesn't grip me and if it doesn't get me early then I'm just going to switch it off. 

I didn't think I'd like it, but I did. 

Queen's Gambit was very good. My wife even seemed to enjoy it and she doesn't know ish about chess.

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We have just hit a wall and don't know what to watch... Recommendations are welcome. 

:lol: I'm in the same boat - not Netflix but I just started up True Detective season 1 again this week.  

• Like 1

I'm in a bit of a show hole too. Was wathcing the new season of Handmaid's tale, but I'm caught up. Started watching "Generation Hustle", somewhat interesting but not binge worthy. 

if you're looking a for sat morning cartoon the Pacific Rim one is damn fun.

...I guess? This crazy long break really killed this shows momentum it feels like. 

• Like 2

We had a separate thread on the old board but guess we didn't make one here

I don't even remember what happened in season 3

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The mall

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

The mall

I need to watch that season again...It was hilar as I remember...Feeding on the 80's anti-soviet trope. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Things that were strange

22 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

...I guess? This crazy long break really killed this shows momentum it feels like. 

I feel like season 3 killed the momentum all by itself. Hoping 4 is better, but it seems like the path this show is on is just going to be angsty teen relationship drama with a little bit of the supernatural mixed in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kz! said:

I feel like season 3 killed the momentum all by itself. Hoping 4 is better, but it seems like the path this show is on is just going to be angsty teen relationship drama with a little bit of the supernatural mixed in. 

Always has been. - YouTube

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kz! said:

steve babysitting in season 2 was the apex. 

this part especially :roll: "hey deekheads!"

• Like 1

Desperate for something new to watch with the wife, I did something that I swore to myself I wasn't going to do.  I put The Crown on.  We're only halfway through season 1, so a loooooong way to go, but, I will say, the production of this show is amazing.  They obviously spared no expense making it look authentic.

20 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Desperate for something new to watch with the wife, I did something that I swore to myself I wasn't going to do.  I put The Crown on.  We're only halfway through season 1, so a loooooong way to go, but, I will say, the production of this show is amazing.  They obviously spared no expense making it look authentic.

might i suggest a mirror over the head board?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

might i suggest a mirror over the head board?

That production value isn’t nearly as impressive.

18 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

That production value isn’t nearly as impressive.

Vaseline is an amazing filter. 

might i add your wife could watch while you direct the understudy.

Castlevania season 4 was f'ing awesome. Sat it's the last season though. Such a well done show. Interested to see what the new project in this universe will be.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Castlevania season 4 was f'ing awesome. Sat it's the last season though. Such a well done show. Interested to see what the new project in this universe will be.

When did this drop?  I was just browsing netflix last night and it didn't come up on my feed dammit!

20 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

When did this drop?  I was just browsing netflix last night and it didn't come up on my feed dammit!

Came out yesterday. 

Crap - I coulda watched a few episodes - I ended up settling on catching up on the Fear the Walking Dead, which was terrible

• Haha 1