Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 4/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Synchronic was pretty stupid. I’m surprised it has as good of a rating as it does. 

Those directors are awesome outside of this movie (I actually haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that it sucks).  Resolution and the Endless are both worth the watch.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Those directors are awesome outside of this movie (I actually haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that it sucks).  Resolution and the Endless are both worth the watch.   

I'll have to check them out. The movie looked well done, I just think the story was just ish. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'll have to check them out. The movie looked well done, I just think the story was just ish. 

Technically Resolution comes first, and The Endless is a loose sequel.  These guys are definitely out there, but if you like horror/sci-fi mix, these 2 movies are very awesome low budget with a trippy story.  If I had to watch them over for the first time, I'd take an edible.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 9:33 AM, devpool said:

Thunder Force was as awful as one would reasonably expect it to be 

So better than expected? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, Aspiritfall said:

I can't wait... Volume 1 was awesome 

Me too.  Pumped for this, You (not you personally although I'm sure you're a nice dude and all but the show), and Dead to Me, which is my favorite show on Netflix.    

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So better than expected? 

I will say that Jason Bateman's character was really funny, so if there's like a YouTube compilation of just his parts maybe watch that instead. Even without context it's likely better than the actual movie.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/mindhunter-season-3-netflix-david-fincher/

I hope it happens. Although the article makes it seem like it didn't get a lot of views. Don't know how. Mindhunter was excellent 

Fincher's said that he wants to do probably a couple of more seasons, to get them to the arrest of the BTK.

• Like 1

THE SERPENT

NARCOS
NARCOS MEXICO
SURVIVING ESCOBAR: ALIAS JJ
ESCOBAR LORD OF EVIL
(none of the other narco shows are even close to these four)

COVEN OF SISTERS

• Like 1

If you want to lose brain cells, watch The Circle. A girl I'm seeing said it was really funny and holy ish it is Fing horrid. It makes me want to go both blind and deaf and then get pinned to a building by a semi-truck 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, devpool said:

If you want to lose brain cells, watch The Circle. A girl I'm seeing said it was really funny and holy ish it is Fing horrid. It makes me want to go both blind and deaf and then get pinned to a building by a semi-truck 

Lol I didn't think it was that bad. Don't think I'd say it was funny either though

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol I didn't think it was that bad. Don't think I'd say it was funny either though

It is what it is, another reality show. It’s kinda boring, entertaining sometimes, most of the time everyone is overthinking "the game”, and then when you realize you binged 3-4 episodes in a row instead of doing something productive you feel like ish. 

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It is what it is, another reality show. It’s kinda boring, entertaining sometimes, most of the time everyone is overthinking "the game”, and then when you realize you binged 3-4 episodes in a row instead of doing something productive you feel like ish. 

Lol as soon as I read reality show I knew we weren't talking about the same thing. I thought you were talking about the horror movie

Circle (2015) - IMDb

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol as soon as I read reality show I knew we weren't talking about the same thing. I thought you were talking about the horror movie

Circle (2015) - IMDb

Ah, I assumed he meant the reality show because they just started a new season a week ago. I liked the film besides the ending, but yea completely different.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ah, I assumed he meant the reality show because they just started a new season a week ago. I liked the film besides the ending, but yea completely different.

He probably did. I wasn't even thinking about that reality show. I don't watch a lot of those. Too Hot to Handle is the only one I've seen on Netflix. It had an interesting premise that the contestants weren't allowed to do anything sexual or they'd lose a big put of money.  I thought with it being on Netflix they wouldn't censor anything but still did. It was alright

26 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He probably did. I wasn't even thinking about that reality show. I don't watch a lot of those. Too Hot to Handle is the only one I've seen on Netflix. It had an interesting premise that the contestants weren't allowed to do anything sexual or they'd lose a big put of money.  I thought with it being on Netflix they wouldn't censor anything but still did. It was alright

I enjoyed the side and under boob. Chloe from Too Hot to Handle is actually on the new season of The Circle so the cleavage is nice

Yea was talking about the "reality" show. I got halfway through the first episode of season 2(she told me to start with season 2 cause it was funnier). It's extremely corny, and very obviously staged like most reality shows are but it was just so forced.  The actors are all characatures (however you spell that word). You have the shy nerd girl, the ****, the super spiritual hippy (that one was really over the top), the annoying new yorker, and the ghetto chick (also over the top). That's about as far as I made it before I threw in the towel. Not one real person in the bunch.

The episodes are 50 minutes, that is absolute lunacy. Good on anyone for being able to binge that garbage, I would rather watch any current Philadelphia sports team play for 3 hours than sit through that for any longer than I did

8 hours ago, devpool said:

Yea was talking about the "reality" show. I got halfway through the first episode of season 2(she told me to start with season 2 cause it was funnier). It's extremely corny, and very obviously staged like most reality shows are but it was just so forced.  The actors are all characatures (however you spell that word). You have the shy nerd girl, the ****, the super spiritual hippy (that one was really over the top), the annoying new yorker, and the ghetto chick (also over the top). That's about as far as I made it before I threw in the towel. Not one real person in the bunch.

The episodes are 50 minutes, that is absolute lunacy. Good on anyone for being able to binge that garbage, I would rather watch any current Philadelphia sports team play for 3 hours than sit through that for any longer than I did

Season 1 was I enjoyed but it was like traditional reality shows and the catfish MTV show blended into one. I have not watched the new one that supposedly uses "celebrities". 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Season 1 was I enjoyed but it was like traditional reality shows and the catfish MTV show blended into one. I have not watched the new one that supposedly uses "celebrities". 

It doesn't.

22 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It doesn't.

ahh, so the too hot to handle thot is the only prior-tv person?

On 4/27/2021 at 9:48 AM, Agent23 said:

ahh, so the too hot to handle thot is the only prior-tv person?

Yup. Someone Catfishes as Lance Bass for some dumb reason also.

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yup. Someone Catfishes as Lance Bass for some dumb reason also.

I just started last night. semi have a Lance Bass, have girl from too hot to handle, have a guy that's apparently written an ish ton of books.. they have a mix of "known" people with noobs. Where I ended last night the son/brother of the mom-son combo last year just arrived. 

Yasuke was interesting

Spoiler

Wasn't expecting the supernatural part but that was nice too