Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 5/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, The_Omega said:

Desperate for something new to watch with the wife, I did something that I swore to myself I wasn't going to do.  I put The Crown on.  We're only halfway through season 1, so a loooooong way to go, but, I will say, the production of this show is amazing.  They obviously spared no expense making it look authentic.

If you like history you will like it.   I just watched it twice, it's that good.

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Crap - I coulda watched a few episodes - I ended up settling on catching up on the Fear the Walking Dead, which was terrible

It's great...There were a few times in the last 3eps where I sat up yelling "WHAT!?!?"

I actually took the day off work so I could binge it. So glad I did.

Great send off for a great show.

• Like 1

Just now, jrsu37 said:

It's great...There were a few times in the last 3eps where I sat up yelling "WHAT!?!?"

I actually took the day off work so I could binge it. So glad I did.

Great send off for a great show.

Nice - looking forward to it

• Like 1

Looking forward to enjoying some refreshments later tonight and getting weird with Love, Death and Robots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Looking forward to enjoying some refreshments later tonight and getting weird with Love, Death and Robots.

F*** YEAH!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Totally forgot about this.  

seinfeld excited gif | Tell-Tale TV

11 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Crap - I coulda watched a few episodes - I ended up settling on catching up on the Fear the Walking Dead, which was terrible

Top 30 Ogre Nerds GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 2:22 PM, jrsu37 said:

F*** YEAH!

I haven’t done mushrooms since I was a freshman in college, but watching this show immediately brings me back to that day. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I liked volume 1 better than volume 2 for Love Death +Robots

Favorite episode for the 2nd was All Through the House

• Like 2

Castlevania and robots same week?!?!  Love it. 

Almost done final Castlevania season and honestly this might be one of the best shows period of the last few years. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, The_Omega said:

Desperate for something new to watch with the wife, I did something that I swore to myself I wasn't going to do.  I put The Crown on.  We're only halfway through season 1, so a loooooong way to go, but, I will say, the production of this show is amazing.  They obviously spared no expense making it look authentic.

Imposters was better than I expected and suitable for both husband and wife to enjoy

On 5/15/2021 at 6:13 PM, Mike030270 said:

I liked volume 1 better than volume 2 for Love Death +Robots

Favorite episode for the 2nd was All Through the House

I think this is the consensus...Season 2, while still awesome, seemed contrived...Far too short. Some of the episodes just, like, ended, too.

Pop Squad, Snow in the Desert and All Through the House were easily my favs.

• Like 1

Watched The Woods last night. Based off a Harlan Coben book, it's a Polish show but the voice over is pretty good. 

• Like 1

Really enjoying the Son of Sam doc.

50 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Watched The Woods last night. Based off a Harlan Coben book, it's a Polish show but the voice over is pretty good. 

I read the book - pretty good

I read the book - pretty good

Yea I’m not sure the show did it justice. I haven’t read the book but my wife tells me all about his stuff. Great show but maybe the translations fell flat. 

4 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

I think this is the consensus...Season 2, while still awesome, seemed contrived...Far too short. Some of the episodes just, like, ended, too.

Pop Squad, Snow in the Desert and All Through the House were easily my favs.

They already announced volume 3 so I think they just split it up and put together will equal volume 1 in terms of length. Volume 1 was better but at the same time, if you cut it in half it probably wouldn’t be as good. The thing I liked about season 1 was there was so much that the occasional dud wasn’t a big deal. With only 8 the duds felt magnified. 

• Like 4

season 2 was pretty weak. didn’t really love any of them. snow in desert was probably the best and the pop squad 

19 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They already announced volume 3 so I think they just split it up and put together will equal volume 1 in terms of length. Volume 1 was better but at the same time, if you cut it in half it probably wouldn’t be as good. The thing I liked about season 1 was there was so much that the occasional dud wasn’t a big deal. With only 8 the duds felt magnified. 

100% agree with this logic. 

I think my favorites were pop squad and the tall grass. All through the house was a good concept just way too short. Snow in the desert was good too, just reminded me too much of Star Wars. 

• Like 1

Anyone watch The Woman in the Window yet?  Curious if it's worth a watch or not

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think my favorites were pop squad and the tall grass. All through the house was a good concept just way too short. Snow in the desert was good too, just reminded me too much of Star Wars. 

I was rooting for the monsters is tall grass lol

Also I got Riddick vibes from snow in the desert 

• Like 1

I thought it was whatever. I wouldn't call it good. 

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I heard it was terrible

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Not that great.  I guessed the ending 25 minutes into the movie, and I can barely count to 10.  

• Haha 2