Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

For all the adventures she's been on for days on end in all that heat she must straight up STINK.

I'd still hit it.

The scene in season 1 where she and John B kissed in the rain Notebook style, she supposedly had a horrible cold. And that wasn't even scripted. He went for it and got sick.  But he said it was worth it. I believe him. 

• Haha 2

On 8/12/2021 at 4:01 PM, HazletonEagle said:

The scene in season 1 where she and John B kissed in the rain Notebook style, she supposedly had a horrible cold. And that wasn't even scripted. He went for it and got sick.  But he said it was worth it. I believe him. 

It certainly was since he’s poking it in real life 

• Like 1

The Untold Malice at the Palace - I always chalked it up to Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson are nothing but thugs. After watching this, though, while they certainly weren’t innocent, I put most of the blame on the fans, and lack of security. I realize that the purpose of this documentary was to show what happened from the players perspective, to rehabilitate their image a bit, and, you know what? It worked. It would be difficult for anybody, in that moment, to not react to the actions of the fans. And that goes back to the lack of security.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Obviously the fans were wrong.  But Artest and Jackson were nutballs and lost control.   NBA was ugly back then.  I met my wife the night of that brawl.   

I mean the District Attorney was in the documentary stating Artest did nothing wrong :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'll have to go back and see that.  That is a ridiculous thing to say.  Either you misunderstood or are changing his words around. 

Yeah, Ron Artest did nothing wrong.  :roll:

Pretty sure the DA was talking specifically about Artest punching the dope on the court when he made that statement.  That guy clearly squared up and assumed a fighting stance before Artest clocked him.  I suppose that you could argue that he shouldn't have gone into the stands after the guy that had thrown a mostly full cup of beer onto his face, but there's very few people who wouldn't have reacted to that.  The one thing he actually did do wrong was that he grabbed the wrong guy in the stands, but he was, understandably, seeing red at that point.  The guy mostly at fault for the whole thing was the unbelievable d-bag who threw the 1st beer.  Somehow, the NBA itself managed to escape most of the scrutiny by making an example out of Artest, Jackson, and O'Neill, but they, like every other company, has a responsibility to create a safe working environment for their players, which they absolutely did not do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Pretty sure the DA was talking specifically about Artest punching the dope on the court when he made that statement.  That guy clearly squared up and assumed a fighting stance before Artest clocked him.  I suppose that you could argue that he shouldn't have gone into the stands after the guy that had thrown a mostly full cup of beer onto his face, but there's very few people who wouldn't have reacted to that.  The one thing he actually did do wrong was that he grabbed the wrong guy in the stands, but he was, understandably, seeing red at that point.  The guy mostly at fault for the whole thing was the unbelievable d-bag who threw the 1st beer.  Somehow, the NBA itself managed to escape most of the scrutiny by making an example out of Artest, Jackson, and O'Neill, but they, like every other company, has a responsibility to create a safe working environment for their players, which they absolutely did not do.

yeah beer toss guy was a huge d-bag and on the court guy was one two 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 12:20 PM, mikemack8 said:

:unsure:

Why does the dolphin look like Michael Rappaport? :roll:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, The_Omega said:

The throwing of the beer was a prosecuted assault. Pretty certain the DA stated at that point he had every right to defend himself. The same for the second guy, who was on the Fing court, and squared up, then pretended he wasn't at fault at all (this one the DA DEF stated he had every right to defend himself). Also keep in mind the Palace security stated they were going to revoke that dude's season tickets THAT NIGHT.

Artest was just so earnest with his issues, and his struggles IMO. That clip after he won the title w the Lakers and they asked him about it, and he just got so sad, and admitted he was a coward and that he couldn't face J O'neil and Jackson was something. Then, rightfully so, they immediately changed the subject. You could tell they were as surprised as me that he took it there immediately.  Like, you just won a title, and that's the first thing that comes to your mind...Could tell he was immensely haunted by his regrets. 

As someone who always disliked Artest due to his aggressiveness and his persona this doc really changed my mind on him...He was just lost, depressed, anxious in ways some of us can't understand. This, the Showtime doc on him, and that All the Smoke episode where he and Jackson go over the brawl n all really changed my outlook on him. He was a 23yr old with some severe issues, who was aware of them, and was TRYING to cope.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2021 at 5:05 PM, The_Omega said:

The Untold Malice at the Palace - I always chalked it up to Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson are nothing but thugs. After watching this, though, while they certainly weren’t innocent, I put most of the blame on the fans, and lack of security. I realize that the purpose of this documentary was to show what happened from the players perspective, to rehabilitate their image a bit, and, you know what? It worked. It would be difficult for anybody, in that moment, to not react to the actions of the fans. And that goes back to the lack of security.

I was gutted for JON. I again like everyone else just assumed he was a thug, with the cornrows and the headbands and affiliating him with the MotP, during the AI/LeBron/Melo NBA years, pre dress code. I was not expecting him to speak like Tim Duncan, and didn't know his background and how much he was respected on that Pacers team, as the passing of the torch guy from Reggie to him. Also, speaking of Reggie, totally forgot/didn't know he was still playing. Again likening it back to that AI/Melo era, I just assumed Reggie was retired already. Instead this was supposed to be his swan song season, with a shot at a ring, and he wasn't playing that game due to injury. What a crazy, perfect storm to allow this all to go down. 

On 8/17/2021 at 9:47 AM, jrsu37 said:

Artest was just so earnest with his issues, and his struggles IMO. That clip after he won the title w the Lakers and they asked him about it, and he just got so sad, and admitted he was a coward and that he couldn't face J O'neil and Jackson was something. Then, rightfully so, they immediately changed the subject. You could tell they were as surprised as me that he took it there immediately.  Like, you just won a title, and that's the first thing that comes to your mind...Could tell he was immensely haunted by his regrets. 

As someone who always disliked Artest due to his aggressiveness and his persona this doc really changed my mind on him...He was just lost, depressed, anxious in ways some of us can't understand. This, the Showtime doc on him, and that All the Smoke episode where he and Jackson go over the brawl n all really changed my outlook on him. He was a 23yr old with some severe issues, who was aware of them, and was TRYING to cope.

Yep. he was just 10-15 years too early. Players mention mental health today they're given the benefit of the doubt immediately and told to take all the time you need. Maybe one day our jobs will actually catch up haha.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

Yep. he was just 10-15 years too early. Players mention mental health today they're given the benefit of the doubt immediately and told to take all the time you need. Maybe one day our jobs will actually catch up haha.

My son had some issues last year w being locked up basically due to COVID and stuff...My work, luckily, was super cool about it. My boss told me to take the time I need, and my job would be there. Now as I'm mid Mgmt in Data Science it's a little different than say a factory worker, or retail.

I'll be really surprised the day they let someone take off work without an identifiable, visible, physical ailment, but we can dream.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

My son had some issues last year w being locked up basically due to COVID and stuff...My work, luckily, was super cool about it. My boss told me to take the time I need, and my job would be there. Now as I'm mid Mgmt in Data Science it's a little different than say a factory worker, or retail.

I'll be really surprised the day they let someone take off work without an identifiable, visible, physical ailment, but we can dream.

Glad to hear everything worked out with your employer and the time off needed. 

I'm just referring more to the basic idea of "hey I can't come in today, I need a mental health day," being an acceptable reason for calling out. I'm not asking for a month. I'm just curious as to when I'm going to be able to stop lying about calling out of work, the one day a year I may even do it. Instead of having to just say I have some made up flu-like symptoms. Just weird to have to continue lying about just wanting a day/shift off, as an adult. But a big part of that comes down to your situation. My manager is a See You Next Tuesday. From the sticks. So she doesn't really believe in mental health days. If I had someone a little more modern and compassionate, I guess it would be easier to tell the truth. 

6 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

Glad to hear everything worked out with your employer and the time off needed. 

I'm just referring more to the basic idea of "hey I can't come in today, I need a mental health day," being an acceptable reason for calling out. I'm not asking for a month. I'm just curious as to when I'm going to be able to stop lying about calling out of work, the one day a year I may even do it. Instead of having to just say I have some made up flu-like symptoms. Just weird to have to continue lying about just wanting a day/shift off, as an adult. But a big part of that comes down to your situation. My manager is a See You Next Tuesday. From the sticks. So she doesn't really believe in mental health days. If I had someone a little more modern and compassionate, I guess it would be easier to tell the truth. 

Yeah 100% agree, and that is what I was referring to...I was just using my situation as an example of the larger issue of employers and mental health I guess.

My Country was pretty good. Bit of a romance story. Also they used the same songs too much

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 5:05 PM, The_Omega said:

I watched this last night and came away with the same feeling. I thought it was the players fault when it happened, but it was definitely the fault of the fans. Also Ron Artest has a legitimate mental illness. 

• Like 2

Finished up Misha and the Wolves earlier.  Really Fed up story but it was a good watch.

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

I watched this last night and came away with the same feeling. I thought it was the players fault when it happened, but it was definitely the fault of the fans. Also Ron Artest has a legitimate mental illness. 

He's definitely got some emotional issues, but I was pretty impressed with how introspective and honest with himself that he is.

• Like 2

The Defeated

I'm on episode 6

Spoiler

Lol the amount of spies working against this cop while he's cleaning up his brothers murders is hilarious

Also

Spoiler

Him getting involved with his bosses wife is very cliché 

I thought it was ok

Spoiler

I'm guessing Karin gets her karma in the 2nd half of the season

I watched SAS: Rise of the Black Swan on netflix last night. Typical action movie. Nothing groundbreaking. Solid to kill 2 hours if you need to.

Did a rewatch of all of the Mission Impossible movies. Good god how did they ever green light a second sequel after MI2?  What a piece of crap.  Thank god they did. mI6 is IMO one of best movies of last 5 years. 

• Like 1