Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

16 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It wasn't much as season 1 but there was some in all of the seasons IIRC

hmmm... I dont remember any in season 2 or 3. 

Bad Trip - A ‘’movie’’ primarily made up of hidden camera pranks, with a shell of a narrative tying it together. Some gross out stuff, as you can imagine, with more than a few laugh loud moments. Haddish kills it, as usual. The main characters are black, and the story involves a trip up I-95 from Florida, to NYC. Rolling through Georgia, the Carolinas, and Virginia, the filmmakers tried, obviously, on numerous occasions, to set the scene for some good old fashioned southern racism, but the unknowing pawns in the pranks just weren’t playing that. Nice to see. All in all, not bad, not great.

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Bad Trip - A ‘’movie’’ primarily made up of hidden camera pranks, with a shell of a narrative tying it together. Some gross out stuff, as you can imagine, with more than a few laugh loud moments. Haddish kills it, as usual. The main characters are black, and the story involves a trip up I-95 from Florida, to NYC. Rolling through Georgia, the Carolinas, and Virginia, the filmmakers tried, obviously, on numerous occasions, to set the scene for some good old fashioned southern racism, but the unknowing pawns in the pranks just weren’t playing that. Nice to see. All in all, not bad, not great.

yeah i thought it was pretty good too. some over the top stuff, so pretty much jackass with different actors.

i watched ep 1 of sweet tooth, def seems like a series i'll enjoy.

• Like 1

My wife's friend has recommended Virgin River.

Trailer looks horrible.  Like 2 seasons worth of a Hallmark show.

Is it a bad as it looks? Or should I give in and watch?

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

My wife's friend has recommended Virgin River.

Trailer looks horrible.  Like 2 seasons worth of a Hallmark show.

Is it a bad as it looks? Or should I give in and watch?

100% don’t 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

100% don’t 

That's what I thought. Thanks

On 6/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, hputenis said:

I think the new season of Black Summer came out today on Netflix.  I remember really liking season 1 when it came out seemingly a really long time ago.  I'm sure Covid delayed production of season 2.  Coming from someone who is not really a fan of the "zombie" genre, I binged season 1 in under 48 hours.  Awesome show.  

found this show earlier this week. just finished ep 3 & i'm having trouble looking past how infuriatingly stupid most of the characters are. 

Spoiler

thank god they killed of that stupid f'ing deaf guy. jeezus, was he insufferable!  they all are. they find a school & decide to hide out in the music room of all places. they're there less than 30 seconds & that f'n idiot deaf guy decides he wants to beat on the drum. what in the actual f! and the other moron goes right along with him. 

i really hope the painfully annoying characters get weeded out early in this one. they almost lost me already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

found this show earlier this week. just finished ep 3 & i'm having trouble looking past how infuriatingly stupid most of the characters are. 

Hide contents

thank god they killed of that stupid f'ing deaf guy. jeezus, was he insufferable!  they all are. they find a school & decide to hide out in the music room of all places. they're there less than 30 seconds & that f'n idiot deaf guy decides he want to beat on the drum. what in the actual f! and the other moron goes right along with him. 

i really hope the painfully annoying characters get weeded out early in this one. they almost lost me already. 

I enjoyed season 1 despite their stupidity. However, season 2 feels disconnected. They jump ahead and it just seems really weird. 

• Like 2

America: The Movie. it's like Venture Brothers and a history book. Some good moments and a few jokes  you get a couple moments later that are slick.

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

I enjoyed season 1 despite their stupidity. However, season 2 feels disconnected. They jump ahead and it just seems really weird. 

A lot of people didn't like the way they showed the timelines in season 2, and it definitely felt a little bit disorganized.  I really like the show in spite of that because of the way they portray the ruthlessness of the characters.  Don't trust someone?  Just shoot them in the face!  

Spoiler

I thought it was great when she's in that manor with that stupid family, and at the end of the episode she just blasts the mom right in the grill.  Later ugly mom!  You got too close! 

Finished season 4 Elite

Spoiler

So they built up the whole Guzman and Nadia for 3 seasons only to not have them get together lol

season 5 was renewed before season 4 was even released. Apparently they are going to shake up the cast again

Ander was an a-hole practically all of the season lol

The new girl with the short hair had a nice body

Strange that they brought in a prince that had a domestic abuse history

They have some short series too that were interesting. I think they were in the timeline of between season 3 and 4

Funniest was Guzman, Caye, Rebe

I wouldn't suggest watching America: The Motion Picture sober

Although if you hated Team America years ago then you'll hate this

On 7/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, mr_hunt said:

Reveal hidden contents

thank god they killed of that stupid f'ing deaf guy. jeezus, was he insufferable!  they all are. they find a school & decide to hide out in the music room of all places. they're there less than 30 seconds & that f'n idiot deaf guy decides he wants to beat on the drum. what in the actual f! and the other moron goes right along with him. 

how could i forget the best part of that ep :lol:  

Spoiler

chick & the painfully annoying deaf guy get separated..because reasons.  so she starts wandering through the hallways of the school.....while shouting his name!  :roll:   the deaf guy's name!  :roll:   oh yeah...cuz he's gonna hear you, genius!  :roll:   

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2021 at 10:05 AM, Gannan said:

idk how long ago you watched season 1...but what did you think about....

Spoiler

episode 6 where they steal all those guns from the...uhh....underground, dance/sexx club? :unsure:  in eps 1-5, these morons made the wrong choice every damn time. couldn't even walk 20 yards w/o fighting each other and doing something stupid. then...all of a sudden....out of nowhere....they pull off an oceans 11 style heist with precision timing and teamwork in a heavily armed facility...almost flawlessly. :lol: i honestly thought i missed a few eps where they slowly became not stupid...even stopped the ep to check...but nope. it jumped from them being morons in some diner..unable to deal with 2 zombies...to pulling off a magnificent heist.  

this show, man....this show. :roll:   

• Haha 1

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH - 5 seasons total. A woman outruns and outsmarts to start her own cocaine cartel and becoming the largest while trying to be benevolent … relatively speaking

Again, LUCIFER corny, cheesy in a funny kinda way. That guy is quite talented

14 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fatherhood.  We enjoyed it.  Nice work by Kevin Hart.  Wasn’t trying to be typical Kevin Hart funny guy in this.   Showed nice range and  decent dramatic acting ability.   I also liked how they didn’t make him out to be a typical horny widowed dad.  He had his heart and priorities where they needed to be. They hinted at that when he said he needed to teach the girlfriend how to play poker.  He was vulnerable.   Good movie.  

yep, this was very well done. IDK what I was expecting heading in, I guess typical loud KH annoyingness, mixed in with G rated parenthood type vibes and how hard it is. Which just doesn't appeal to me as a non parent. But the drama worked well and he executed the role perfectly.

He nailed the heartbroken a-hole-ness that comes along with grief, after losing someone so close to you such as a spouse. After my father passed away 4 years ago I recall what it's like when you're in your head about it and feel like maybe other people are pushing you along too quickly, even when they're not. You can snap and call people out more than you ever have before. And there were effective elements of that here, with him interacting with his friend played by "Lil Rel?" i think his name was. Kinda the not holding back, FU don't tell me what to do stuff. Also him vilifying the girlfriend when his daughter got hurt at school and he wasn't there for her bc he was with the girlfriend. Unfortunately another element for me that hit too close to home after my aforementioned situation I went through w my dad and my time being spent after that with my gf at the time and not other family and feeling like I was not where I should've been. H/o to some great writing with this film in how relatable it was. 

The MIL character was great here too. Wonder if she would qualify for any supporting actress nominations.  

Also - are we just not going to talk about I Think You Should Leave season 2? 

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

yep, this was very well done. IDK what I was expecting heading in, I guess typical loud KH annoyingness, mixed in with G rated parenthood type vibes and how hard it is. Which just doesn't appeal to me as a non parent. But the drama worked well and he executed the role perfectly.

Hide contents

He nailed the heartbroken a-hole-ness that comes along with grief, after losing someone so close to you such as a spouse. After my father passed away 4 years ago I recall what it's like when you're in your head about it and feel like maybe other people are pushing you along too quickly, even when they're not. You can snap and call people out more than you ever have before. And there were effective elements of that here, with him interacting with his friend played by "Lil Rel?" i think his name was. Kinda the not holding back, FU don't tell me what to do stuff. Also him vilifying the girlfriend when his daughter got hurt at school and he wasn't there for her bc he was with the girlfriend. Unfortunately another element for me that hit too close to home after my aforementioned situation I went through w my dad and my time being spent after that with my gf at the time and not other family and feeling like I was not where I should've been. H/o to some great writing with this film in how relatable it was. 

The MIL character was great here too. Wonder if she would qualify for any supporting actress nominations.  

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:
  Hide contents

Just as he was meeting up with his buddy at the bar.  I told my wife, there was no way in hell I would be in the mood to go out and see another woman or hit up a bar that soon.  I would l just want to be alone with the kid.   And just like that, they had his character have the appropriate response and want to leave the bar right away.  The MIL was really good.  Alfre Woodard is a good actress.  She played on the verge of tears, well.  Swan/Lizzy is fun to look at too.  

I think the MIL is the chicks mom from Love & Basketball. I feel that actress does well in those sorts of a sidelines character who can bring out the vulnerable when needed. 

Fans of the NARCOS series and SICARIO movies should check out SOMOS.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 1:02 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"Fear Street-1994" was pretty good.  Without giving anything away, I thought it hit on some nice nostalgia.  Kind of like Stranger Things, but in the mid 90's.  It also had some pretty good kills.  But of course, Netflix likes to force feed alternative lifestyle relationships in it's shows now when it really does nothing to advance the story.  But I digress.  We look forward to the next chapter, I guess dropping this week.  But if you like the campy slasher movies.  Def give this a shot.  It was what AHS-1984 tried to be, but failed miserably.  

Watched this and the 2nd movie - 1978 - over the weekend.  Both were enjoyable.  Looking forward to the third to see how they wrap it all up.

Started watching "How to become a tyrant". Peter Dinklidge is an awesome narrator.