Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

New Season of "Alone" hit netflix. 100 days alone in the arctic for 1 million dollars. Love this show. I'm not an outdoorsman by any means but I really respect what the people on this show can do. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gannan said:

New Season of "Alone" hit netflix. 100 days alone in the arctic for 1 million dollars. Love this show. I'm not an outdoorsman by any means but I really respect what the people on this show can do. 

The actual new season is airing on History right now - premiered last Wednesday.  New location - Grizzly Mountain

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I couldn't get through the first episode - is it worth a watch?

Meh.  Decent enough but wouldn't be high on my priority list.  

• Like 1

Sweet Tooth was a lot better than I thought it'd be

Spoiler

Pretty crazy with the doctor at the end. So he chose to dissect the lizard looking kid but not the deer looking kid because he's superstitious about the deer and because Gus spoke

I canceled Netflix..... Haven't watched it in months and wasn't aware that the price went up to $19

Plus, I'm pretty sure that my one ex is still using my password , so F her 🤣

did the same with Hulu/HBO Max as they were just a cheaper version of bored channel surfing on Directv  for me. Just have Netflix and Paramount (for chickie's star trek fetish).

Not in Netflix, but Mr Mercedes is on Peacock after being on some random ass streamer prior. Pretty good and follows books well

10 hours ago, homerpat said:

Not in Netflix, but Mr Mercedes is on Peacock after being on some random ass streamer prior. Pretty good and follows books well

I loved the books, but couldn't get into the show for some reason. Same with the new "Lisey's Story" on Apple. Might give it another shot though. 

The new movie Awake that was just added is an ironic concept because it was so bad it put me to sleep

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gannan said:

I loved the books, but couldn't get into the show for some reason. Same with the new "Lisey's Story" on Apple. Might give it another shot though. 

slow for first 2-3 but really picks up

• Like 1

So that's Rondo of Blood setting...Neat time period for something like this.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

So that's Rondo of Blood setting...Neat time period for something like this.

I would have definitely watched just a show of Dracula and Lisa traveling lol

They've got me hooked

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 10:45 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

The new movie Awake that was just added is an ironic concept because it was so bad it put me to sleep

I'm halfway and bored

Spoiler

Of course they had the religious nuts wanting to sacrifice the girl lol

And of course it's with a mother whos kids don't listen to her al so they end up getting into trouble a lot

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 10:45 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

I actually didnt mind it too much. I will watch any modern apocalypse type genre film as I'm intrigued in seeing how it would play it with the over-reliance on technology we now have. But this one did a nice job I thought of having as plausible explanation as possible for the girl with the "gift" / being immune to the "outbreak" / situation affecting everyone else at the end.

Obviously the execution in pulling that off (reviving/bringing others back to life) would be impossible , but the reveal of she actually died early on and then was brought back, which is why her sleep ability/schedule could return as well was cool. Just anytime someone tries to explain anything in one of these films and doesnt just say "oh well they were "special" I appreciate it. Low standard I know

5 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I actually didnt mind it too much. I will watch any modern apocalypse type genre film as I'm intrigued in seeing how it would play it with the over-reliance on technology we now have. But this one did a nice job I thought of having as plausible explanation as possible for the girl with the "gift" / being immune to the "outbreak" / situation affecting everyone else at the end.

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously the execution in pulling that off (reviving/bringing others back to life) would be impossible , but the reveal of she actually died early on and then was brought back, which is why her sleep ability/schedule could return as well was cool. Just anytime someone tries to explain anything in one of these films and doesnt just say "oh well they were "special" I appreciate it. Low standard I know

wondering if the screenwriters got the basic idea from Sleep Over: An Oral History of the Apocalypse

I think the new season of Black Summer came out today on Netflix.  I remember really liking season 1 when it came out seemingly a really long time ago.  I'm sure Covid delayed production of season 2.  Coming from someone who is not really a fan of the "zombie" genre, I binged season 1 in under 48 hours.  Awesome show.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I think the new season of Black Summer came out today on Netflix.  I remember really liking season 1 when it came out seemingly a really long time ago.  I'm sure Covid delayed production of season 2.  Coming from someone who is not really a fan of the "zombie" genre, I binged season 1 in under 48 hours.  Awesome show.  

I just started this the other night - the episode in season 1 when they were in the school with all those evil kids was creep AF!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I just started this the other night - the episode in season 1 when they were in the school with all those evil kids was creep AF!

Omg. Wait till you see he opening scene of season 2.  :roll:  It does not disappoint!  

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 6:21 AM, HazletonEagle said:

We are about 4 or 5 episodes in to Startup and its pretty good. Hidden gem since like 2016 just recently went to the netflix top 10 list.

Thanks for the heads up, really enjoyed. Hopefully Netflix notices and re-ups, plenty more they could do with the show 👌🏿

• Like 1

I love Bo Burnham. Inside was weird and probably not for a lot of people, but man I really loved it.  Here's a taste:

• Like 2