Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

13 hours ago, DBW said:

Movie called The Guilty with Jake Gyllenhall is decent. Is has the same feel as Phone Booth.  Basically just him on the phone the entire movie.  Not alot of on screen action but it’s suspenseful for most of the movie.  

I watched that too. I see why you compared it to Phone Booth, but this one was way less suspenseful in my opinion. I didn’t regret watching it, but was kinda just meh. I think the ending was kind of a letdown.

• Like 1

For all of you watching "Squid Games" are you watching it dubbed or in Korean with subtitles? I tried watching it last night with the dubbed English and the  dubbed voice "acting" was so bad it quickly became unwatchable. 

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I watched that too. I see why you compared it to Phone Booth, but this one was way less suspenseful in my opinion. I didn’t regret watching it, but was kinda just meh. I think the ending was kind of a letdown.

I agree. It was entertaining enough to hold my interest, but the end was anticlimactic. I also didn't think his backstory subplot worked with the main plot. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gannan said:

For all of you watching "Squid Games" are you watching it dubbed or in Korean with subtitles? I tried watching it last night with the dubbed English and the  dubbed voice "acting" was so bad it quickly became unwatchable. 

I've been watching in Korean with subtitles - I don't mind it that way

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I agree. It was entertaining enough to hold my interest, but the end was anticlimactic. I also didn't think his backstory subplot worked with the main plot. 

I always watch shows in the original language. It bothers me when the lips don't sync with the words

• Like 4

I watched it dubbed but some of my all time favorite movies are old school kung-fu flicks so that type of thing doesn't bother me at all 

My wife is lazy and refuses to watch subtitles, so I’m forced to watch the awful dubbed acting. Still enjoyable, but the dubbed older lady actress is awful

• Like 2

1 hour ago, homerpat said:

My wife is lazy and refuses to watch subtitles, so I’m forced to watch the awful dubbed acting. Still enjoyable, but the dubbed older lady actress is awful

I watched with dubs and subtitles, whenever the older crazy eyes lady is on screen i just make sure to focus on the subtitles, to avoid future nightmares.

• Haha 1

Y the Last Man has been better than I expected. Read the entire series a decade or so ago, but appreciate the direction they have gone to serialize it

On 10/1/2021 at 9:03 PM, The_Omega said:

It keeps getting better. And they did a great job with the

Reveal hidden contents

vampire

.  That thing was badass.

This was one of the best series I've seen on Netflix.  The slow start didn't even matter bc the acting, cinematography, writing, and content were all top notch.  Then once ish hit the fan.......wow.  What an awesome show.  

Spoiler

Maybe I zoned out for a minute or 2, but did they ever say what the F happened to Erin's baby?  Or did it just disappear and we are supposed to accept it?  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This was one of the best series I've seen on Netflix.  The slow start didn't even matter bc the acting, cinematography, writing, and content were all top notch.  Then once ish hit the fan.......wow.  What an awesome show.  

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe I zoned out for a minute or 2, but did they ever say what the F happened to Erin's baby?  Or did it just disappear and we are supposed to accept it?  

The Vampire blood saw it as harmful, and ‘’healed’’ her by getting rid of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Chappelle's closing special was decent, but not as strong as his more recent ones.

Yea just finished it, didn't really laugh all that much. If you're bored and have to kill an hour sure but I wouldn't really go out of my way to recommend it to anyone 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Chappelle's closing special was decent, but not as strong as his more recent ones.

I laughed a bunch but it wasn't as good as Sticks & Stones. He's getting attacked on social media by the alphabet group

Also it seemed like there were 2 people from the group in his audience

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I laughed a bunch but it wasn't as good as Sticks & Stones. He's getting attacked on social media by the alphabet group

Also it seemed like there were 2 people from the group in his audience

I noticed that too :roll:

That was the funniest part of the whole thing, they laughed a bunch at the very beginning but then as he got into it they very clearly weren't enjoying it anymore :roll:

You guys are nuts.  The Closer was great. Maybe it wasn’t quite as funny as the other two, but we’re still talking degrees of greatness.

through one episode and about 10 min of episode 2 of Midnight Mass. horribly telegraphed  no clue why people enjoy this

The young priest is 100% old priest and half the cast, the ones with awful makeup will be young again by taking sacrament at church or some other thing. Didn’t figure out what killed cats, but probably has to do with it  Now that i think about it  probably some monster the priest brought back in that giant old ass luggage in episode 1 since it’s a horror show  otherwise would guess some fountain of youth thing  I am positive I’ve nailed this show on almost all twists

Squid game is f'ing awesome.  Don't watch it dubbed you ****, the acting is phenomenal and very important.  

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 4:30 AM, homerpat said:

through one episode and about 10 min of episode 2 of Midnight Mass. horribly telegraphed  no clue why people enjoy this

Reveal hidden contents

The young priest is 100% old priest and half the cast, the ones with awful makeup will be young again by taking sacrament at church or some other thing. Didn’t figure out what killed cats, but probably has to do with it  Now that i think about it  probably some monster the priest brought back in that giant old ass luggage in episode 1 since it’s a horror show  otherwise would guess some fountain of youth thing  I am positive I’ve nailed this show on almost all twists

Reveal hidden contents

So... My Missus and I have one episode left and we can't quite work it out. We've found ourselves hooked on it (though yes it is somewhat predictable). And yet at the same time there's a lot about that show that gets on our nerves. It's a really strange one. 

So after watching Squid Game and Alice in Borderlands I'm still on the Korean series binge. I saw that The Kingdom had a 2 season series plus a full length movie so I figured it must be pretty decent. The first episode or 2 were pretty slow but when it picks up I like it a lot. It's pretty much a zombie show based in old feudal time Korea. Just finished season 1 so far but I'm in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

So after watching Squid Game and Alice in Borderlands I'm still on the Korean series binge. I saw that The Kingdom had a 2 season series plus a full length movie so I figured it must be pretty decent. The first episode or 2 were pretty slow but when it picks up I like it a lot. It's pretty much a zombie show based in old feudal time Korea. Just finished season 1 so far but I'm in.

If you’re interested in Korean movies let me know. There’s so many great ones. They really have an excellent tv and film industry. 

• Like 3

On 10/11/2021 at 11:30 PM, homerpat said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

So through three episodes of Midnight Mass 

Spoiler

Beverly knows that Father Paul is Monsignor Pruitt.  I'm thinking she's been poisoning him to see if he can survive it?  And he's healing people by mixing his blood with the wine.  I think that pretty much covers it.

• Like 1

Maybe a few of you,  but most likely your wives might like Maid.  It's about a gal who is emotionally abused by her boyfriend and father of her 2 yr old.  She is in every scene and it was good.  Andie MacDowell played her crazy mother, and she was outstanding.  It had a happy ending and that's the end of this limited series.  10 or so episodes I think it was.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, homerpat said:

If you’re interested in Korean movies let me know. There’s so many great ones. They really have an excellent tv and film industry. 

I'd appreciate any recommendations