Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

I haven’t seen any of the original MI trio in probably a decade or more, but people seem to love PSH in the third so I really should do a rewatch through all of them sometime 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:20 AM, HazletonEagle said:

I watched SAS: Rise of the Black Swan on netflix last night. Typical action movie. Nothing groundbreaking. Solid to kill 2 hours if you need to.

Lol was not expecting that ending

Spoiler

when she said no to the proposal and then changed her mind after seeing him cry

So after hearing enough about it, I watched Outer Banks - finished season 2 last night.  Season 1 was better, but neither was really that good :lol: Dumb kids making dumb decisions for the sake of dragging out a storyline 

Started clickbait last night. Watched 3 episodes.  Pretty good so far. It's an 8 episode limited series. 

• Like 3

On 8/30/2021 at 12:16 AM, Agent23 said:

I haven’t seen any of the original MI trio in probably a decade or more, but people seem to love PSH in the third so I really should do a rewatch through all of them sometime 

He really was quite good. One of the better villains in the franchise

Started up Clickbait

Midway of episode 3

Spoiler

I thought the idea was interesting. Should have been 5 billion views IMO. 5 million seems too small nowadays. Thought it was pretty messed up with the mannequin with his face on it. Can't imagine what the sister would be going through

The affair added an interesting twist but then having both of them having an affair seemed too much

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Started up Clickbait

Midway of episode 3

Hide contents

I thought the idea was interesting. Should have been 5 billion views IMO. 5 million seems too small nowadays. Thought it was pretty messed up with the mannequin with his face on it. Can't imagine what the sister would be going through

The affair added an interesting twist but then having both of them having an affair seemed too much

Is not too much of you keep watching.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished Clickbait. WOW. Holy twists and turns Batman

Spoiler

So the "journalist" broke into 2 houses, stole a phone, and used some software to bypass the locked phone and he doesn't go to jail? And it turns out it was all for fake info. His ass should go to jail

They gave up on Nick way too damn easily. That was pretty foul. I kind of believed that the wife gave up because she wasn't the bad guy anymore. Only the sister really kept fighting for him.

WHAT THE F!! So none of the women met with him?

The sister is constantly ignoring authority throughout this show lol

I don't think they explained the friend having all of the pics on his computer. Unless that women who had access to the computers put them there?

Lol she was just bored and Fed up so many lives. WTF

They should have done a scene of the news clearing his name and the women getting shamed for lying. It would have been a lot better if they at least cleared his name in the end IMO

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 10:31 PM, Mike030270 said:

Started up Clickbait

Midway of episode 3

Reveal hidden contents

My wife and I just blasted through this show.  We loved it, but I had 1 huge problem with it.  Unfortunately I’m on my iPhone so I can’t do a spoiler tag so you’ll have to guess. 

9 minutes ago, hputenis said:

My wife and I just blasted through this show.  We loved it, but I had 1 huge problem with it.  Unfortunately I’m on my iPhone so I can’t do a spoiler tag so you’ll have to guess. 

I keep forgetting to mention that to mod12

[SPOILER*] TEXT [*/SPOILER]

Take out the *

On 9/4/2021 at 10:14 AM, The_Omega said:

Money Heist is back, baby! :groovy:

Now I can’t wait until December for the final 5 episodes. They’ve really set it up for a humdinger of an ending.

On 9/4/2021 at 10:14 AM, The_Omega said:

Money Heist is back, baby! :groovy:

This show is HUGE in Latin America.  I won't say GoT huge but yeah it's a juggernaut.

Brand New Cherry Flavor was WILD...Not much of a payoff at the end, but really enjoyed it. Rosa Salazar is f'ing amazing.

Bo Burnham: Inside - Yeah, I know that this one is months old, but being laid up on the couch has given me the chance to catch up on some things that I haven't had the time to watch before now.  I'll start by acknowledging that he is talented.  Had to be to write this, film it, and put it all together all by himself.  Beyond that, it was OK.  Not nearly as funny as I would have liked.  Each song, despite their broad themes, had one or two good lines in it, but that was about it.  On a personal level, I don't know the guy, and have never watched him before, but, just judging from my own perceptions and experience, I really hope that he's getting professional psychiatric help.  He's pretty open about his psychological struggles and, after watching this special, I would not be surprised at all to read some day that he's committed suicide.  Maybe it was all part of his act, but he seemed, at times, to be screaming out for help.  Which brings me to what I didn't like, the recurring theme that he's doing his act as a sort of self-sacrifice for his fans, and that he resents having to do it, feeling that they should be doing it for him, and for themselves.  He made it.  He put it out there.  He didn't have to do that, but he did.  No one owes him anything beyond what Netflix paid him.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:59 PM, hputenis said:

I really enjoyed the show but I thought some of the plotlines were too far fetched. I'm guessing you did too.

Spoiler

1. I never bought that he would go directly to Dawn's house after escaping to confront her. No way a guy who has just been kidnapped does that. He'd go home and call the cops.

2. I really didn't buy that a 70 something year old Walmart manager who spent most of his time playing with toy trains is suddenly going to bludgeon a guy to death with a claw hammer in his kitchen and then have no problem killing his kid too.

Despite those over the top plot points it was entertaining and well acted and a good mystery that keeps you guessing. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 2:05 PM, The_Omega said:

Bo Burnham: Inside - Yeah, I know that this one is months old, but being laid up on the couch has given me the chance to catch up on some things that I haven't had the time to watch before now.  I'll start by acknowledging that he is talented.  Had to be to write this, film it, and put it all together all by himself.  Beyond that, it was OK.  Not nearly as funny as I would have liked.  Each song, despite their broad themes, had one or two good lines in it, but that was about it.  On a personal level, I don't know the guy, and have never watched him before, but, just judging from my own perceptions and experience, I really hope that he's getting professional psychiatric help.  He's pretty open about his psychological struggles and, after watching this special, I would not be surprised at all to read some day that he's committed suicide.  Maybe it was all part of his act, but he seemed, at times, to be screaming out for help.  Which brings me to what I didn't like, the recurring theme that he's doing his act as a sort of self-sacrifice for his fans, and that he resents having to do it, feeling that they should be doing it for him, and for themselves.  He made it.  He put it out there.  He didn't have to do that, but he did.  No one owes him anything beyond what Netflix paid him.

Check out his 2 stand up shows on Netflix. Both are pretty good IMO. He was really young when he did the first one. I feel like if you watch those 2 and then watch Inside it makes a bit more sense where he is coming from.

• Like 1

anyone watch Gunpowder Milkshake?  Got about half in and turned it off. Pretty boring and not well choreographed

• Like 2

To the Lake

Was actually a really good pandemic show made in Russia

Kind of crazy how it was released in November of 2019

Also the actress has a nice rack :thumbsup:

On 9/8/2021 at 10:50 PM, homerpat said:

anyone watch Gunpowder Milkshake?  Got about half in and turned it off. Pretty boring and not well choreographed

my wife and I've been keeping tallies / scoring system of movies ever since Covid started and we shut this one off halfway through as well. Could've worked with a better lead actress/assassin chic. She was just flat as a board the entire first half I watched. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 2:05 PM, The_Omega said:

welcome to any semi famous person under 35 years old. 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Kate - some cool fight scenes, and the car chase was decent, but otherwise nothing special

I'm interested just because I Fing LOVE Ramona Flowers.

• Like 3