Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

15 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Yeah I finished it earlier today ... I actually stayed up until 7am watching it I was hooked it was awesome... Really hoping for a second season... It was like lost meets saw and old boy the original old boy... 

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet I highly recommend it if you are looking for something to binge 

Maybe I need to give it another chance, but the English dubbing kills it for me.  I found myself slightly interested in the story, but halfway through the 2nd episode I was fast forwarding to all of the games  😂

17 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Maybe I need to give it another chance, but the English dubbing kills it for me.  I found myself slightly interested in the story, but halfway through the 2nd episode I was fast forwarding to all of the games  😂

I typically don't care for dubbed movies or shows but I really didn't notice it too often in this 

19 hours ago, hputenis said:

Yeah I only watched the first episode and also usually hate dubbing. But it wasn't that bad in this.

15 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Prey

Was so damn weird. Ending was pretty lame

Would you recommend it?  I just looked it up on imdb and it looks pretty awesome.  

Just now, hputenis said:

Would you recommend it?  I just looked it up on imdb and it looks pretty awesome.  

I thought the concept was pretty cool

They didn't really explain why it was happening IMO. Seemed like it was either this was the reason or that was the reason

I did not like the ending

You may like the ending and everything 🤷‍♂️ go for it lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ive just started Money Heist. Late on this one. About 5 episodes in. Looking good.

If you’ll admit to liking it this early, have your doctor on speed dial for an erection lasting longer than 4 hours later on.

• Like 1

Midnight Mass - Seems to be made by the same people as The Haunting of Hill House. 7 episodes. I’m on the 2nd, and it’s a slow burner, gonna take patience, but interesting enough to keep me going so far. It does have a bit of that Stephen King feel, where some of the characters are caricatures, but not quite as bad.

5 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Midnight Mass - Seems to be made by the same people as The Haunting of Hill House. 7 episodes. I’m on the 2nd, and it’s a slow burner, gonna take patience, but interesting enough to keep me going so far. It does have a bit of that Stephen King feel, where some of the characters are caricatures, but not quite as bad.

Episode 3 confirmed my suspicions of where this might be going. It's still a slow burner, but we'll see if it picks up now that there's been some reveal.  I would be surprised if this show doesn't get some pious folks all atwitter. :roll: 

On 9/30/2021 at 10:17 AM, The_Omega said:

Ep. 4, holy ish, the end anyway.  If you like shows with lots of dialogue, exposition, deep themes, this has gotten really good.  I'm not gonna lie, it's slow, as I said, lots of dialogue, but, occasionally, something happens, some "action", and when it does, it drives the story forward in a major way.  Really well done.

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Ep. 4, holy ish, the end anyway.  If you like shows with lots of dialogue, exposition, deep themes, this has gotten really good.  I'm not gonna lie, it's slow, as I said, lots of dialogue, but, occasionally, something happens, some "action", and when it does, it drives the story forward in a major way.  Really well done.

Ep.5, the ending, :o. I can't recall when I've so badly wanted to see what happens, in a show where so very little has actually happened.

• Like 1

Sweet Home was pretty good

Spoiler

Ending was kind of confusing. So was that a delusion or did the gangster not die and end up infiltrating the military? Or was he always in the military?

The firefighter turned special forces seemed like plot armor

So what was his ability? His arm turns into something that can stab people and he regenerates?

He could have prevented the people from killing the green glob monster if he stood in the way like he's done before

Also the "leader" didn't need to die as he easily could have just gone back after the guy didn't join them

I'm curious what happens next season

22 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I watched the first few episodes. Like it so far. Kind of a black mirror type of plot.

I’ll add to the squid games buzz.

I finished Season 1 last night. Thought the show was really entertaining, was a good watch. First episode was insane. It started off really strong, but agreed that last few episodes were bit of a mixed bag. Still really enjoyed from start to finish. I didn’t mind the dubbing. Didn’t take away from the show all that much. 

Going to start Midnight mass next, looks interesting enough. 

A lot of people probably won’t stick with Midnight Mass. As I mentioned, it’s often slow, the ‘’action’’ is sporadic, and it’s not really scary.  All that said, I thought it was great. It’s a pretty deep parable about the corruptible nature of people, and how many will cave to fear, and use that fear to twist religion to suit their own needs. Having grown up Catholic, it was pretty easy to connect with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

A lot of people probably won’t stick with Midnight Mass. As I mentioned, it’s often slow, the ‘’action’’ is sporadic, and it’s not really scary.  All that said, I thought it was great. It’s a pretty deep parable about the corruptible nature of people, and how many will cave to fear, and use that fear to twist religion to suit their own needs. Having grown up Catholic, it was pretty easy to connect with.

It’s freaking me out.  Just starting ep 4 

15 minutes ago, DiPros said:

It’s freaking me out.  Just starting ep 4 

It keeps getting better. And they did a great job with the

vampire

.  That thing was badass.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The_Omega said:

It keeps getting better. And they did a great job with the

Reveal hidden contents

vampire

.  That thing was badass.

Well done.  Finished it.  I’ll be praying Hail Mary’s tonight. 

Count me in on the squid games bandwagon. I hate dubbing with a passion, and while this is still noticeable, it’s not the worst. The old man and that obnoxious woman is bad but half the time people are wearing masks so it makes it less noticeable. About half way through, and enjoying it a lot. 

• Like 2

Movie called The Guilty with Jake Gyllenhall is decent. Is has the same feel as Phone Booth.  Basically just him on the phone the entire movie.  Not alot of on screen action but it’s suspenseful for most of the movie.