Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

9 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I love Bo Burnham. Inside was weird and probably not for a lot of people, but man I really loved it.  Here's a taste:

had no idea he was legitimately musically talented. Like you said not for everyone, but the musical spin on this was well done. Almost came out a little TOO late into this post COVID world, but it mostly worked. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

had no idea he was legitimately musically talented. Like you said not for everyone, but the musical spin on this was well done. Almost came out a little TOO late into this post COVID world, but it mostly worked. 

The guy is pretty much a savant, right down to the depression symptoms. It's crazy that he put this whole thing together himself. 

12 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I love Bo Burnham. Inside was weird and probably not for a lot of people, but man I really loved it.  Here's a taste:

I am a huge comedy nerd but do not usually care for his comedy, and in general not a musical comedian fan, but this was well done and very clever. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, homerpat said:

I am a huge comedy nerd but do not usually care for his comedy, and in general not a musical comedian fan, but this was well done and very clever. 

I never really loved his early stuff when he was mostly just a youtube clip guy (granted he was probably a teenager back then now that I think about it), but I've really enjoyed his specials for whatever reason.  Just a helluva performer. 

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

I never really loved his early stuff when he was mostly just a youtube clip guy (granted he was probably a teenager back then now that I think about it), but I've really enjoyed his specials for whatever reason.  Just a helluva performer. 

Make Happy is a national treasure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I used to love those early youtube songs he did.  I think he was 13 when he was writing those awesomely clever lyrics on those videos. 

He recently spoke out about how he has grown a lot and regrets that type of humor he used back then. 

I didn't know he was actually still a thing until I read an article about how we shouldn't forgive him just because he beat everyone to the punch on criticizing himself. 

• Like 1

Just finished all 3 seasons if startup.  It's good all the way through. 

It cant end here though. It's not been renewed, but also never been canceled.  Netflix needs to get it going again for another season,  or more. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, hputenis said:

I think the new season of Black Summer came out today on Netflix.  I remember really liking season 1 when it came out seemingly a really long time ago.  I'm sure Covid delayed production of season 2.  Coming from someone who is not really a fan of the "zombie" genre, I binged season 1 in under 48 hours.  Awesome show.  

It's definitely found its own voice in the zombie herd.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Made the mistake of starting "Manifest” with my wife.  She’s hooked.  I think it’s terrible. Horrendous acting and really bad writing.  Is this how bad network TV is now?  After tonight, I’m gonna tell her she’s on her own with this god awful show.  

shoulda started Startup instead.

At least Too Hot to Handle is back as of today for season 2. You guys will be watching that soon enough Im sure. Im thinking Mrs HE will have me start watching that on Monday.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Never heard of it.  I’ll check it out.  

which one? Startup is good. You wont want to watch too hot to handle.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Too hot to handle.  Sounds like a reality show.  

it is.

They try to pick all good looking people. Stick them on an island to find a partner, but dont tell them beforehand that there will be no knoodling allowed. 

Various levels of knoodling have varying degrees of monetary penalty. Even a kiss takes away from the total prize pot at the end of the season. And so, when people cant control themselves, they are losing money for all involved, not just themselves.

Original idea for a dating reality show. But cheezy. And no nudity even though its a netflix original. Ill watch with Mrs HE. I wouldnt watch it if it was just me.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Startup looks good.  Will definitely have to give that one a shot.  

real good. 

Tried Manifest and couldn't get into it.

Last night found Bad Blood.  Mafia true events being played out on screen is right up my alley.  

14 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Made the mistake of starting "Manifest” with my wife.  She’s hooked.  I think it’s terrible. Horrendous acting and really bad writing.  Is this how bad network TV is now?  After tonight, I’m gonna tell her she’s on her own with this god awful show.  

14 minutes ago, DiPros said:

i'm trying to watch this with the wife as well. she watched the first 4 eps. i think i'm on ep 3 now...catching up so we can watch it together. there must be a dozen similar shows on netflix...group of people disappear for a period of time then suddenly reappear. :lol:  i can already tell this one is going to get bad...really bad. i had the first ep figured out after the first 5 minutes. 

14 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

shoulda started Startup instead.

At least Too Hot to Handle is back as of today for season 2. You guys will be watching that soon enough Im sure. Im thinking Mrs HE will have me start watching that on Monday.

Big downgrade from Season 1. Barely any cleavage

57 minutes ago, DiPros said:

Last night found Bad Blood.  Mafia true events being played out on screen is right up my alley.  

Good show. Finished it up about a month ago.

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's disappointing. Thought they were gonna let loose in season 2. Wtf is the point then lol

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What the F? How am I supposed to get through it now?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is that the Montreal mafia show?  I gave it 5 minutes, a few years ago.  Maybe should try again....no?

Yup. It's nothing groundbreaking, but I thought it was a good and gets better as it goes along. I think its only like 14 episodes total so not overly long either. 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

As my dad used to ask.......any T & A?

Nope. I think it aired on some premium Canadian cable channel. Violence, F-bombs galore, no bewbs 

The Mole is on Netflix now.  I loved that show when it came out, so I’ve started watching it.  It’s amazing to see how bad production was back in 2001 for a reality competition.  I’d love to see a new season to see how it compares.

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Elite is like How to Get Away with Murder but with nudity

Youl be disappointed in season 2 and 3. No nudity.

I havent watched 4 yet. I thought it was supposed to be done after 3 but saw 4 come out recently. Hope the blond chick shows those boobs again. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Youl be disappointed in season 2 and 3. No nudity.

I havent watched 4 yet. I thought it was supposed to be done after 3 but saw 4 come out recently. Hope the blond chick shows those boobs again. 

It wasn't much as season 1 but there was some in all of the seasons IIRC