Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 1/11/2022 at 3:05 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

the witcher is awesome. 2nd season was even better than the 1st. 

Just finished it and agree 100%.  S1 was fun, S2 is a Sword & Sorcery instant classic.  Super strong ending that has you invested in pretty much every story arc going forward.

1 hour ago, DBW said:

On season 3 of "YOU” and the body count is ridiculous 😂 

It was jumping the shark in season 2. Or maybe even the end of season 1? But Im still gonna watch season 3. I think we will be starting it tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

It was jumping the shark in season 2. Or maybe even the end of season 1? But Im still gonna watch season 3. I think we will be starting it tomorrow.

Totally jumping it, but the ridiculous makes it addicting and entertaining for sure.  

Everyone always told me that Cobra Kai was really good, I had never seen karate kid so had to watch that first (few years late but loved it), finally started Cobra Kai and I’m not a fan. First few episodes were good but I’ve found it to be really cheesy & some of the acting pretty bad 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Everyone always told me that Cobra Kai was really good, I had never seen karate kid so had to watch that first (few years late but loved it), finally started Cobra Kai and I’m not a fan. First few episodes were good but I’ve found it to be really cheesy & some of the acting pretty bad 

How had you never seen Karate kid?

Cobra Kai is totally a nostalgia trip. Meant for those of us memberberrying about it. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, homerpat said:

Cobra Kai is totally a nostalgia trip. Meant for those of us memberberrying about it. 

I’m younger, so it was never something I cared to see or anyone tried to get me to see until recently. I’m trying to watch more movies from back in the day though. 

i can definitely see the nostalgia aspect though 

59 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Wait a few decades to let the nostalgic fondness for the movie grow inside you, then start watching it again. Then let us know if that increases your enjoyment.

16 hours ago, homerpat said:

I saw karate kid when it came out and then re-watched prior to starting cobra kai and I kinda get what he's saying. The original was an objectively good movie (even getting an Oscar nom for Morita.) While the new series comes off more as a campy intentionally over-the-top comedy that pokes fun at itself, and by extension, the original movie. I mean, I get it, because it kinda came out in the thick of the cheesy 80's pop-culture summer movie surge and was then further diluted by poor sequels to the point where a lot of people associate that level of cheesiness with the original (Rocky and Rambo franchises are like this too.) But the new series acts like it was always in on the joke, and almost derides to source material for the sake of self-justification, which is lame because the original was good then and actually still holds up today.

• Like 1

Kobra Kai is Bad Santa but karate instead of Christmas...I find it funny, campy, silly. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, Shepard Wong said:

Don't like that it's on FX

On 1/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, DBW said:

Peaky Blinders season 6 should be coming soon!  Have to rewatch the series though because I forget half of it 

I've re-watched that series so many times lol great show

Home Team: another Netflix Adam Sandler movie starring Kevin James...

Playing...

Sean Patyon.

:blink:

Yes, he looks & acts absolutely nothing like the Saints coach but plays him during the year when he was suspended for Bounty Gate.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:54 PM, NOTW said:

Playing...

Sean Patyon.

Yes, he looks & acts absolutely nothing like the Saints coach but plays him during the year when he was suspended for Bounty Gate.

It's was good in 2 ways,

1: it was a decent movie, what you'd expect from Kevin James

And 

2: it didn't look or sound anything like Sean Payton, so I am still able to hate the sheet out him. 

It's really a win-win

2 hours ago, BFit said:

It's was good in 2 ways,

1: it was a decent movie, what you'd expect from Kevin James

And 

2: it didn't look or sound anything like Sean Payton, so I am still able to hate the sheet out him. 

It's really a win-win

His accent was bad plus off and on.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:54 PM, NOTW said:

Playing...

Sean Patyon.

Yeah, that trailer completely blew my mind. Just a bizarre premise to base it off of a real person and real-life events. 

In From the Cold could have been a lot better

Spoiler

It was super cliche to have the agent use a former hacker to do his bidding. Even more so because I guess the agent wasn't even supposed to be doing his little operation

The daughter is psycho

Only thing that kept me interested was that the spy could morph into whoever she's touched and camouflage. Also the end was able to hook me when she revealed she's been playing them the whole time

Hopefully next season is better

Rewatching Breaking Bad for the 90th time and the only thing more cringeworthy than Walt and Skyler’s relationship is Hank and Marie’s relationship. 

22 hours ago, hputenis said:

Rewatching Breaking Bad for the 90th time and the only thing more cringeworthy than Walt and Skyler’s relationship is Hank and Marie’s relationship. 

I hated Skyler so much lol

On 2/4/2022 at 11:43 PM, hputenis said:

image.jpeg.51d448ce5f6733ef504fc9b1ad69fef9.jpeg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, DBW said:

Hit though! Right!?!

Not the season where she goes into the pool but when she confronts jesse and keeps dropping Yo, a few episodes long easily.

• Like 1