Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

9 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

"Toss a coin to your Witcher" got all the love in season 1, but "Burn Butcher Burn" is solid.  

Jaskier is such a great character. 

I'm into ep4 and his grand entrance.  I actually think it's very smart to give him varying amounts of time from season to season.  This show is promising to go 6 seasons + and as any DnD players knows,  bards get annoying if you overdo them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm into ep4 and his grand entrance.  I actually think it's very smart to give him varying amounts of time from season to season.  This show is promising to go 6 seasons + and as any DnD players knows,  bards get annoying if you overdo them.

Jaskier is the best part of the show so far

• Like 1

I re-watched season 1 of Ozark.  I should be done seasons 2 and 3 before the new season starts later this month.  Cannot wait!!!!

• Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 11:01 AM, mikemack8 said:

The Harder They Fall was good - kinda reminded me of a Tarantino movie with some of the violence.  Loved the cast.  Loved the music.  Fun take on the western genre.

I adored this movie, probably more than I should have. 

On 12/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, HazletonEagle said:

They probably didnt need JL working in the liquor store and meeting those random dudes to tag along... that part was all waste and served no real purpose.  Other than that, I wouldnt cut any.

wouldn't be surprised if that was just Netflix swinging their Ds that they could pull/feature Timothee Chalamet in a nothing side role performance to drum up more views. I know he is in a couple other Netflix movies (The King for one). Maybe they have some kind of contract with him to appear in x amount roles. That TC is so hot right now. 

On 12/31/2021 at 12:25 AM, hputenis said:

Breaking Bad is still ironically good because I’m so addicted to it. Best show ever made and there isn’t a close second.   Save your Sopranos crap. 

51AF93BD-76A0-4C44-9686-26A5E093CEFF.jpeg

just finished a 7th rewatch recently and had a moment of "well guess this is probably going to be it." But I know it's not going to be... next time I hit a roadblock and just need something to occupy my time it's probably gonna go back on. 

On 1/1/2022 at 10:28 PM, Dave Moss said:

best part about it is that it had a logical endpoint at the end of season 5 after he got Hank killed and had to go into hiding.  the shows that go on for like 5 too many seasons piss me off  

*cough* Walking Dead *cough*

the other best part is since they ended this so well at such a logical time and went out on a high note, they left open the possibility to pick the story back up in that universe at another time. Which they immediately did, just via prequel with BCS and then after a few years really went back with El Camino. And while the latter wasn't incredible by any means, it was almost literal heroine in terms of fan service. It gave closure to the co-stars story (Jesse) and brought back a whole lot of familiar, beloved faces from arguably the best show ever one last time.

Also, again regardless of how great it was - another positive was the hype leading up to it. Hidden behind closed doors until Bob Odenkirk one day just lets the cat out of the bag while on a podcast... and then we have a 3 month or so countdown until it's released. I woke up before work that day at 6a to watch it, like a kid running downstairs to watch his favorite Saturday morning cartoon. Just a well executed finish and follow up to one of the best shows of all time. 

• Like 1

I watched both seasons of Mindhunter, not a bad show. Too bad they didn't go beyond 2 seasons though. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 9:25 PM, hputenis said:

Breaking Bad is still ironically good because I’m so addicted to it. Best show ever made and there isn’t a close second.

This show is better

Digging Coal Together: 20 'Justified' GIFs to Help You Mourn the End of the  Series — Writer's Bone

i'm not a drummer but still appreciated this doc last night about drumming:

guess i can tap one out for dFc
0zC3h4q.gif

On 1/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, downundermike said:

This show is better

Digging Coal Together: 20 'Justified' GIFs to Help You Mourn the End of the  Series — Writer's Bone

I tried, but season one was way too villain of the week. Just couldn’t get into it

13 minutes ago, homerpat said:

I tried, but season one was way too villain of the week. Just couldn’t get into it

Season 1 learning the characters, all other seasons have a story line

For any Bo Burnham fans, Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous is on Netflix. An older sitcom he made when he was younger. Only one season, it's a bit corny but has its funny moments.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, downundermike said:

This show is better

I don’t even know what that is and still….wrong. 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:26 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I watched both seasons of Mindhunter, not a bad show. Too bad they didn't go beyond 2 seasons though. 

Supposedly season 3 is in the works

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I hope so, but I'd read that they didn't think there'd be a season 3 because it was fairly expensive to film. 

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don’t think Fincher’s down for it yet.

50 minutes ago, DBW said:

Started watching "You” this week and I’m hooked!  I’m on the last episode of season 1 right now.  

I loved the first season, then I kind of lost interest. 

We finally saw the second "season" of tiger king. Now I see there's a spin off just for the cult guy. Anyone see it yet? Curious if it's worth it or not.

9 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

the witcher is awesome. 2nd season was even better than the 1st. 

You're drunk - the lack of Yennefer being naked at all immediately makes your claim invalid

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

You're drunk - the lack of Yennefer being naked at all immediately makes your claim invalid

touche'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I've never watched Justified, but even saying that I am 100% certain that it is not better than Breaking Bad

Give it a shot, it is on Amazon Prime and Hulu.  Obviously Breaking Bad is great, but everyone has their preference.  I have actually watched Justified more times than the Soprano's.