Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Dune can/could be seen on HBO Max but I gladly went to Dolby Cinema 

That's why I said "a movie like that".  Dune is not a movie like that.

On 11/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, The_Omega said:

Red Notice - Yeah, it’s as big, and dumb, and paint by numbers as you would expect, but it’s also pretty stinking funny and entertaining. Definitely worth wasting a couple of hours on.

The Rock is boring to me now. He's the same in every movie

Red Notice was highly entertaining. Rock and Reynolds were great together. Gal Gadot of course makes it worth watching just for her.  Very Indiana jones meets fast and furious meets James Bond meets austin powers.  Would recommend it to a friend 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 4:23 PM, jrsu37 said:

Started Arcane last night...2eps in, but absolutely love it. I know NOTHING about League of Legends, but the art direction, the voice acting, all of it rules. 

I just finished it and wow. I was not expecting it to be this good. The music, story, and animation is amazing

This was one of my favorite scenes from the show

Spoiler

Is the game this good? I didn't know anything about this but liked the previews so I tried it out

Powders transition to Jinx was amazing. All of the side stories weren't boring and were actually very interesting.

I'm amazed it's not getting talked about more

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 12:06 AM, DBW said:

Red Notice was highly entertaining. Rock and Reynolds were great together. Gal Gadot of course makes it worth watching just for her.  Very Indiana jones meets fast and furious meets James Bond meets austin powers.  Would recommend it to a friend 

My daughter has had me watch it 3 times already with her. It's pretty fun IMO.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:17 PM, JBENT87 said:

The fiancé was pushing hard for "Maid" so we finally got into it. Binged 10 episodes over three-four days. This was really well done. Trigger warning for anyone whos been a victim of domestic violence though, or has been homeless. Or been an alcoholic.  A lot of that throughout this. But Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers, Once Upon a Time..), and Andie MacDowell kill it. Also real life mother daughter connection. Nick Robinson, the boyfriend/abuser is great too. A lot better than I was expecting. Some light heartedness mixes into the depressing stuff to help offset that which definitely helped. Possibility of a season 2, which I would definitely check out. 

Thanks for recommendation. Watching it with wife. Sad as hell, but definitely well written and acted. I’m enjoying it. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 5:34 PM, Mike030270 said:

Hellbound is insane

I've passed over this a few times...Just read the synopsis and it sounds pretty interesting.

Elves - Danish horror series about, you guessed it, Elves.  It wasn’t anything groundbreaking but it’s a quick binge - 6 episodes and each one was only about twenty minutes.  It was entertaining enough

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:52 PM, Mike030270 said:

I just finished it and wow. I was not expecting it to be this good. The music, story, and animation is amazing

This was one of my favorite scenes from the show

Hide contents

Is the game this good? I didn't know anything about this but liked the previews so I tried it out

Powders transition to Jinx was amazing. All of the side stories weren't boring and were actually very interesting.

I'm amazed it's not getting talked about more

So I watch it with my son who is big into the game...He says it's weird they picked just one little section of the lore of the game to create the show. The game apparently has an enormous world and a LOT of lore behind it. He said the city in the the show is basically, easily gleanable from Arcane, a continuous symbol of the haves/have nots. 

He was also not expecting the show to be as good as it was. It apparently had an unlimited animation budget, and it shows.

• Like 1

F is for Family Season 5 available now. First 3 episodes are a little slow. Hopefully it picks up. The first 4 were awesome.  Its basically Married with Children in Animation and uncensored. 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 9:32 AM, jrsu37 said:

So I watch it with my son who is big into the game...He says it's weird they picked just one little section of the lore of the game to create the show. The game apparently has an enormous world and a LOT of lore behind it. He said the city in the the show is basically, easily gleanable from Arcane, a continuous symbol of the haves/have nots. 

He was also not expecting the show to be as good as it was. It apparently had an unlimited animation budget, and it shows.

That's interesting. I wonder if they'll open up more after receiving damn near perfect reviews everywhere. I loved the story and glad that it's getting a lot of recognition

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, What The F said:

F is for Family Season 5 available now. First 3 episodes are a little slow. Hopefully it picks up. The first 4 were awesome.  Its basically Married with Children in Animation and uncensored. 

This show is the best.  

"I wanna eat.  I wanna eat.  I wanna eat.....

Spoiler

THAT NASTY POOSAAAYYY!!!!"

On 11/26/2021 at 12:06 AM, DBW said:

or simply, a "blockbuster" movie as I put it. Feels a little weird having these huge ensemble movies show up on streaming right to your living room, as could've easily seen this trio advertised on a huge billboard outside an AMC theatre, trying to bring in the Holiday/Memorial Dau Weekend crowd. But yeah it was good for what it was. 

On 12/1/2021 at 9:20 AM, mikemack8 said:

Elves - Danish horror series about, you guessed it, Elves.  It wasn’t anything groundbreaking but it’s a quick binge - 6 episodes and each one was only about twenty minutes.  It was entertaining enough

I just started this and I’m hooked after 1 episode.  The quicker the better.  My wife disagrees. 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I just started this and I’m hooked after 1 episode.  The quicker the better.  My wife disagrees. 😂

It was so stupid but entertaining as hell

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm 3 episodes in on the 2nd half of season 5 of money heist.  Still awesome. 

Finally got around to watching. I think we just started Part 4 last night after binging for three or so weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Finally got around to watching. I think we just started Part 4 last night after binging for three or so weeks.

There's a few moments throughout where you have to forgive people for being dumb to allow for the story to continue. 

Overall, I think it's brilliant.  I can not believe what happened in this 8th episode of season 5. Blindsided. I don't want it to be done in 2 episodes.  Hope there will be more. 

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

There's a few moments throughout where you have to forgive people for being dumb to allow for the story to continue. 

Overall, I think it's brilliant.  I can not believe what happened in this 8th episode of season 5. Blindsided. I don't want it to be done in 2 episodes.  Hope there will be more. 

My main takeaway so far is whoever wrote this straight up LOVES Mexican standoffs. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Question....do you guys leave the subtitles on or do you switch it over to be English speaking?  I leave the subtitles on for shows like Narcos.  I felt the words not matching up to the lips was far too distracting.  

I have English dubbing. I feel like it's not too bad on this show.  There are a select few characters where it's bad in a funny way.  Denver laugh is hilarious. Arturo sounds ridiculous and that fits his characters idiocy.

I feel like Berlin, Helsinki and Tokyo, abs the inspector are perfect voices for the characters.  I forget it's a voice actor with those ones.

The show is good enough to keep my attention away from noticing the voice not synced with the mouth.  And I miss a ton when i have to focus on reading instead of watching.  I never,  ever do subtitles.  Even if the sync is a bad as Elite was. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Question....do you guys leave the subtitles on or do you switch it over to be English speaking?  I leave the subtitles on for shows like Narcos.  I felt the words not matching up to the lips was far too distracting.  

Odd fact: the name for the show in spanish is Casa de papel, which means House of paper which is a direct equivalent for the english saying House of Cards.  But House of cards was already a famous Netflix show, so they went in another direction.

Money Heist - From start to finish, so f'ing bad, but so f'ing awesome.  I'm going to miss wasting my time on this great big steaming pile of fantastic.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, mikemack8 said:

It was so stupid but entertaining as hell

Just finished it.  I would recommend especially because you can binge the whole thing in under 3 hours.  The acting was painful to sit through at times, but I like the idea of flesh-eating elves halfway around the world.  

• Like 1