Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

The Unforgivable is pretty good. Shows a lot of angles to how the crime affects different parties involved. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:31 PM, Dave Moss said:

I kind of liked Don’t Look Up.  Pretty merciless satirizing of American culture.  Goofy as hell though.  

I'm halfway through.  It is pretty funny, and sadly pretty accurate. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm halfway through.  It is pretty funny, and sadly pretty accurate. 

It's a painful reminder that we are already living in Idiocracy.

Don’t look up is brilliant. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s nominated for best picture. 

• Haha 1

The Harder They Fall was good - kinda reminded me of a Tarantino movie with some of the violence.  Loved the cast.  Loved the music.  Fun take on the western genre.

• Like 3

I read that some people didn't like the second season of the Witcher in here?  I'm through 4 episodes and I'm completely hooked.  I can't wait to finish so I can rewatch the 1st season.  

11 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I read that some people didn't like the second season of the Witcher in here?  I'm through 4 episodes and I'm completely hooked.  I can't wait to finish so I can rewatch the 1st season.  

I liked it, just thought the pacing was slow compared to season 1, but I understand why.  Oh and the lack of boobs was a bummer

41 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I dont think anyone didnt like it.

But, I was disappointed that it was only 8 episodes and they used them all as filler. That was completely unnecessary. By the end of season 1, you knew 

Spoiler

Geralt, Yen, and Siri were going to meet up.

And it took the entirety of season 2 for that to happen. I think 1-3 episodes would have been reasonable, and then continue the story from there.

Instead, it took the whole season, and the story did not progress at all. Kind of a complete waste of 8 episodes after waiting SO long for the season to finally come around. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

Don’t look up is brilliant. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s nominated fir best picture. 

Best movie all year 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don't look up was ok, I think they could have easily cut at least 30 mins off of it though.

They probably didnt need JL working in the liquor store and meeting those random dudes to tag along... that part was all waste and served no real purpose.  Other than that, I wouldnt cut any. It was long, but it was all entertaining. 

I watched it yesterday.  Wasn't sure what it was and then figured it out, and sadly parts were historically close to our reality today.  There were also some good dingers that made me LOL.

Have 1 episode left of The Witcher.  Thanks for the recommendations you guys post here.  That is not something I would normally go to, but it was really good!

Anyone watched Death to 2021?  It's as good as the one last year, maybe one better.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, hputenis said:

Same.  I blew through both seasons and loved them both.  Looking forward to what comes next.  

• Like 2

The Silent Sea was a pretty good sci-fi show

So many questions about the end and it'll be interesting if it gets a 2nd season

Breaking Bad is still ironically good because I’m so addicted to it. Best show ever made and there isn’t a close second.   Save your Sopranos crap. 

51AF93BD-76A0-4C44-9686-26A5E093CEFF.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hputenis said:

Breaking Bad is still ironically good because I’m so addicted to it. Best show ever made and there isn’t a close second.   Save your Sopranos crap. 

I'm long overdue to re-watch this.  If Game of Thrones had ended properly I think it would garner the top spot, and it still may for me, but Breaking Bad is definitely up there.  Better Call Saul is, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm long overdue to re-watch this.  If Game of Thrones had ended properly I think it would garner the top spot, and it still may for me, but Breaking Bad is definitely up there.  Better Call Saul is, too.

Don’t remember posting this but I’m glad I did. 😂  Was without daughter last night and I’m paying the price for it this morning.  

Game of Thrones was incredible.  It was much better the 2nd time I watched it just because you miss so much. Better Call Saul might be #2 for me.  I hope Vince Gilligan never stops.  He scratches me right where I itch in the crotch!  

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I dont think anyone didnt like it.

But, I was disappointed that it was only 8 episodes and they used them all as filler. That was completely unnecessary. By the end of season 1, you knew 

Reveal hidden contents

Geralt, Yen, and Siri were going to meet up.

And it took the entirety of season 2 for that to happen. I think 1-3 episodes would have been reasonable, and then continue the story from there.

Instead, it took the whole season, and the story did not progress at all. Kind of a complete waste of 8 episodes after waiting SO long for the season to finally come around. 

If that was filler, then I can’t wait for whatever comes next.  Filler. I’ll give you filler ****ot!  

• Haha 1

"Toss a coin to your Witcher" got all the love in season 1, but "Burn Butcher Burn" is solid.  

Jaskier is such a great character. 

• Like 3

On 12/31/2021 at 12:25 AM, hputenis said:

best part about it is that it had a logical endpoint at the end of season 5 after he got Hank killed and had to go into hiding.  the shows that go on for like 5 too many seasons piss me off  

*cough* Walking Dead *cough*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don’t Look Up was hilarious!  

that’s EXACTLY how something like that would go down.  They nailed it.  

️ Would Recommend to a friend!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Don’t Look Up was hilarious!  

that’s EXACTLY how something like that would go down.  They nailed it.  

️ Would Recommend to a friend!!!

there's a bonus scene after the credits.  fyi

• Like 1