Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Watched the first 2 episodes and couldn't get into it. Does it get better?

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

Watched the first 2 episodes and couldn't get into it. Does it get better?

yes. investigation gets deep and action picks up. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Seems a little silly with how big and indestructible the guy appears.  And he doesn't seem like a stellar actor.  I might give it a shot.  

I thought the same about his acting. There are nearly no facial experessions, and no emotion. But I kinda think thats how the character is supposed to be portrayed. 

Ive seen more indestructible characters in movies based on a true story such as those 4 Seals running around on legs with bones sticking out and being shot and stuff.

This guy eventually takes some hits in fights late in the season. 

17 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Seems a little silly with how big and indestructible the guy appears.  And he doesn't seem like a stellar actor.  I might give it a shot.  

He has one expression, smug bemusement.

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Watching his relationship grow with the chief detective who has the same personality was kind of fun(ny). Theyd both crack jokes without any smiles. Kind of funny. I think it was how the character was supposed to be portrayed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Omega said:

He does have more range. Played Hank on Titans and was great on that show. He’s not going to win awards, but he’s a great action and comedic actor

Brand New Cherry Flavor

Season 1

Episode 4

Around the 34 minute mark

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2022 at 11:08 AM, What The F said:

Brand New Cherry Flavor

Season 1

Episode 4

Around the 34 minute mark

I Don'T Know!? GIF - Reaction Confused Kid - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Saw the trailer and it looks terrible.  Care to spoiler tag what the scene is?  

Not sure how to spoiler tag on mobile

I started The Last Kingdom this weekend.  Had to start from the beginning since I was only on season 2 and had forgotten even starting it.  I'm now into season 3 with #5 being the last of this show.   I'm liking it so far, finally had to turn it off around 1 am!  

• Like 1

I burned through the 8 eppys of Reacher pretty quick.  Started sort of slow, but it was setting up the story and then it picked up and dove into the investigation.  My friend told me to give it a try and I'm glad I did as it was enjoyable overall, though the final battle IMO was predictable and fell short of the build up.  She is familiar with the books and said in the books he is a huge guy who is also wicked smart, though in the books he's English as it was written by an English author.  I'm just remembering what she told me.  I'd heard of, but never saw, the Tom Cruise film version, so found it odd they cast him when he's at least a foot short of what Reacher is in the books.  I thought the actor who played him did a decent job, not great, but good enough.  As someone said above, he was also in Titans playing the Hawk and he was better in that.  Worth a watch and if they do another season I'd check it out.

• Like 1

Vikings Valhalla is really well done. I started to lose interest in the original series when...

Spoiler

Ragnar died, and most of the main characters from the first few seasons weren't the primary focus of the show anymore. 

The new series has great writing and great characters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

Vikings Valhalla is really well done. I started to lose interest in the original series when...

Reveal hidden contents

Ragnar died, and most of the main characters from the first few seasons weren't the primary focus of the show anymore. 

The new series has great writing and great characters. 

Are you able to start fresh with Vikings Valhalla, or do you have to watch the original series first?  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

First show I started on Netflix back in the day.  I heard a lot about GOT...didn't have HBO.  So I searched GOT on Netflix, wondering if it was on and Last Kingdom was suggested to me.  Watched it ever since.  5-6 years now...I think.  

Destiny is All.  

did you try being less poor?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/16/2022 at 11:56 PM, hputenis said:

Are you able to start fresh with Vikings Valhalla, or do you have to watch the original series first?  

Nevertheless, you should waste your time on the 1st, a great series

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 10:56 AM, hputenis said:

Vikings is set in the 8th and 9th century while Vikings Valhalla is set in the 11th. You don't need to see the first series but I'd recommend watching. It's a great show

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 10:09 PM, homerpat said:

Adam Project was very entertaining. 

I was surprised by how good this was. He's turning into Dwayne Johnson where he's in everything now and it gets too much IMO. Plus he seems to play the same type of character since Deadpool

The crude humor, smart ass, and sarcasm worked with this movie though. He also had great chemistry with the kid. There were a lot of funny moments

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 11:56 AM, hputenis said:

Definitely. There are some references to characters from the first, but just passing references to Viking legends.. You could start with Valhalla and later go back to the original show to see who they're referencing. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 11:41 PM, Mike030270 said:

I was surprised by how good this was. He's turning into Dwayne Johnson where he's in everything now and it gets too much IMO. Plus he seems to play the same type of character since Deadpool his entire career.

The crude humor, smart ass, and sarcasm worked with this movie though. He also had great chemistry with the kid. There were a lot of funny moments

Dude's an annoying tool and he always was.  Deadpool sucks, a marvel movie with fart jokes, whoopdie-doo.

If you're in the mood for an intense WW2 film check out

THE BOMBARDMENT

A beautifully directed Danish film.

The English audio version is excellent if you hate subtitles.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 10:55 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  It was really good.  

I’m on episode 5 right now and absolutely loving it. I honestly can’t wait to roll right into the last Kingdom.  King  Canute is one of my favorite characters I can remember. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 2:09 PM, Gannan said:

Definitely. There are some references to characters from the first, but just passing references to Viking legends.. You could start with Valhalla and later go back to the original show to see who they're referencing. 

Just started episode 6 and.....

Spoiler

Methinks the King not only wants gain power of the entire north, but he also wants to Canute his skin flute into Queen Emma's poop chute.  🤣