Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Apparently Volume 3 of Love, Death and Robots is out. Strange, because I saw nothing promoting it or ever saw a release date

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Apparently Volume 3 of Love, Death and Robots is out. Strange, because I saw nothing promoting it or ever saw a release date

I still can’t figure out why I like this series so much. It checks every box for me. 

edit:  Nm. Figured it out.  It’s bc they showed that giant’s phenus that washed up on shore at the end of last season. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The first 2 episodes of season 3 do not disappoint. Absolutely love this series. 

On 5/19/2022 at 12:39 PM, mikemack8 said:

Two episodes into The Lincoln Lawyer so far - really enjoying it 

Just finished the 1st episode. 
image.gif.0d2ed503cebb3d974d0b836a5ef462bd.gif

• Like 1

Volume 3 of Love Death Robots

Spoiler

I didn't like the robot episode. Thought it was lame especially with the Elon mention

Bad Traveling was really good IMO. I was curious what he was going to do. The crab taking hold of the people was gross lol

Pulse of the Machine seemed done before but it was nice. I think she said at least she'll die high. She was tripping big time off that morphine

Night of the Mini Dead was great. That opening scene was hilarious lol

Kill Team Kill was ok. Was pretty brutal and had some funny moments

Swarm was interesting. So the swarm wants him to breed her? How does that work if she's dead. That's crazy how he was basically the traitor of the swarm and she's the one that becomes a zombie for the swarm

Masons Rats was strange. I was like how many damn rats does he have lol

In Vaulted Halls Entombed was brutal. I'm guessing she took out her eyes so she wasn't hypnotized? I guess that one way was the exit because I don't know how she'd get through those bugs if she was blind

Jibaro was interesting. Took me a second to make the ballerina connection. At least that's what it seemed like to me

I think overall this was better than volume 2 but there needs to be more of these in a volume since they're so short

• Like 1

Lincoln Lawyer is a good binge. My only complaint is the one guy looks like Joe Buck too much and it bothers me. 

Started first episode and why did they CGI the basketballs when that dude was shooting them 

The acting is pretty bad, and I’m sure that Mickey Haller is a common name for a Hispanic fella, but overall it’s not bad so far.

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lincoln Lawyer was a good movie so hopefully this is as good. 

If you watched both without knowing the titles, I’m not sure you would think both are somehow related 

15 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If you watched both without knowing the titles, I’m not sure you would think both are somehow related 

Hmmm I would say that they are pretty similar 

Here is the wiki on the movie

Mick Haller (Matthew McConaughey) is a charismatic defense attorney who does business out of his Lincoln Continental sedan. Mick spends most of his time defending petty crooks and other bottom-feeders, so it comes as quite a surprise when he lands the case of a lifetime: defending a Beverly Hills playboy (Ryan Phillippe) who is accused of attempted murder. However, what Mick initially thinks is an open-and-shut case with a big monetary reward develops into something more sinister. 

25 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Hmmm I would say that they are pretty similar 

Here is the wiki on the movie

Mick Haller (Matthew McConaughey) is a charismatic defense attorney who does business out of his Lincoln Continental sedan. Mick spends most of his time defending petty crooks and other bottom-feeders, so it comes as quite a surprise when he lands the case of a lifetime: defending a Beverly Hills playboy (Ryan Phillippe) who is accused of attempted murder. However, what Mick initially thinks is an open-and-shut case with a big monetary reward develops into something more sinister. 

I saw both. Both portrayals of Haller are polar opposite. The main plot of the series is also pretty different.

I liked both, but don't think they are very similar at all. Movie was more of a gritty thriller. Series was much more light hearted and more of a who done it.

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I thought the actor in the Netflix series was pretty good honestly 

Agreed. Seemed weak first episode, but really grew on me. I enjoyed the show. Similarly entertaining as Reacher. 

I watched "American Murder: The Family Next Door" last night. It's good but really disturbing. I followed that case as it was reported on the news. I knew right away that he did it. I'm sure the cops did too, just needed to get the evidence. I have no idea how someone can be pure evil like that. It was tough to get to sleep after watching that one. 

The murdered wife basically lived her life on social media, so that's where most of the footage comes from along with police footage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

I watched "American Murder: The Family Next Door" last night. It's good but really disturbing. I followed that case as it was reported on the news. I knew right away that he did it. I'm sure the cops did too, just needed to get the evidence. I have no idea how someone can be pure evil like that. It was tough to get to sleep after watching that one. 

The murdered wife basically lived her life on social media, so that's where most of the footage comes from along with police footage. 

Spoiler

I watched this when it first came out, and I don't think my wife was even pregnant at the time.  I still get chills when it pops up on my Netflix recommendations.  Now that I have a 10 month old daughter, I don't think there's any way I could get through this one again.  

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:36 AM, Dawkfan said:

This is a fantastic show, can’t believe I hadn’t heard of it before. Tom Hardy is unbelievable in this! For anyone who hasn’t seen this, it’s a must IMO. If you like Peaky Blinders, this should be right up your alley. I believe they have plans in the works for season 2 now. Can’t wait!!! 

It is but they left us hanging for 5 years. Season 2 suppose to be out sometime next year, will have to and gladly rewatch season 1 when it’s almost ready. Really well done

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 11:36 PM, Dawkfan said:

This is a fantastic show, can’t believe I hadn’t heard of it before. Tom Hardy is unbelievable in this! For anyone who hasn’t seen this, it’s a must IMO. If you like Peaky Blinders, this should be right up your alley. I believe they have plans in the works for season 2 now. Can’t wait!!! 

Checking it out now! 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 9:36 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

6hua2g.jpg

seamusgood.png.49ccddc3e98dc63fbb080f9ec1ee2e82.png

image.jpeg.e18328ab6c78e56dd88a2dab31205368.jpeg

Which also makes sense as to why @Seamus McPiPi hasn't been posting enough.  He's been filming!  FYI - this is not my clone, and I've never had a clone.  Although I am strongly thinking about one.  @BFit was peed on in my copy/paste.  

• Haha 4

Top Gun #1 in their top 10!

38 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Top Gun #1 in their top 10!

Wrong thread iron covers. 

• Haha 1

Watched this documentary about a fertility doctor inpregnating his patients with his own sperm. They all went to 23 and me or Ancestry.com and found out they had like 90 half siblings.  It was pretty wild. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

Watched this documentary about a fertility doctor inpregnating his patients with his own sperm. They all went to 23 and me or Ancestry.com and found out they had like 90 half siblings.  It was pretty wild. 

That was one of the creepiest documentaries I’ve ever seen.  Dude just spread his seed whenever he felt like it.  I should stop but I never learn my lesson until I get a slap on the wrist.

• Like 1

We have been watching the Lincoln Lawyer. Pretty good. Its been interesting enough, but just found out about the investors, and what seems to be a trap. Now it seems like it could get intense. Pressure is ratcheted up big time.