Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

4 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

Watching the new Resident Evil series. First episode was good, second episode not as much but they're building up to something so we'll see how it goes. 

I didn't like it much in the first minute.  By the time the 1st monster popped out of the ground I turned it off. Looks and feels very low budget.

Looks horrible. 

• Like 1

The Gray Man

Lots of good action sequences.

Almost like extraction in that there is very little story,  and the gun play and fighting are nearly as good. 

Ana de Armas is in it so that's a bonus. No boobs come out though. 

There could be more of these.  I'd watch the next one. 

On 6/26/2022 at 12:06 PM, mr_hunt said:

aaaaand they immediately go full on woke with a trans...formation. :roll:

Wow, yeah.  First episode and a half i'm thinking good for Page, you're a Fing actor.  But no, it's the character that molds into the actor.  Worst to worst, he immediately changes voice and mannerisms, changing the dynamic of the entire group because there was already a peppy kinda obnoxious skinny dude in 5.  Woke TV is unbearable, reminds me of jingo TV from the 80's.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:17 PM, HazletonEagle said:

The Gray Man

Lots of good action sequences.

Almost like extraction in that there is very little story,  and the gun play and fighting are nearly as good. 

Ana de Armas is in it so that's a bonus. No boobs come out though. 

There could be more of these.  I'd watch the next one. 

It's coming soon enough when that Marilyn Monroe NC-17 rated movie comes out to Netflix.

• Like 1

Ana de Armas is one of those women who is so beautiful it's almost incomprehensible.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

C7709F89-05F0-4AB6-942D-843F21D52615.thumb.jpeg.60db9e93bfd819cd4c08086f53094e63.jpeg

This is from his Netflix special Live at Red Rocks

It’s so refreshing to watch someone get cheered for saying everything that goes on inside my head. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

It’s so refreshing to watch someone get cheered for saying everything that goes on inside my head. 

That was awesome. 

• Like 2

Enjoyed this movie, but also laughed a few times as this guy picked it apart. Dont watch the video if you plan to watch the movie- will spoil the whole thing.

The Gray Man was a good time. The fight at the end was stupid, just shoot the f’er and beat feet but, whatever. Still one of the better straight to Netflix movies.

I watched the Shania Twain thing, and Just Keep Breathing (limited series).  Meh.  They were OK.  Something new to watch.  Glad it's a new month maybe I can find something else.

Started watching the Woodstock 99 doc on Netflix last night - lot's of the same from the HBO doc.  It was hot, the bathrooms were gross, people were naked, food and water was ridiculously expensive.  Oh and blaming the bands for, uh, putting on good shows and getting the crowd amped up.  :lol: 

On 7/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, The_Omega said:

The Gray Man was a good time. The fight at the end was stupid, just shoot the f’er and beat feet but, whatever. Still one of the better straight to Netflix movies.

Gardner Minshew made an awesome bad guy

The 3 part documentary on woodstock 99 was good and worth a watch. However, they left a huge chunk out (I was there)

Spoiler

The riots didn't start on Sunday as the doc portrayed. They showed Kid Rock and Limp Bizcut firing up the crowd on Saturday night and then the doc immediately goes to Sunday. What they didn't show is that after Kid Rock, Rage Against the Machine (who burned an American flag on stage because they're a-holes) whipped the crowd into a riotous frenzy, and then Metallica headlined. Fires were raging all through the Metallica set and things were completely out of control. Rioting and looting were happening throughout the night. We went back to our tent and slept for a few hours. We woke up around 7am and people were still rioting and starting to destroy the place. Our thinking was if things are this crazy at 7am this thing is a powder keg and I don't want to be here tonight when it explodes. Giving a crowd that had already been rioting for 24 hours 100k candles has to be one of the dumbest decisions in the history of event planning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

The 3 part documentary on woodstock 99 was good and worth a watch. However, they left a huge chunk out (I was there)

Reveal hidden contents

The riots didn't start on Sunday as the doc portrayed. They showed Kid Rock and Limp Bizcut firing up the crowd on Saturday night and then the doc immediately goes to Sunday. What they didn't show is that after Kid Rock, Rage Against the Machine (who burned an American flag on stage because they're a-holes) whipped the crowd into a riotous frenzy, and then Metallica headlined. Fires were raging all through the Metallica set and things were completely out of control. Rioting and looting were happening throughout the night. We went back to our tent and slept for a few hours. We woke up around 7am and people were still rioting and starting to destroy the place. Our thinking was if things are this crazy at 7am this thing is a powder keg and I don't want to be here tonight when it explodes. Giving a crowd that had already been rioting for 24 hours 100k candles has to be one of the dumbest decisions in the history of event planning.

I watched both this doc and also the HBO doc on this from last year - both focused heavily on Limp Bizkit, the lack of clean water/high prices of everything, and the way women were (poorly) treated.  One takeaway from both for me is that John Scher is a giant a-hole

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I watched both this doc and also the HBO doc on this from last year - both focused heavily on Limp Bizkit, the lack of clean water/high prices of everything, and the way women were (poorly) treated.  One takeaway from both for me is that John Scher is a giant a-hole

Yeah I'm not sure why there was so much emphasis on Limp Bizkit. Things weren't that bad or out of control when they played. Both Wycleff and Kid Rock were worse when they actually told people to throw water bottles (I got hit in the head with a half full jug of water, but I was actually more happy to get the water than I was bent out of shape for getting hit in the head).

Scher is a total a hole and was definitely one of the primary reasons it was more just a giant money grab than actually trying to put on an event that made it worth what people were paying. By Saturday night we couldn't get our water jugs filled so I ended up paying $8 for a bottle of water. That would be crazy now, but in 1999 it was flat out robbery. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yeah I'm not sure why there was so much emphasis on Limp Bizkit. Things weren't that bad or out of control when they played. Both Wycleff and Kid Rock were worse when they actually told people to throw water bottles (I got hit in the head with a half full jug of water, but I was actually more happy to get the water than I was bent out of shape for getting hit in the head).

Scher is a total a hole and was definitely one of the primary reasons it was more just a giant money grab than actually trying to put on an event that made it worth what people were paying. By Saturday night we couldn't get our water jugs filled so I ended up paying $8 for a bottle of water. That would be crazy now, but in 1999 it was flat out robbery. 

The whole thing is fascinating to me because if you just focus on the music, and what the artists say, it was an amazing event.  Some of those acts put on the show of their lives, but all anyone talks about is the riots, etc.  

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

The whole thing is fascinating to me because if you just focus on the music, and what the artists say, it was an amazing event.  Some of those acts put on the show of their lives, but all anyone talks about is the riots, etc.  

The music was good. I've seen Metallica several times and that was the best I had ever seen them. It seemed like most of the artists stepped their games up because the crowd was so huge. Even seeing James Brown was cool. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

Hide contents

I was surprised they didn't mention DMX. I've seen the videos and the way he controlled the crowd of a bunch of rock and metal heads was inane

• Like 1

Not sure if it’s mentioned here, but a buddy told me about I Think You Should Leave.  A sketch comedy show with two seasons on Netflix.  It’s hilarious.

Watched Purple Hearts the other day. 

It's a chick flick, but military leaving and coming home gets me every time. Can't say I didn't tear up a time or two.

Decent story intertwined.

Sofia Carson is pretty hot, and her voice will win you over when she sings to the guys on base. The original songs in the movie help tell the story and I annoyingly can't get Come back Home out of my head. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Watched Purple Hearts the other day. 

It's a chick flick, but military leaving and coming home gets me every time. Can't say I didn't tear up a time or two.

Decent story intertwined.

Sofia Carson is pretty hot, and her voice will win you over when she sings to the guys on base. The original songs in the movie help tell the story and I annoyingly can't get Come back Home out of my head. 

Spoiler

I didn't know they keep the medals if they've been dishonorably discharged

I liked it overall though. And she has a great voice

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

I didn't know they keep the medals if they've been dishonorably discharged

I liked it overall though. And she has a great voice

I didn't know that either. 

Anyone watch "The Sandman"? Had a friend tell me it was great but it's one of those friends whose recommendations are hit or miss at best.