Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 6/23/2023 at 8:47 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Yep. 

I will say,  I've seen a lot of people saying the second was better. 

I think I still like the 1st better. 

The entire movie was insane. It’s like Netflix’s version of John Wick 4. Loved every minute of it. My wife hates violence and action and she was glued the entire time. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The entire movie was insane. It’s like Netflix’s version of John Wick 4. Loved every minute of it. My wife hates violence and action and she was glued the entire time. 

I’m sure it wasn’t Thor that she was glued to.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I’m sure it wasn’t Thor that she was glued to.

As I was typing I knew some knob would respond with that.  Didn’t think it would be that quick.  Well done 👍 

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, hputenis said:

As I was typing I knew some knob would respond with that.  Didn’t think it would be that quick.  Well done 👍 

That's what she said!

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2023 at 8:38 PM, hputenis said:

These movies are like blending John Wick style with Rambo or Commando in the 80s.  The director was interviewed and asked what movie would you like to see Tyler Rake dropped into and he said Commando.

Both movies have one sequence where they make it appear it's one continual shot.  They use different camera and editing tricks to give the appearance and shoot it all over 4-5 months and have to pay careful attention to detail so they can match it all up in editing.  It was noticeable in part 1 but in part 2 that scene had so much happening it was interesting to see how they had to put all that together to make it look like one take.  

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2023/06/extraction-2-one-shot-experience/

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 2:15 PM, The_Omega said:

FUBAR - ;)  True Lies meets Meet the Parents meets She's Outta My League.  Shamelessly derivative yet a fairly breezy time waster. 

Watched first 2 episodes of FUBAR...  So far, meh.  Will admit that its a bit of a gear shift after going thru The Diplomat and The Recruit prior so that might be influencing things.  

16 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

Watched first 2 episodes of FUBAR...  So far, meh.  Will admit that its a bit of a gear shift after going thru The Diplomat and The Recruit prior so that might be influencing things.  

It's silly at times but it's entertaining enough - worth a watch IMO

• Like 1

Finally watched Extraction 2. It had some nice action but the story was crap. I liked the first one a lot more

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Finally watched Extraction 2. It had some nice action but the story was crap. I liked the first one a lot more

I did too. It had less of a story, but I enjoyed the action sequences better. I liked the gun choreo and hand to hand in that one. 2 had a lot more bigger things like helicopters and explosions n stuff, but I dont think that made it better. It was kinda nice to get a little more story in, but... the action in part 1 was so good it didnt need much story at all.

Im on ep.1 of Witcher season 3. Its excellent so far. I think Im going to like this much more than season 2 which felt like a whole season of filler.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im on ep.1 of Witcher season 3. Its excellent so far. I think Im going to like this much more than season 2 which felt like a whole season of filler.

I watched as well, but I still have trouble remembering who most of these people are and what they're all fighting for :lol: I guess they all want Ciri because of her immense power?  

18 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I watched as well, but I still have trouble remembering who most of these people are and what they're all fighting for :lol: I guess they all want Ciri because of her immense power?  

Same. I was thinking way too many people.  I'm just going to watch for the action and I think knowing he is protecting siri and Yen wants the D is all you really need to know in the story. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Same. I was thinking way too many people.  I'm just going to watch for the action and I think knowing he is protecting siri and Yen wants the D is all you really need to know in the story. 

Yeah - it helps to read the recaps from various websites too.  I had forgotten that Yen almost sacrificed Siri so she could get her magic back, which is why Geralt is cold towards her.  But yeah - he needs to get over it so we can some more of them sweet tiddies 

5 episodes, no Yen boobs. Still no clue whats going on. Still interesting. Now we wait for July 27th.

On 6/30/2023 at 8:35 AM, mikemack8 said:

Yeah the politics angle has way too many moving parts and side villains and has always been the weak link of the show.  But the core gang and the monsters and swordplay are top notch as always.  The firefinger mage and the new drunk prince dude are also nifty characters.  The elf plot has been mediocre for much of the show but finally looks to cash in and pay off.

• Like 1

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah the politics angle has way too many moving parts and side villains and has always been the weak link of the show.  But the core gang and the monsters and swordplay are top notch as always.

I don't expect anymore Yen boobs until next season when Cavill is gone and they get desperate to keep us watching.  But they always manage to get some nice boobs in.

46 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I don't expect anymore Yen boobs until next season when Cavill is gone and they get desperate to keep us watching.  But they always manage to get some nice boobs in.

We very nearly had manlady boobs in one scene this season.  Saw a lot of his/her side boob through the loose shirt sleeve.  Kinda gross.

We didn't even get monster boobs this season. 

There's still time for Yen to free the puppies in the second part of this season.  They look fully back in love. 

• Haha 1

Yen’s b00bs weren’t in season 2 either. Pretty sure she’s done showing them in The Witcher.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:41 PM, HazletonEagle said:

We very nearly had manlady boobs in one scene this season.  Saw a lot of his/her side boob through the loose shirt sleeve.  Kinda gross.

We didn't even get monster boobs this season. 

There's still time for Yen to free the puppies in the second part of this season.  They look fully back in love. 

There will be boobs in 2nd half.  It's part of the Frazetta aesthetic and adult fantasy formula.

Season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer is out. We’ll get to it before too long 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 9:17 AM, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - it helps to read the recaps from various websites too.  I had forgotten that Yen almost sacrificed Siri so she could get her magic back, which is why Geralt is cold towards her.  But yeah - he needs to get over it so we can some more of them sweet tiddies 

I made the mistake of not rewatching Season 2, but I don’t have the time. They can’t go this long in between a violent fantasy genre series and expect people to follow every character.  Where did these ‘ukn elves come from?  Did they just appear from Lord of the Rings?  Also, that monster that Geralt crunched in Episode 2 of season 3 probably gave great head. 👀

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer is out. We’ll get to it before too long 

startiing it now

Finished the first half of the Witcher - episode 5 was strong.  Had to chuckle at the fact that they made Jaskier goth and turned him Bi this season.

Through a few episodes of The Lincoln Lawyer as well and loving it so far.  

• Like 2

Finished Lincoln Lawyer already, didn't realize they split it up into two parts.

It's good, but I think the first season was better right now. Looks like Part 2 is going to pickup though. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 3:46 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Finished Lincoln Lawyer already, didn't realize they split it up into two parts.

It's good, but I think the first season was better right now. Looks like Part 2 is going to pickup though. 

Season 1 of LL was maybe a little better on developing a story. 

They packed more in to season 2 starting with that crazy guy who I figured would be the main adversary all season long.  Made quick work of him and moved on to the restaurant. Not sure why...

It's a good story but don't know why they didn't just choose one and draw it out all season again. 

I'm thinking maybe somehow that guy will be heard from again,  otherwise those 2 episodes were kind of a waste. 

But still very good. 

• Like 1