GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-16-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, Cheesteakitis said:

sanders is a player i would try to trade i’m not a fan of his at all

Sanders is a really really good player but I think you get what you can for him. He's had injury issues throughout his 3 years and I think we have Gainwell who I think offers more to this offense. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who thinks Wilson or Watson is magically fixing this team is kidding themselves, we're more than a QB away and trading all our cap space and draft capital for one is dumb as crap.

Just now, mihailo said:

Shame this draft stinks for QB.

We won't be drafting a QB. That was never the plan.

Just now, xstonr said:

With Reager gone we will be better by subtraction

Reagor better be gone

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It’s clear this team lacks a heap load of talent. Like I mentioned before use those picks to build this roster up. Move back in the draft if you can to try and pick up some extra picks for 2023. Let Minshew and Hurts battle it out for 2022. It’s the smart thing to do.

Hopefully he curb stomps him. (Figuratively speaking ofc).

I honestly do not want to sit through another season of Jalen Hurts. I know we seriously need an infusion of talent on defense, at every level, but I almost want them to take a chance on a QB in this weak draft.

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I mean you should be a sportsman because now it’ll be talked about non stop because it’s Philly. But I can certainly get it. I mean they were still throwing it. Why? Just run it and chew the clock.

Yeah I mean I don't agree with Sirianni if that is what he did. He should shake the hand of the opponents HC.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It’s clear this team lacks a heap load of talent. Like I mentioned before use those picks to build this roster up. Move back in the draft if you can to try and pick up some extra picks for 2023. Let Minshew and Hurts battle it out for 2022. It’s the smart thing to do.

Not gonna happen, and I think you know that.

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think McLeod and Edwards are serviceable but McLeod is getting older and Edwards is surrounded by the worst starting linebackers in the NFL.

This team needs so much help. 

Just now, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Anyone who thinks Wilson or Watson is magically fixing this team is kidding themselves, we're more than a QB away and trading all our cap space and draft capital for one is dumb as crap.

Yup. They need defense. And not just 1 guy. If they trade for a qb and roll out this d they will regress.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

A 16 point loss looks a lot better than the 31+ we were looking at. So I'll take it.

At 31-0, I just wanted to avoid a shutout.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

A 16 point loss looks a lot better than the 31+ we were looking at. So I'll take it.

bUtz iTZ gARbaGEZ TiMez sTatZ

When was this gsme ever in doubt? Jimmie Johnson you’re a moron. We all knew after that bs roughing the passer how the day was going.

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Yup. They need defense. And not just 1 guy. If they trade for a qb and roll out this d they will regress.

Agreed. The offense isn't that great either. I mean I'm not sure Kelce is back? Lane is getting older. So there's a real issue on offense too. A QB doesn't change this teams fortunes.

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

He will. He accumulated those picks for a reason.

QB FactoryyzzzZZz

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Not gonna happen, and I think you know that.

You never know. All I know is this team isn’t a quarterback away. The Jalen’s killed the Eagles today, but this team needs help everywhere.

This doesn't sting like other playoff losses - I think in part because it was over so soon but also because we knew this wasn't really a playoff team.  Siri proved year one that he can coach - the jury is still out on Gannon but at least they competed today.  I think Hurts is at the very least a high-end backup in this league but I get the feeling the organization wants more.  Hopefully the Cox/Kelce/Graham/Brooks/Lane core can give us one or two more runs.

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

I honestly do not want to sit through another season of Jalen Hurts. I know we seriously need an infusion of talent on defense, at every level, but I almost want them to take a chance on a QB in this weak draft.

If they took Pickett without moving up, I wouldn't be disgusted by it. I would prefer they get the 3 best players they can get at positions of need, but not reach for a QB just for the sake of it. But, if they use multiple picks for a QB, it will be a bad move...even for Russell Wilson.  And, there's no way  Rodgers would want to play in Philly with a Hollywood girlfriend. Not happening. Even Wilson wouldn't want to come here.

Top actions I want to see:

1. Fire Gannon.

2. Cut Reagor.

3. Trade Sanders.

4. Bring in competition for Hurts and make it a real competition.

5. Get another WR.

6. Focus on D talent.

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm guessing that Nick eventually found him. I doubt Nick would pull a Brady.  

Dude went for it on 4th down after leaving Brady in the whole game. Disrespect earns disrespect. 

2 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I wouldn't really look forward to a team where their only hope is getting into a shootout every game. Then if you miss it's disasterous.

Brady - "ehh, I wanted to pile on a TD or more. Their fans suck and are upset about a handshake with some backup."

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. The offense isn't that great either. I mean I'm not sure Kelce is back? Lane is getting older. So there's a real issue on offense too. A QB doesn't change this teams fortunes.

Yup. Need 4 or 5 guys not 1. If they were the talent of say they 49ers or Vikings they might be a qb away. But this team still needs to much that trading for an aging qb would set this team back even more.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

You never know. All I know is this team isn’t a quarterback away. The Jalen’s killed the Eagles today, but this team needs help everywhere.

Howie accumulated those picks for a QB, Hurts proved today we need one more than ever.

There is an inevitability here.

Archived