GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-16-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Losing another season to Jalen Hurts sounds awful.  Please, Howie, get us a real QB.

We will, that was the plan all along unless Hurts could change it. He didn't.

1 minute ago, 700Level4Life said:

There it is...Wentz apologists...😂🤣😂🤣

Dude can't even not crap the bed against the worst team in the league with a playoff spot on the line. Next....

Losing another season to Jalen Hurts sounds awful.  Please, Howie, get us a real QB.

Going and getting a QB isn't going to change anything. Look Hurts isn't the answer he showed that today but a QB is not turning this team around. Certainly not a team who may lose key players this off season. 

1 minute ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Yup so that means keep the picks, draft d, and another receiver. And roll with what you got at qb next year. Maybe start Minshew and keep hurts as the backup?

Preferably draft heavy D, QB competition for next year and hopefully pick up a #2 WR in FA. There's a lot of missing pieces.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He needs to be given a few more seasons, this was his rookie year :ph34r:

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Who. The people who say this never say who they are going to REALISTICALLY get.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Going and getting a QB isn't going to change anything. Look Hurts isn't the answer he showed that today but a QB is not turning this team around. Certainly not a team who may lose key players this off season. 

We know for sure Hurts is not the answer, it's time to find out if a real one is.

Amazing how turnovers and penalties took away every bit of momentum they ever had or had a chance at. The early bs penalty, the muffed Reagor punt, the Hurts int in the end zone. It was always something.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

He will this time.

I highly doubt it, and this would be the worst time to do it, because the Eagles aren’t that good. 

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

If they took Pickett without moving up, I wouldn't be disgusted by it. I would prefer they get the 3 best players they can get at positions of need, but not reach for a QB just for the sake of it. But, if they use multiple picks for a QB, it will be a bad move...even for Russell Wilson.  And, there's no way  Rodgers would want to play in Philly with a Hollywood girlfriend. Not happening. Even Wilson wouldn't want to come here.

Agreed. Wilson or ARod only make sense if we had a championship caliber defense and offensive weapons ready to win a SB and clearly we don't have any of that. 

19 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

One of the most disappointing and infuriating seasons in a while. 

Huh? Nobody expected us to even make the playoffs. Are you stuck in 2020 with Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz?

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

We know for sure Hurts is not the answer, it's time to find out if a real one is.

I don't disagree but this roster has too many issues to go spunk a number of picks on a QB.

6 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Yep. It's the Wentz apologists who want to see Hurts fail and are desperate to spin things as if everything is all his fault. Furthermore, they aren't getting Rodgers or Wilson to agree to come here so unless they are delusional enough to believe that a rookie in a garbage QB class is going to make this team instantly better Hurts gets at least one more year.

How about both Wentz and Hurts suck bowls? :whistle:

2 minutes ago, mihailo said:

He needs to be given a few more seasons, this was his rookie year :ph34r:

He had his shot, time to move on with Plan A.

I say. Go with Minshew next year.. Save one first-round pick for 2023 and use the other draft capital to draft defensive players. Use 2023 two first round picks to draft a new qb.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't disagree but this roster has too many issues to go spunk a number of picks on a QB.

Those issues will not be solved with Howie's drafting.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

F that.  One guy isn't the instant fix,, but just choosing to lose behind that guy says all the wrong things.  He can get a QB and still keep the picks OR he can package the picks.  I guarantee you that they are not satisfied with a guy who only beats bad teams. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s clear this team lacks a heap load of talent. Like I mentioned before use those picks to build this roster up. Move back in the draft if you can to try and pick up some extra picks for 2023. Let Minshew and Hurts battle it out for 2022. It’s the smart thing to do.

I agree. We are far from a QB away from turning this team around. Anyone who thinks QB is top priority please tell me who that QB would be.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Those issues will not be solved with Howie's drafting.

Again I don't disagree with that either. But you've got to try and add young talent to this roster. 

F that.  One guy isn't the instant fix,, but just choosing to lose behind that guy says all the wrong things.  He can get a QB and still keep the picks OR he can package the picks.  I guarantee you that they are not satisfied with a guy who only beats bad teams. 

Hurts is holding back the development of our key young guys. He cannot be the starter next year, it would be NFL malpractice.

20 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If anyone here has a plan that requires Hurts to be the starter in 2022.

Scrap your plan, better yet kill it with fire.

200.gif

Archived