EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Local visit, no cost against the 30.  That time at the Combine worries me as I am not convinced he has enough burst to play SAM, which would seem to be his position with the Eagles.  

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:
#Capisnotreal

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

Rams pushing everything into their window.

Just keep Mathieu away from New Orleans.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How on earth can they afford this?

Rams currently have 7.1 million in cap space.  They also do not have to allocate cap money to a 1st or 2nd round pick this year.

They have 13 million in dead cap, the Eagles have 36 million in dead cap.

Rams highest cap hits

Donald - 26.7 million ( best defensive player in the NFL )

Ramsey - 23.2 million ( top 5 CB in the NFL )

Kupp - 18 million ( one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL )

Stafford - 13.5 million ( arguably the best QB in the NFC )

Havenstein - 9.5 million ( top 10 tackle in the NFC ?? )

Eagles highest cap hits

Hargrave - 17.8 million ( not sure where you rank him )

Johnson - 15.7 million ( best RT in football, but older and decline is coming )

Cox - 14.9 million ( not sure where you rank him, obviously declining )

Slay - 9.7 million ( top 5 CB in the NFC )

Graham - 9.4 million ( older DE coming off injury )

So for the cap dollars, Rams are getting major impact from their top 5 players.

Eagles have 32.7 million at DT, and are not getting half the production the Rams are getting from 1 guy with a 26.7 million cap hit.

We could also be spending some of that 36 million dead on impact players, like the top safeties in free agency this year.

Summary, the Rams GM is far superior to Howie Roseman.

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It was a mock draft. If I got all of them correct I wouldnt be sitting with you idiots on here

And yes, YOU made a bet. Not me. why would I agree to that. 

I bet you 3.2 million dollars you were on an eagles message board. Not gonna take that bet are you Pu$$y

Dumb response.

You said the mock draft was "realistic" and not a hot take.  I proposed a bet that he would be gone before your "realistic" mock draft.  You tried to move the number 31 spots.

So your mock was not "realistic", it was a hot take, the thing you are famous for.

38 minutes ago, austinfan said:

So you would have passed on Brady, Brees, Rodgers, coming out of college. b/c they didn't fit that description at all.

LOL I'd sooner take a risk on someone who has pocket passing ability over a run first athletic QB.  Name one run first athletic QB that WON a SB?   

(Differnce between a run first QB and a pocket pasisng QB who can run) Running is a bonus, it CANNOT be the first priority in the NFL at QB. 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Rams currently have 7.1 million in cap space.  They also do not have to allocate cap money to a 1st or 2nd round pick this year.

They have 13 million in dead cap, the Eagles have 36 million in dead cap.

Rams highest cap hits

Donald - 26.7 million ( best defensive player in the NFL )

Ramsey - 23.2 million ( top 5 CB in the NFL )

Kupp - 18 million ( one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL )

Stafford - 13.5 million ( arguably the best QB in the NFC )

Havenstein - 9.5 million ( top 10 tackle in the NFC ?? )

Eagles highest cap hits

Hargrave - 17.8 million ( not sure where you rank him )

Johnson - 15.7 million ( best RT in football, but older and decline is coming )

Cox - 14.9 million ( not sure where you rank him, obviously declining )

Slay - 9.7 million ( top 5 CB in the NFC )

Graham - 9.4 million ( older DE coming off injury )

So for the cap dollars, Rams are getting major impact from their top 5 players.

Eagles have 32.7 million at DT, and are not getting half the production the Rams are getting from 1 guy with a 26.7 million cap hit.

We could also be spending some of that 36 million dead on impact players, like the top safeties in free agency this year.

Summary, the Rams GM is far superior to Howie Roseman.

Man, you really are one of the least intelligent people out there.  You never shut up about Howie's backloading and dead money and then present Stafford making $13.5 million as some meaningful indication that Snead is better than Roseman.  Of course, the only reason Stafford is only making that amount this year is because Snead is doing exactly what you always criticize Roseman for doing.  

Either you just like to intentionally misrepresent or just really cannot understand why your points of comparison are silly.  Like perhaps it would be more reasonable to address the fact that Stafford's contract which you use as proof of Snead's superiority is great this year.  It's great next year.  In 2024 when Stafford is 36 and has a cap hit of $49.5 million with $36 million dead, looks a little different right?  

34 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How on earth can they afford this?

Same way the Saints can go from -80 million in cap space to double digit positive without losing a single player: Cap space is fake news.

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Last week people talked about concerns over Boye Mafe getting his sacks out of a two-point stance. Ledyard’s rankings mentioned Mafe getting two sacks at the Senior Bowl. Turns out both of them were from a three-point stance, beating the LT around the edge both times. I think that concern is overblown. 

I'd be ok with him or Ebiketie as a trade back round 1 option. I think all the top DE's are gone by 15 except for possibly George whom I do not want. 

52 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

#Capisnotreal

They know how to build a defense and an offense that's for sure. I don't see this regime being in the same neighborhood as the Rams with roster building, especially on defense. 

5 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Man, you really are one of the least intelligent people out there.  You never shut up about Howie's backloading and dead money and then present Stafford making $13.5 million as some meaningful indication that Snead is better than Roseman.  Of course, the only reason Stafford is only making that amount this year is because Snead is doing exactly what you always criticize Roseman for doing.  

Either you just like to intentionally misrepresent or just really cannot understand why your points of comparison are silly.  Like perhaps it would be more reasonable to address the fact that Stafford's contract which you use as proof of Snead's superiority is great this year.  It's great next year.  In 2024 when Stafford is 36 and has a cap hit of $49.5 million with $36 million dead, looks a little different right?  

What did I misrepresent ??

The Rams are able to pay players this year, and next year because they have minimal dead money this year, and no dead money next year.   Eagles already have 15.3 dead next year, Rams have zero.

And seeing as you brought up 2024, the Rams have 60.9 million in cap room currently, with 16 players under contract.

Eagles have 57.8 million in 2024 cap room, with 17 players under contract.

So the Eagles and Rams are currently in the same cap situation for 2024.  The difference, the Rams have Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, Matt Stafford, Leonard Floyd, Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner under contract.  The Eagles have Lane Johnson, Devonta Smith, Jordan Mailata, Haason Reddick, Dallas Goedert and Josh Sweat.  Rams are going to get way more bang for their buck already spent than the Eagles.

The Rams also have flexibility to do something with the Stafford deal.  The Rams are in a far superior situation to the Eagles, and are maximizing the Super Bowl window.  If they win one more the next 3 years, Les Snead is absolutely destroying Howie Roseman.

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I know it's fantasy, but I'd love to end up with Stingley or Gardner. This defense would be light years better if we could get a shutdown corner.

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Nailed it

Did you find a friend ??  And talk about the pot calling the kettle black, all you do is misrepresent.

I believe I offered to split the difference with you on that bet, you had 51, I said no way he makes it out of the top 20, so 35 would be the number and you would not take that.

So once again, avatar bet, Andrew Booth does not make it out of the first round, I am giving you 19 spots back from your "realistic" 51st draft slot in your mock.

9 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Same way the Saints can go from -80 million in cap space to double digit positive without losing a single player: Cap space is fake news.

I suspect the Saints just took out their 1st mortgage and a big one, while we have been leveraged to the hilt and at the worst time due to the stagnant cap.

22 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

You* proposed a bet. I didnt agree to it

I proposed a bet, you didnt agree to it. 

Seems fairly simple. 

But to think a guy may slip into the 2nd round is "outrageous" or crazy isnt  a hot take. Usually happens every year. 

So you had a mock with Booth going at 51. Most people figure he's a first round pick and would never last that long, hence the germination of the bet. 

When @downundermike challenged you on this, you decided to make a bet that he wouldn't get past pick 20. And now you say it's not crazy to say he'd slip into the 2nd round. So then, if that's how you feel, why wouldn't you offer a bet that Booth is drafted after pick 32? Why pick 20? 

6 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

No shirt but a beanie is an Interesting work out choice...🤔

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I like corral, his smaller frame and I jury history is a bit of a worry but he's got a really quick release and good arm.

I think he's been too much of a one read and take off QB in college but I think he unlike the eagles current one read take off QB, Corral has the requisite arm strength and tools to make it in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

No shirt but a beanie is an Interesting work out choice...🤔

Please only rate workouts on a Swag Scale. 1 being pre-draft, 2000 Tom Brady, 10 being King of Swag Jalen Hurts

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Do we have a full list of top 30 visits yet ??

Seems like there are a couple players we have to trade up for, a couple QB's who would be a available at 15, 18, and multiple second and third round prospects.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

Man brought a knife to a gun fight....and won....that's Jalen Hurts level swag right there. Though if the guy moved to the left, Hurts would of course miss him. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Is ESP really that dumb?  (Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to.) Eagles have long used some Top 30 visits as smokescreens or to scope,out a player they may face or may later have an interest in.  

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

I'm not gonna die on a Carson Strong hill but I think we put too much emphasizes on mobility. Tom Brady does just fine. 

I think of all the QB's in the draft, Strong has the highest ceiling and the biggest risk/reward. 

Strong would do just fine year 1 in an offense like the Patriots had for Mac Jones. Run Heavy. Basic reads. nothing crazy.

Anyone know of a run heavy steam with an offensive minded coach that can get the ball out quick................

My dream world. Trade hurts for a 3rd. Take our 3rd and the newly acquired 3rd. Move up to the 2nd and take Strong. 

Let Minshew start and have Strong battle for the starting spot. 

The knock on strong isn't just his knee condition.  What makes Brady elite is his understanding of the game and ability to read defenses.  Brady knows where he is throwing the ball pre-snap or just after.  He knows what the best match up is to attack the coverage. Strong isn't executing that kind of offense in Nevada. Strong was not in a system that required him to do much in the way of reading coverages. He was in an air raid system and it's not a complex offensive scheme.  It's not what Sirianni would like to run in Philly.  Some of the concern about Strong is that he locks on targets and relies too much on his arm strength to make throws.  He takes too many sacks because he locks in and doesn't progress through his reads.  He does have a strong arm and he is accurate but that doesn't make him any better than Hurts if he locks in on his one read but then can't avoid a sack.  It's worse.  

Just now, BigEFly said:

Is ESP really that dumb?  (Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to.) Eagles have long used some Top 30 visits as smokescreens or to scope,out a player they may face or may later have an interest in.  

Yes. The answer is always yes.

Archived