EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

53 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Kind of a shame.  Some of these throws are wow.  

Maybe, that 2017 season he made some unreal plays, he was on time and accurate and always had the big arm and even 2019 he carried that team to the playoffs then it all went to 💩

Too bad, hopefully eagles can soon find a capable QB who can play at an MVP level and compete for championships, hurts in my opinion isn't that guy 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Brandin Cooks is a poor mans Desaun Jackson making way too much money that can be had much much cheaper.

His cap is 16 Million dollars next year. Zero chance Cooks is 15.2 million dollars better than Quez watkins.

Side note, we still dont have a QB to give the ball to a 16 Million dollar WR

Yup.

Didn't realize Cooks was making so much, would explain why teams are always ditching him.

And yes bringing in high priced WRs for a QB that can't get them the ball isn't a good formula for success.

22 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Not sure why teams are always so eager to get rid of him, as the stats show he's been a productive guy throughout his career 🤷‍♂️

Cooks is essentially a guaranteed 1000 yard guy. Concussion history though.

40 minutes ago, greend said:

Oh and while we're at it. Someone explain to me why when you draft a guy right where he falls according to their board on these draft games they give you a B or worse? If you didn't think they should have been drafted there wth did you put them there?

Algorithm also based around team needs.

41 minutes ago, Utebird said:

It's tough to come up with a comp for Jordan Davis because there's to my knowledge not any guys his size that move like him.

Size wise John Henderson, Marcus stroud, As mentioned Ngata, maybe Ted Washington, others not as well established guys like Terrdell sands at 6'7"

But none of those guys moved the way Davis did.

If Davis is there at eagles 1st pick I wouldn't take a nano second of hesitation to pick him.

I think he's a guy one can build a defense around.

Build from inside out start with the middle.

Unless one is a fan of a JJ defense where he believed in prioritizing the edges, DE and Corner.

As mentioned earlier, Dontari Poe.

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Brandin Cooks is a poor mans Desaun Jackson making way too much money that can be had much much cheaper.

His cap is 16 Million dollars next year. Zero chance Cooks is 15.2 million dollars better than Quez watkins.

Side note, we still dont have a QB to give the ball to a 16 Million dollar WR

They are both just going to sit 30 yards downfield as they watch Hurts juke guys 3 yards beyond the LOS.  Even Greg Ward can do that as well as Cooks.

2 hours ago, RLC said:

Would not dislike London & McDuffie, but there are people here that hate the Pac-12 and would be furious.

Yeah I'm not crazy about it. 

TL/DR:

$1.5M base. $12.5M bonus. $4M cap hit for 2022

$1M pro-bowl incentive

Jason Kelce like poison pill next year

Probably a Post June 1st cut next year leaving $2.5M dead in 2023 and $7.5M dead in 2024. This in addition to whatever dead money from the first cut. 

Have about $15M cap space left right now.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

That’s what she said. 

We can't lose Weidl. Next thing you know one of the analytical guys will be taking over for him. That would be three big player evaluators we lost in the same damn year. 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

They gave me a d- for making the best pick in the draft.

I also like 2 rbs later.  In 2023, we’ll lose our 2 most frequently used RBs on the team in Hurts and Sanders.  May need 2 guys in the rotation to bolster Gainwell.

It's PFF... they have weird algorithms that no one understands, seemingly, including them.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Cooks is essentially a guaranteed 1000 yard guy. Concussion history though.

Algorithm also based around team needs.

As mentioned earlier, Dontari Poe.

Poe for me isn't really an accurate comp as Davis is 3 inches taller with bigger hands longer arms and of course a lot better testing scores.

The other guys I mentioned were all 6'5" or taller and 325 pounds or more.

Like I said I can't think of one guy his size, Height, Weight,that move like him.

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Didn’t he and Michael Thomas have beef with each other when he was dealt to New England? That would be fun for the saints lol 

Yeah, no interest in Cooks. 

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's PFF... they have weird algorithms that no one understands, seemingly, including them.

Want some fun? Turn random all the way up, draft for needs all the way down and let the hilarity ensue:

image.thumb.png.91e44d91cf0f868fa6847c670279c7bd.png

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Want some fun? Turn random all the way up, draft for needs all the way down and let the hilarity ensue:

Lol that was fun!

image.thumb.png.77a368faefc3aecda338b56be589f3ee.png

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Lol that was fun!

-10 Howie's

14 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

We can't lose Weidl. Next thing you know one of the analytical guys will be taking over for him. That would be three big player evaluators we lost in the same damn year. 

replace him with brandon hunt from the steelers and give him VP role under howie . guy knows how to evaluate talent

Why do people still talk about Carson Wentz & his potential? He is what he is. He is a journeyman starting QB at this point who is close to 30 yrs old. Can't believe that he's conned another team into giving him 30 something million a year, based on a good year, 5 years ago, LOL. If Franch Reich with a good running game couldn't fix him, Washington would be the last team on the planet to remedy that deal. I look forward to beating him twice a year, while he plays Hero Ball! Got a 10 cent brain and happy to have Jalen, who may not have the same skill set, but works at his craft and has more upside at this point.

21 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I went even crazier. All public, no care for positional value, no draft for needs, extreme randomness

image.thumb.png.c46bb857feab61902d433df7a3111ef9.png

Fixed the Eagles

7 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

Why do people still talk about Carson Wentz & his potential? He is what he is. He is a journeyman starting QB at this point who is close to 30 yrs old. Can't believe that he's conned another team into giving him 30 something million a year, based on a good year, 5 years ago, LOL. If Franch Reich with a good running game couldn't fix him, Washington would be the last team on the planet to remedy that deal. I look forward to beating him twice a year, while he plays Hero Ball! Got a 10 cent brain and happy to have Jalen, who may not have the same skill set, but works at his craft and has more upside at this point.

Who is talking about him?

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Lol that was fun!

giphy-downsized.gif

🤣 We will talk at the EOY. I rather pay Jalen $2M on a year for his leadership &  potential than $35M for a dead man walking like Wentz.

5 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

🤣 We will talk at the EOY. I rather pay Jalen $2M on a year for his leadership &  potential than $35M for a dead man walking like Wentz.

Brace yourself

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I went even crazier. All public, no care for positional value, no draft for needs, extreme randomness

image.thumb.png.99ec576053a0b0c1d1eae335f937be3f.png

image.thumb.png.504c558cfc618b5a22b84777607c5e37.png

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

That’s what she said. 

Everyone complains about Howie, but our FO is constantly being plucked.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Kind of a shame.  Some of these throws are wow.  

Not sure why anyone calls it a torn ACL, which it was, but lots of players have come back from that surgery like Joe Burrow.  Wentz’s knee injury was worse than RG3’s that basically ruined his career. Wentz also tore the LCL, IT Band, and had meniscus damage. 
 His knee was obliterated, and probably why his lower body throwing mechanics went to crap soon after. 

🤣 We will talk at the EOY. I rather pay Jalen $2M on a year for his leadership &  potential than $35M for a dead man walking like Wentz. Q1

9 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Prepare yourself

He was basically a rookie last year. Had some duds, but had some good ones with very Lil WR help. I expect to see a jump here. Had Jalen Reagor as a starter for crying out loud! They gave Wentz 5 years for that junk.

Archived