EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

That's kinda the comparison I've wanted to make but Jackson is a really tough comparison for anyone. Guy is gonna be fun to watch in the pros. 

Doesn’t run the complete route tree like Jackson out of college and no one has that misleading running fast then just gone like Jackson. Bad comp. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does anyone have any insight into Jelani Woods? We could use a second TE at some point.  Still I don't know anything else about the guy other than "crazy athletic scores"

Which of course is intriguing as hell but far from the full story on a player.

Tough to tell sometimes with college TEs, I mean George kittle wasn't a super productive college TE, had barely 300 yards as a senior.

Mark bavaro, Keith Jackson , algae crumpler bunch of other guys pretty modest college production compared to their NFL production.

So who knows,the athletic ability and his size is intriguing he didn't do much until kind of breaking out his senior year.

I've seen him in mocks as high as end of 1st round all the way to 4th round🤷‍♂️

So who knows but if he's around in the 3rd to 4th rd I'd definitely take him.

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Doesn’t run the complete route tree like Jackson out of college and no one has that misleading running fast then just gone like Jackson. Bad comp. 

Got a better one? Not trying to argue. Just curious. 

23 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Spent a good 5 mins trying to come up with a "tank for Tua” for Van Dyke and I got nothing 

Jurk off for Jurkovec. 

41 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Contrarily, guys like Gresham, Cook, Ingram, Njoku, OJ Howard,  really dont come close to playing to expectations built on their athleticism. They look like freaks, and usually turn out just average. Vernon Davis was a real freak and he was just average. He is propped up a bit based on compiling statistics due to good longevity. 

Guys who are just solid athletes like Ertz, Goedert, Celek, Greg Olsen, Travis Kelce they might have run 4.5- mid 4.6. Celek probably did worse without looking it up. I think its more based on size and physicality with good enough speed. 

Celek ran a 4.75.

Yup size and physicality with just enough speed.

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Losses we like for Van Dyke?

I’m so sorry. 

Best I came up with was 

"Hurts extension. Psyche, its Van Dyke”

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Best I came up with was 

"Hurts extension. Psyche, its Van Dyke”

That’s longer than EagleVA’s manifesto. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Play like Dick, for Van Dyke?

Funny reference for the AARP crowd. 

So does anyone have any insight into Jelani Woods? We could use a second TE at some point.  Still I don't know anything else about the guy other than "crazy athletic scores"

Which of course is intriguing as hell but far from the full story on a player.

Worth a flier in the mid rounds.

5 QB I like 

Levis , he looks and plays the part 

Rogers , severely over looked 

Hartman

Jurkovec 

Richardson , not a QB in college with more potential 

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

5 QB I like 

Hartman

Jurkovec 

What don’t you like about Tyler Van Dyke

47 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Losses we like for Van Dyke?

I’m so sorry. 

Stop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

That’s longer than EagleVA’s manifesto. 

Funny reference for the AARP crowd. 

Hey!  I'm 40 and always enjoyed DVD.  Mainly because my AARP parents always watched him🤣

9 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

5 QB I like 

Hartman

Jurkovec 

My Eagles prediction is that we draft Richardson next year. Stroud/Young will go 1-2, but Richardson fits what Howie likes and is a Florida guy.

34 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Got a better one? Not trying to argue. Just curious. 

Previous speed WRs.  A slower John Ross?.   Couldn’t beat out Olive for the #2 position at OSU.  Will run by you, but if he can’t, well not a factor based on route running……….  One season wonder.  

16 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

What don’t you like about Tyler Van Dyke

spacer.png

Over 50% of players that Howie will draft will not significantly be mentioned in here in the months preceding the draft. Bank on it.

16 minutes ago, RLC said:

My Eagles prediction is that we draft Richardson next year. Stroud/Young will go 1-2, but Richardson fits what Howie likes and is a Florida guy.

Dudes Got a total of 7 tds and 6 Ints in 10 games, not sure I'd project him as a first round pick next year based off that🤔

Just now, ManuManu said:

@HazletonEagle He’s 64th on Gil Brandt’s top 100. Whoa. 

hes certainly moved up the TDN rankings as well. Interesting.

I’ve been a fan of Gray , maybe not at 64 , but definitely top 100 , so I’m not all that surprised 

2 hours ago, Utebird said:

Tough to tell sometimes with college TEs, I mean George kittle wasn't a super productive college TE, had barely 300 yards as a senior.

Mark bavaro, Keith Jackson , algae crumpler bunch of other guys pretty modest college production compared to their NFL production.

So who knows,the athletic ability and his size is intriguing he didn't do much until kind of breaking out his senior year.

I've seen him in mocks as high as end of 1st round all the way to 4th round🤷‍♂️

So who knows but if he's around in the 3rd to 4th rd I'd definitely take him.

Good reason to take TEs in the middle rounds, productivity in the NFL depends on how they're used, Lewis, Celek were zone busters here, but not primary threats. In that role, hands and smarts are more important than athleticism. When your TE is more of a focal point, then they need to be top athletes since they're basically big WRs. Guys like Ertz could be shut down by top CBs but not most safeties or LBs.

Goedert is more like Witten, not a great athlete, but a combination of size, hands, routes and top flight blocking, so you couldn't focus on him as a receiver (i.e. unlike many so-called TEs).

Stoll is an average athlete, but he's become such a good run blocker as the TE2 that he only needs passable receiving skills b/c he's the type who'll be ignored by defenses.

What we could have used was Jackson, but he'll have to wait a year. An athletic H-back who might need polish but could wreck havoc matched up against LBs or box safeties.

Archived