EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

55 minutes ago, RLC said:

Would not dislike London & McDuffie, but there are people here that hate the Pac-12 and would be furious.

I would be one of them. I don't hate the PAC-12, I'm just not big on London or McDuffie.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, greend said:

Of course you need a magnifying glass to see it

That’s what she said. 

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

A lot of noise about Eagles and QBs, first the Pickett dinner, then the Corall visit, and now the Willis call.

Either Howie is mind f****** the QB thirsty teams or buckle in for a QB pick.

a few things.

It is a QB driven league with only a little more than a third of the teams having good QB's able to compete for championships, so figure at least half the teams would consider an upgrade at the  QB position. About a 1/4 of the teams will draft one this year. And with so few even available in each draft, that will always raise the value of QB's in the draft.

It is wise when you have a Jalen Hurts as your QB1 to do your due diligence on all the QB's in the draft We would be in the 2/3rd portion that does not have a QB that can compete for a championship) Add in that Howie believes we are a QB factory, and well, you get that picture.

Lastly, as you suggested if after doing all your evaluations, you dont believe in any of the QB's coming out, it does not hurt to have teams believe you may be interested in a QB, so they may wish to either leap frog you, (allowing other players to fall) and or potentially trade back with us. (and in this draft trading back would actually be wise, since the value in this draft will come from picks 20-75)

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s what she said. 

well played sir. 

My man Levis  getting some love , his train will be full in a few months .. my two favorite QBs both named Will  , Levis and Rogers 

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

My man Levis  getting some love , his train will be full in a few months .. my two favorite QBs both named Will  , Levis and Rogers 

Isn't he the dude that became a meme because he ate a banana with the skin on?

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I'm sure Howie is thrilled with this news....  But we still have 3 or more GMs in the house, so not all bad I suppose

38 minutes ago, greend said:

If you don't have the balls to trade away Hurts D-

image.thumb.png.ac77bf548e8de8215016234a0f38d950.png

Traded away Hurts, Reagor, Wallace and Dillard and replaced them with Corral, DK Metcalf and Darnell Savage. Also got an extra #1 next year putting the total to 3. 

22A02AC3-175E-45A7-AA45-3A839C57978B.gif

Really interesting crossroads for the defense:

With the exception of Slay (who, imo, is irrelevant due to his age being incompatible with the window of opportunity for this team), the 3 most talented players on defense are all heavily dependent upon usage and scheme.  That’s both opportunity and hazard.  

Reddick, Milton Williams, and Josh Sweat are, by far, the most explosive talents on defense.  

1.  Reddick is the best pure pass rusher we’ve had in years; and he’s a standup OLB who is being inserted into a defense that was (last year) a 4-3 that never blitzed.  Gannon needs to use him  dynamically and creatively.

2.  Williams is a uniquely explosive tweener who has massive upside as a disruptive DL after an encouraging rookie season.  If we just bulk him up and make him a traditional 2 gap DT, he’ll do well and justify the 3rd round pick…but his enticing upside will be erased.  He needs to get experience on the outside shoulder of an OT as a DE and needs a single gap opportunity as a DT.

3.  Sweat probably is not best utilized as a 90% of the snaps full time RDE.  He’s very good and disruptive, but he needs his rest.  He should also get some opportunities to take advantage of his athleticism and rush from a 2 point stance, which also compensated for his still questionable ability to anticipate the snap.

These are 3 enormous talents that, if utilized properly, could be enviable foundation pieces to an excellent defense.  If mismanaged, they could fade into mediocrity as well.  

12 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I think Elite is probably out of the question but Im shocked people dont realize he's a really really good QB. 

I said it before, he's EASILY a top 15 QB and in Washington I truly expect him to be a top 10 guy. 

He'll have the most talent around him in Washington since 2017. I think they'll allow him to throw the ball around a little more and be the gunslinger. 

4000 yards, 30 touchdowns, less than 10INT's and a playoff appearance for the Skins 

Fortunately for the Eagles he is not that guy anymore.  Whether it is the injuries, his mental makeup because of the injuries, he will never be that guy again.

53 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

image.thumb.png.ac77bf548e8de8215016234a0f38d950.png

Traded away Hurts, Reagor, Wallace and Dillard and replaced them with Corral, DK Metcalf and Darnell Savage. Also got an extra #1 next year putting the total to 3. 

22A02AC3-175E-45A7-AA45-3A839C57978B.gif

:roll:

57 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Will Levis will be 24 when he takes his first NFL snap.  

If we draft him, Willey Levis?

7 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Davis is a bigger, more athletic Haloti Ngata:

image.thumb.png.5f6584964907bb942b74a373de58b788.png

image.thumb.png.706ab671fde7f25372bb2481225112f6.png

Davis Broad Jump was: 123 inches.

It's tough to come up with a comp for Jordan Davis because there's to my knowledge not any guys his size that move like him.

Size wise John Henderson, Marcus stroud, As mentioned Ngata, maybe Ted Washington, others not as well established guys like Terrdell sands at 6'7"

But none of those guys moved the way Davis did.

If Davis is there at eagles 1st pick I wouldn't take a nano second of hesitation to pick him.

I think he's a guy one can build a defense around.

Build from inside out start with the middle.

Unless one is a fan of a JJ defense where he believed in prioritizing the edges, DE and Corner.

Oh and while we're at it. Someone explain to me why when you draft a guy right where he falls according to their board on these draft games they give you a B or worse? If you didn't think they should have been drafted there wth did you put them there?

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Part of that is hurts.

Put Jefferson on the eagles with hurts and his numbers don't look as great and who knows what his numbers look like as a rookie with the train wreck that was Wentz then hurts late.

Still though not a good look for Howie either way, he both drafted hurts and not Jefferson.☹️

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Uh oh. Let the trade speculation avalanche begin.

The guy is C diesel 

they need to pay him whatever he wants 

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Not sure why teams are always so eager to get rid of him, as the stats show he's been a productive guy throughout his career 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Uh oh. Let the trade speculation avalanche begin.

I wonder if there is a job I can get scouring social media accounts and reporting on what players unfollowed the team they play for.

15 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Didn’t he and Michael Thomas have beef with each other when he was dealt to New England? That would be fun for the saints lol 

Archived