EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

2.  Brown and Smith both are high 4.4 guys but Quez has speed.  But Smith has elite agility.  Brown has elite agility for a 225 lb WR. And both have great hands. Your love for speed is overrated.  Sub 4.5 speed is fast.  Agility (body control) and hands matter.  

3.  Lane is 31 and signed for three more years. With Driscoll as swing T, backup G, now that is appears RG is addressed. But yes, need to keep restocking the OL.

4.  Slay is signed for two more seasons but is getting older.  Lots of bodies but the biggest need.

5.  Next year with the secondary. Also will need more rotation DTs. 

On 5 I think it remains to be seen based on how Hargrave plays this yr. If he is worth another contract then DT will rank lower.

wr is done

looking for a S or TE today

move reagor for a 7th if need be

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Our O-Line, stud WRs and TE, running game is a pot of gold for a QB who can maximize it. We'll be very enticing for a veteran QB if one becomes available. Question is who could it be?

Pass on Kyler Murray/Lamar Jackson/Daniel Jones/Baker Mayfield.

Tom Brady? - He's a FA next year. I know he'll be 45, but damn. I don't know.

It will be in the draft. They need that cheap contract 

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Our O-Line, stud WRs and TE, running game is a pot of gold for a QB who can maximize it. We'll be very enticing for a veteran QB if one becomes available. Question is who could it be?

Pass on Kyler Murray/Lamar Jackson/Daniel Jones/Baker Mayfield.

Tom Brady? - He's a FA next year. I know he'll be 45, but damn. I don't know.

Just need Sirianni to be good. 

On 1/17/2022 at 6:09 PM, Godfather said:

Hurts sucks and will continue to suck in '22

The usual preseason deference to the starting QB only playing a quarter of football in games should not apply to Hurts.

He needs reps. Get out there and read the defense. Throw the ball downfield. 

No sandlot football.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kinda sucks it's basically a lock this is Kelce's last season

:sad:

He could probably play next year, if he's healthy and motivated.

Howie sure paid him well this year.

According to Kirby Smart, Dean got more votes for team captain than any player in Georgia history.

All this while being a mechanical engineering major. This is a special player and person.

10 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

On 5 I think it remains to be seen based on how Hargrave plays this yr. If he is worth another contract then DT will rank lower.

wr is done

looking for a S or TE today

move reagor for a 7th if need be

My guess is they have Reagor in TC and have sent him a clear message of what they expect.  Can’t coast regardless of where you were drafted.  (JJAW was sent the same message.).  Third WR is within reach for Reagor. He has the talent but lacks Sirianni’s five points. Deleting social media may be a good step and he may mature and show focus.  If not, I expect him to be gone.  Absent drafting a TE, my best hope for JJAW is third TE until Jackson comes back. Got to love ball to be an Eagle under Sirianni.  JJAW seems to have embraced blocking and STs  but I am not convinced either player loves ball. 

BPA today. 

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Some really good drafting by teams this year 

Some interesting trends too. WR got boosted up the boards as expected. LBs fell as usual. But I was surprised by how many interior linemen went in the first 3 rounds. 

How we feeling about Ariaza today?

They should draft him with the pick they trade Reagor for. I want that to be Reagor's legacy. Traded for a punter.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

How we feeling about Ariaza today?

They should draft him with the pick they trade Reagor for. I want that to be Reagor's legacy. Traded for a punter.

I ain't drafting no punter. UDFA only.

These were my favorite OL , not sure who is left

Abraham Lucas ol

Blaise Andries ol 

Luke Goedeke ol 

Braxton Jones ol

Nick Zakelj ol

Matt Waletzko ol

dl

Nick Bonitto 

Amare Barno

Sam Williams 

Perrion Winfrey dl 

Drake Jackson

Matt Henningsen

Eric Johnson 

Curtis brooks idl 

Logan hall 

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

These were my favorite OL , not sure who is left

Abraham Lucas ol

Blaise Andries ol 

Luke Goedeke ol 

Braxton Jones ol

Nick Zakelj ol

Matt Waletzko ol

Goedeke went to the Bucs in the second. 

Really like the Eagles approach of quality over quantity this offseason and the draft.  They didn't just draft good players or guys that were workout warriors.  They went in with the mentality that they wanted to draft great players.  Players that could be potentially the best at their respective positions.  Instead of accumulating a bunch of scrubs in the later rounds, they gave up the draft capital to bring in talented, top shelf guys.

They didn't settle for Burks (who I really liked) and the projection that he could potentially be AJ Brown.  They went out and got AJ Brown himself.

Let's see what they do on Day 3 but I have a feeling that Howie is finally getting what the draft is all about.  Identifying foundational pieces and making it happen to get them in the building.  We have some work to do on the secondary for sure but I am sure Howie has a plan.  

1 hour ago, Wentz_Era said:

I'm off the ledge a bit.  I still think Brown was a misallocation of resources given the current state of the team.  He a fantastic addition, but unless there is a meteoric rise this year from Hurts that firepower is wasted.  I love the Jurgens pick and I'm hoping Dean is healthy.

You're not far off at all.  Adding Brown was a TO like addition to put a team over the top.  This team has so many holes.  They might not be obvious because we have veterans like BG, Harris, Epps, Slay etc.  Behind those guys there is no up and coming young talent.

This team has NOTHING in the cupboards at DE, S or CB.  RB and TE need solid depth and I still think they need something else at WR.  

I like AJ Brown.  He's a great WR and will make the Eagles better.  Was it the best use or resources?  Absolutely not.  They could have traded down a few picks and picked up the extra mid-round picks to make up for the move up to get Davis.  There was plenty of WR talent left in the draft.  No, they aren't on AJ Browns level but you it would have allowed you to get one of the top young safeties and edge rushers.

AJ Brown is the pretty new toy and it's hard to get mad about adding him.   However, when you look at the entire roster and how much it lacks, a shiny new toy might not do much.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I would gladly take a punter in RD5.

If we stick with the picks we have and out of 5 guys, 1 is a punter...I'm not going to be happy at all.

5 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Goedeke went to the Bucs in the second. 

I forget who Lucas went to

I'm thinking 2nd TE or big back. We have a lot of late round CBs on roster now.  No guy from 5th rd is coming in and starting

No punter in the 5th.

EDGE CB QB S

Minshew is gone after this year.

Are we gonna move a player for another pick?

I'd love to get back into the 4th.

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If we stick with the picks we have and out of 5 guys, 1 is a punter...I'm not going to be happy at all.

You'd rather throw probably the 6th cb to be picked today onto the stack of guys we have now? Punter probably likeliest to play (definitely)

Archived