EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Good chance Carson Strong goes undrafted 

Teams have no use for statues with injury history 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never understood the love affair a few here had with Strong.

Dude was a 2nd tier QB in a historically bad QB class for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

maybe late.  I was always interested in Zappe............but we don't have the picks to do that at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Him and Zappe to go undrafted like Jamie Newman seems crazy, but who knows.  
 Last year at his time Howell was a likely top 10 pick, and he’s dropping like Matt Barkley did.

1 minute ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Didn’t participate , but any of you guys hit on all the picks So far? Lol

I didn't get the lock yesterday but I had all the picks plus Davis lock

31 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

He could probably play next year, if he's healthy and motivated.

Howie sure paid him well this year.

I don’t think they would burn a 2nd round pick and 2+ years on a C only with no guard versatility if they didn’t have a strong read on where his head is at

13 hours ago, Know Life said:

What just happened?

People were mad that Howie passed on Dean in the 2nd round and now are mad he drafted him in the 3rd round.

16 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I forget who Lucas went to

SEA? I think they doubled dipped.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t think they would burn a 2nd round pick and 2+ years on a C only with no guard versatility if they didn’t have a strong read on where his head is at

I've seen a few of his draft reports say that he does have positional versatility to play Guard.

Daniel Jeremiah said that the reason some teams were higher on him than Linderbaum was for that reason.

12 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Teams have no use for statues with injury history 

Is he a statue because of his injury? And is it the type of injury he will recover from or carry through his career?

My top backs 

Kennedy brooks rb 

Abram Smith rb

Pierre strong rb

Rachaad white rb

WOs 

Jalen Tolbert WO

Erik Ezukanma WO 

Kevin Austin WO

Danny Gray wo

Drake London 

Jerreth sterns 

It's fair to question the positions of the players taken - but Kelce will retire at some point and I don't think Dickerson is necessarily the replacement for what they want from C.  Pleased the team at least attempted to get a good LB and one who is a leader there - that alone makes a considerable difference.  The lack of picks today is not ideal at all, but that is a by product of what we have at GM

8 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I've seen a few of his draft reports say that he does have positional versatility to play Guard.

Daniel Jeremiah said that the reason some teams were higher on him than Linderbaum was for that reason.

I’ve seen/heard mostly this 

Center prospect with a lack of desired measurables and position versatility that could cap his draft value. 

He’s Kelce with a few more pounds. I can’t see Kelce ever playing Guard. He’d be 35+ pounds less and 2 inches shorter than Brooks or Dickerson 

2 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

It's fair to question the positions of the players taken - but Kelce will retire at some point and I don't think Dickerson is necessarily the replacement for what they want from C.  Pleased the team at least attempted to get a good LB and one who is a leader there - that alone makes a considerable difference.  The lack of picks today is not ideal at all, but that is a by product of what we have at GM

Maybe the lack of volume of late draft picks makes the Eagles more attractive to UDFA.

But, what are we hoping to fill with an UDFA?

Punter? Special teams? Kick returner? 3rd string QB?

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I think Jurgens could play OG in year 2. He might need to add another 10 lbs to feel comfortable handing the bigger DTs.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’ve seen/heard mostly this 

Center prospect with a lack of desired measurables and position versatility that could cap his draft value. 

Yeah, I saw Zerline's take on that. Not a consensus on that issue among the community apparently. A few other evaluators said otherwise:

Cameron Jurgens of Nebraska is moving up boards more swiftly than any center in the draft, and he could end up in the early part of Round 2. Jurgens is bigger than Linderbaum and has better growth potential, along with arms that are two inches longer. He also comes with better positional versatility, as Jurgens can line up at guard and center while Linderbaum is viewed solely as a center.

Hopefully they do a 1on1 interview with Stoutland and ask him.

32 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Goedeke went to the Bucs in the second. 

He will probably start  so will Logan Hall , Rachadd White split carries with Fournette 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I think Jurgens could play OG in year 2. He might need to add another 10 lbs to feel comfortable handing the bigger DTs.

Surely they are not taking the center, scouted and hand picked by Kelce as his own replacement,  and playing him at guard. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

He's the same size as Isaac, at least listed size.

Stronger than Isaac as well: 25 bench press reps to 19.

Missed most of the draft last night.

Don't love the Jurgens pick. Nothing wrong with the player. I think he'll be a heck of a player. I just prefer drafting centers and interior linemen later. I would have loved Bonitto here or Paschal if he dropped. Just feel edge rusher is a higher value pick. 

I'm torn on Dean. I definitely didn't want him in the first, but can't complain about getting him in the 3rd. Hope that size doesn't turn out to be a problem. Seems like a really smart, high character guy, and a leader.

3 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The lack of picks today is not ideal at all, but that is a by product of what we have at GM

In looking at the way the first round went, I think the team made a really smart move in trading up. I think Hamilton and Davis were always going 13 and 14, so if we had stayed put, who would we have drafted at 15? I don't really see any great receivers or defensive prospects left (thus the AJ Brown deal.) I think the Texans made a horrible decision. Hamilton and Davis both have a chance to be dominant NFL players while Green is just an okay prospect. I think if you were looking for the line between top-end and average prospects in this draft, it was at pick 15.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Surely they are not taking the center, scouted and hand picked by Kelce as his own replacement,  and playing him at guard.

In year 2, I agree.

In year 1, if we have a few injuries...he might play G.

Archived