EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did they pass on Zyon McCollum? They ended up trading the pick to Jacksonville. He’s an interesting prospect. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

In a nutshell, we turned one first rounder into Davis, another into Brown, and the third into two future picks.

We used our own second and third round picks on quality players.

The only real complaint would be giving up three day-3 picks.  I'm not losing a lot of sleep given the depth of the UDFA pool.

I'm curious to see what we bring in UDFA wise, but outside of that this is a typical Howie, I'm smarter than you, couple of days couple with a 1 finger, you can't fire me, salute.

13 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I just checked. 

Nobody had Kyron Johnson in the Master of the Draft.

No points yet.

I was honestly going to but I figured Luketa was the guy since they visited with him and  I figured Kyron was a UDFA target.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

based on what?

That is promising then.

The Giants have been rumored to cut him if they can’t find a trade partner (and haven’t found one despite having him on the block). They don’t have cap space to sign their draft class. 

He’s a great fit and we have nothing good at CB2. 

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

Do the "we only made 6 picks" people forget they traded for AJ Brown, or y'all just conveniently leaving that out?

If this team was a cake...they haven't even mixed the batter yet.  Brown is icing.  You're mixing icing with the batter.

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Do the "we only made 6 picks" people forget they traded for AJ Brown, or y'all just conveniently leaving that out?

It was included

but not the 100M contract. 

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Now coach him up and you got a nice player

Why did we pass on this guy?

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

I'm curious to see what we bring in UDFA wise, but outside of that this is a typical Howie, I'm smarter than you, couple of days couple with a 1 finger, you can't fire me, salute.

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

So, in your opinion, any other GM would be fired after this draft?

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I was honestly going to but I figured Luketa was the guy since they visited with him and  I figured Kyron was a UDFA target.

I had Luketa.  😞 

Wow, letdown city 

Competitive Toughness: Calcaterra displays above average overall toughness and even though he lacks the strength to consistently move players off the ball, it’s not for lack of effort. The issue for Calcaterra is his durability. He has suffered multiple concussions over the last few years and was forced to medically retire. His medicals are a major red flag. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The Giants have been rumored to cut him if they can’t find a trade partner (and haven’t found one despite having him on the block). They don’t have cap space to sign their draft class. 

He’s a great fit and we have nothing good at CB2. 

Could we trade them for Toney and Bradberry for Reagor?  

"He briefly retired from football in 2019 because of multiple concussions"

Archived