EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We have 3 guys capable of 1000 yards....with the right QB.  But we don't have that guy, as you know.  

I'll go with:

Smith 900 yards

Brown 750 yards

Goedert 700 yards

Watkins 450 yards

All other WR/TE/RB 700 yards

That's 3500 yards.  That is Jalen Hurts' ceiling.  The Eagles know it and the league knows it.  

Sounds about right. I guess if im looking on the brightside, he had about 8-10 TD's either called back or dropped last year which would've put him around 3400 yards & 24-26 TD's. That's pretty good for a first year starter. Hopefully he can prove me wrong because him being a legit duel threat is ideal. I just havent seen enough from him to make me think he will. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If you're rooting for Strong to eventually play you are also rooting for complete disaster to hit everywhere else on the roster to the point where it turns into a lost year. 

But rooting for this team to lose wouldn't be anything new for people in the blog. 

Don't assume I'm an internet troll just because you disagree with me | Dave  Bry | The Guardian

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If you're rooting for Strong to eventually play you are also rooting for complete disaster to hit everywhere else on the roster to the point where it turns into a lost year. 

But rooting for this team to lose wouldn't be anything new for people in the blog. 

We don't root against the Eagles.

We are hopeful for a better future with a better QB.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

It was a joke, no matter who we have on the outside were not gonna pass the ball because of #1

My hope is that we try at least....hoping for 30 pass attempts/game at least for September, to see if he has improved. If he hasn't, pull that leash and let Minshew have a go. If Minshew can't cut it, and Strong looks decent enough and is healthy enough, turn him loose. Likely, we're stuck with Hurts till he gets hurt. 

20 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

There are way too many "ifs" in this analysis. Also, a lot of listing of four guys. Here's the best in the NFC right now. 

49ers - Deebo is better than Brown, Smith is better than Aiyuk, Watkins is better than ?, Kittle is better than Goedert, and I like Mitchell, but he is probably not better than Sanders, but certainly not much worse, either. It's close, but they have a black hole at wr3.

Rams - Kupp is better than Brown, Robinson, who knows how good or bad he will be, Van Jefferson and Watkins are a wash, Goedert is better than Higbee, Sanders is way better than Akers. Edge, Eagles.

Tampa Bay - Brown is better than Evans, Godwin is better than Smith, Gage and Watkins are too close to call, Goedert is better than any TE they have, and Sanders and Fournette are too close to call. So this one is probably the closest. But having Tom Brady over urts is clearly making their guys look better than ours.

Cowboys - Brown is better than Lamb, Smith is better than Gallup, Watkins is better than ?, Goedert is better than Shultz, Sanders is better than Pollard just because they will put a washed Zeke out there a bunch.

So we are no worse than top 2 in the NFC. Vikings are good, but not great. Giants could be sneaky if Barkley returns to form, Golladay stays healthy and Toney figures it out, but, again, that's a lot of ifs. 

Problem for the skill guys, is all the QB’s are better than Hurts

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Come on....Say it!!!!!!!!!

See the source image

Howie needs to nail… oh no wait.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We’ve never had 2 WRs with 1,000+ yards in a season. I think it’s possible with the right QB, but all these expectations are a bit lofty 

They arent expectations. Im just saying i believe we have 3 pass catchers capable of going for 1000 yards with the right QB. That alone is alot of talent. How many teams can say they have three pass catchers capable of 1000 yards along with a top 5 OL and decent stable of RB's? Our supporting cast on paper is arguably top 5. We just dont have the QB to manifest that on the field. 

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

We are dealing with relative situations here.  Comparing this situation to a former #2 overall pick that was an ACL injury away from being league MVP in year 2, to a UDFA contract is meaningless.  

Compared to ALL the UDFA contracts given to QBs in the past, this one stands out as unique.  That means something.  It's not nothing, we'll find out how much it means as time goes by.

I guess we will see soon enough .

4 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

They arent expectations. Im just saying i believe we have 3 pass catchers capable of going for 1000 yards with the right QB. That alone is alot of talent. How many teams can say they have three pass catchers capable of 1000 yards along with a top 5 OL and decent stable of RB's? Our supporting cast on paper is arguably top 5. We just dont have the QB to manifest that on the field. 

We may have 3, but no team has ever had more than 2 in a season.

46 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The Eagles remind me of the Dolphins.  Some nice pieces on both sides of the ball.  Question mark at QB and inexperienced under-qualified head coaches.  

Sirianni got a Hurts-led team to the playoffs.  He's qualified.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

We may have 3, but no team has ever had more than 2 in a season.

I understand that. My only point in mentioning it was to demonstrate just how much talent we have. Dallas had three receivers capable of going for 1000 yards the last two years. They didnt actually do it but cooper, lamb & gallup are all very capable. Dallas was considered one of the top 5 offenses in the NFL during that time. We'd probably be a top 5 offense statistically with Dak if you put him under center this year. 

5 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Sirianni got a Hurts-led team to the playoffs.  He's qualified.

Sirianni and Hurts are in the same boat imo. They both have a ton to prove this season. Both were awful at times last season.

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I felt like every play he had someone schemed open, wide open but they weren't in the 5x5 square to the right side of the field, Hurts didn't see him

20220503_103225.jpg

7 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Sirianni and Hurts are in the same boat imo. They both have a ton to prove this season. Both were awful at times last season.

Both were spectacular at times too.

8 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

We'd probably be a top 5 offense statistically with Dak if you put him under center this year. 

I will never understand why people like Dak that much.

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

I will never understand why people like Dak that much.

I dont even like dak but has Dallas not been top 5 statistically the last two years with him under center? What we have now offensively isnt far off from what they've had so why is it far fetched to say we'd be top 5 statistically with a QB who, while not great, is still miles better than Hurts? Dak has thrown for 4400+ yards & 30 + TD's twice in his career. I dont see Hurts ever accomplishing either.

12 hours ago, ManuManu said:

From an alleged anonymous scout. 

Medical results for scouts or just anyone?

52 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think you severely overrate Sanders. I'd much prefer Akers, Jacobs, and Fournette over him. Easily. And I think Waller is better than Goedert, but it is close. Also, Mike Evans is underrated. He's better than Brown. 

Depending on how Akers comes back from the Achilles with a full offseason and not thrown into the fire of the playoffs like last year. Sanders was great his rookie year. He’s regressed as a pass blocker and receiver out of the backfield the last two years. That said kupp was the offensive player of the year. Robinson is finally playing with a good Qb for the first time in his career. Van Jefferson statistically been better than quez to start his career particularly last year. Goedert is really the only spot you can say is significantly better than what the rams have. And this doesn’t include the fact OBJ likely is returning there. So he’s their 3rd WR which bumps van Jefferson to fourth. 

Fournette after last year is better than sanders. Could make the case is also more talented than sanders. Reason why he went fourth overall. He went for 1266 total yards last year (while missing nearly a month) and 10 tds. Sanders has 12 tds for his career. I’d take fournette over sanders. I’d add on fournette with the jags once had a 1674 total yard season. This was behind one of the worst olines in the league. Also Evans,  godwin and gage are better than brown, smith and quez. Plus if gronk returns they have brate and gronk.  Bucs have better weapons. 

The niners with deebo and aiyuk is at worse a push with smith and brown. I think they are better as a duo than brown and smith currently. Quez is definitely better than the niners 3rd WR. But kittle when healthy is arguably the best tight end in football not named kelce. And goedert hasn’t exactly stayed healthy if we are dinging kittle for that. Also mitchell in just 10 starts last year had 963 yards. It isn’t like mitchell doesn’t have a high yards per carry either. It was 4.7. Sanders has had 11, 11 and 12 but yet to reach 900 yards (played 16, 12 and 12). I think sanders is more talented player than mitchell but talent doesn’t always make you better.  

also would argue at the current moment thielen and Jefferson is likely equal to brown and smith at worse. Maybe not over the next 3 years as thielen ages. Also their third wr last year was Osborn who had similar receiving yards to quez last year. But had 6 more tds. Goedert is a significant upgrade to what irv smith is. However cook is a significant upgrade from sanders.  Cook had what was considered a down year for him last year in 13 games but rushed for 1159 yards which would be the most in sanders career and he added another 200 receiving yards. His Down year was total yards wise the same as sanders best year as a pro which was his rookie year. There’s definitely an argument that Minnesota and the eagles are likely a push.

really think Bucs, rams, 49ers have cases as the better skill positions group. I think Vikings is debatable  

37 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

:roll: Definitely meant Moon. Was thinking Oilers, which bled to Titans in my mind.

As a person that watched Moon with the Oilers, he wasn’t great to start his career in the NFL after his stint in Canada.  His completion rate was pretty bad.  I find it interesting how many players have been brought up in the last few days that sat or struggled a bit as the started their careers. Heck, when Tom Brady stepped on the field to replace Bledsoe, his first six games were pretty bad.  I have my doubts about Hurts, especially his ability to quickly read the field and his slow trigger.  But I can see why some posters aren’t ready to bury him yet based on how long some pretty good QBs percolated before they took the next step.  

9 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

I dont even like dak but has Dallas not been top 5 statistically the last two years with him under center? What we have now offensively isnt far off from what they've had so why is it far fetched to say we'd be top 5 statistically with a QB who, while not great, is still miles better than Hurts?

Dak is statistically much better than Hurts. Dak Prescott Career Stats | NFL.com

We would be much better. Maybe top 5.

And, Dak got paid. 4yrs $160mil.

Only 2 playoff wins for Dak over last 6 years and those were in wildcard games.

49 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Come on....Say it!!!!!!!!!

See the source image

:lol: Made me think of this

Okay, Sure: Women Who Work, Part 1 - That's Normal

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Depending on how Akers comes back from the Achilles with a full offseason and not thrown into the fire of the playoffs like last year. Sanders was great his rookie year. He’s regressed as a pass blocker and receiver out of the backfield the last two years. That said kupp was the offensive player of the year. Robinson is finally playing with a good Qb for the first time in his career. Van Jefferson statistically been better than quez to start his career particularly last year. Goedert is really the only spot you can say is significantly better than what the rams have. And this doesn’t include the fact OBJ likely is returning there. So he’s their 3rd WR which bumps van Jefferson to fourth. 

Fournette after last year is better than sanders. Could make the case is also more talented than sanders. Reason why he went fourth overall. He went for 1266 total yards last year (while missing nearly a month) and 12 tds. Sanders has 12 tds for a his career. I’d take fournette over sanders. I’d add on fournette with the jags once had a 1674 total yard season. This was behind one of the worst olines in the league. Also Evans,  godwin and gage are better than brown, smith and quez. Plus if gronk returns they have brate and gronk.  Bucs have better weapons. 

The niners with deebo and aiyuk is at worse a push with smith and brown. I think they are better as a duo than brown and smith currently. Quez is definitely better than the niners 3rd WR. But kittle when healthy is arguably the best tight end in football not named kelce. And goedert hasn’t exactly stayed healthy if we are dinging kittle for that. Also mitchell in just 10 starts last year had 963 yards. It isn’t like mitchell doesn’t have a high yards per carry either. It was 4.7. Sanders has had 11, 11 and 12 but yet to reach 900 yards (played 16, 12 and 12). I think sanders is more talented player than mitchell but talent doesn’t always make you better.  

also would argue at the current moment thielen and Jefferson is likely equal to brown and smith at worse. Maybe not over the next 3 years as thielen ages. Also their third wr last year was Osborn who had similar receiving yards to quez last year. But had 6 more tds. Goedert is a significant upgrade to what irv smith is. However cook is a significant upgrade from sanders.  Cook had what was considered a down year for him last year in 13 games but rushed for 1159 yards which would be the most in sanders career and he added another 200 receiving yards. His Down year was total yards wise the same as sanders best year as a pro which was his rookie year. There’s definitely an argument that Minnesota and the eagles are likely a push.

really think Bucs, rams, 49ers have cases as the better skill positions group. I think Vikings is debatable  

There's 3 guys on our team that I genuinely dislike being on the team. In order from most disliked to least, is Reagor, Barnett, and then Sanders. I would be very happy if all 3 never played another snap for us. 

Archived