EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Also I don't really watch baseball or basketball until it's playoff time, but I watch every Eagles game and every Blues game I can.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

That’s a lot of words trying to convince me Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs aren’t a team known as an offensive juggernaut who lost without putting up a single td.

The Eagles wouldn’t have made the NFC championship game without the defense and I remember a pick 6 being a pretty big part of that game.

Are you really trying to convince me the Bengals defense was the storyline for their Super Bowl run? Not Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and the offense?

Yeah, sure. Chiefs won SB LIV because they contained Jimmy G…

So you’re telling me the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defense or any defense would not benefit from 3 out of 5 offensive linemen starting their first game of the year at a new position in the SB or the first game starting 4 weeks after signing with the chiefs? Amazing how you just casually think that’s not important or massive issue for the chiefs offense in that SB. Or a nice benefit for the Bucs. And this isn’t saying the Buccaneers defense sucks. That’s not what this is saying. This is saying they were very good but they also had a huge luxury of facing a team with a makeshift offensive line in a SB  

I would also point out Patrick Mahomes had 2 touchdown drops by his WRs in that super bowl. 

I never said the defense didn’t play spectacular in that game. what i said to you was BOTH OFFENSE AND DEFENSE DID. Apparently you think eagles offense did nothing in that nfc title game or wasn’t also a reason they won. Foles throwing for 352 yards and 3 tds didn’t have any part in it? Or is rushing for 110 yards? Yup it was only the defense that was spectacular. I forgot the offense did nothing that game. Only put up 450+ yards and 31 points against a top 5 defense. I’ve already told you, the defense after the opening possession by the Vikings played spectacular. So did the offense who scored 31 points and 456 total yards. So when i say their offense and defense were both spectacular in the nfc title game, you really want to argue both weren’t? If you really want to argue the offense and defense werent both spectacular that game then i don’t know what to tell you. Because BOTH did in that game  

Where did i say that? All i said to you was their defense played well in the postseason and their oline being bad finally caught up to them against the rams. You specifically told me they playoffs with shootouts. So you trying to tell me that 19-16 is a shootout?  Or 26-19 is a shootout? Or 23-20 is a shootout? The Bengals offense during the postseason averaged 23.3 ppg. They definitely had help in the postseason from their defense to go along with how burrow, chase and the offense played. The bengals in the postseason had the most takeaways of any defense with 9. That’s 2+ per game. Add on the raiders were held 3 points below their season average, titans were 8 points below, chiefs and rams were both 4 points below their season average. Yeah their defense along with burrow and the offense was very helpful in their postseason and they weren’t in a shootout outside of the chiefs game    

The chiefs offense came alive down the stretch of that game and their defense came alive in the fourth quarter to help. Which is exactly what I’ve said. So i know you aren’t reading. so let me get this straight the Chiefs defense did nothing as they held them to 20 points even though the two previous playoff games the San Francisco 49ers were averaging 32 points. And on the season the San Francisco 49ers were averaging 30 ppg (second in the league). So the Chiefs defense gets no credit from you for helping win that Super Bowl when they held the niners 10 points below their season average and 12 points below their playoff average heading into that game? It’s good to know holding the 2nd best offense in the nfl that year to 10 points below their average wasnt a very big deal in that game. It was only the chiefs offense that won that particular SB game. It couldn’t have been both in game…. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I agree. Thats the weird thing. There was major panic over his knee pre-draft. I still remember it because I had hope the eagles might actually get him then. 

Though back then LB was viewed as more important than it is today. But QB is still QB. Always the #1 position. And for some reason no one wanted to take a chance on an excellent QB. But the LB only fell to round 2. 

Doesnt make sense. Thats why I said, who knows?

He had 10 minutes right after the draft to choose between the Eagles and the Vikings.  

https://nevadasportsnet.com/features/murrays-mailbag/murrays-mailbag-why-did-nevada-quarterback-carson-strong-go-undrafted

5 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

He had 10 minutes right after the draft to choose between the Eagles and the Vikings.  

https://nevadasportsnet.com/features/murrays-mailbag/murrays-mailbag-why-did-nevada-quarterback-carson-strong-go-undrafted

Kind of make sense why he chose the eagles. Cousins is basically locked into being with the Vikings this year and very likely next year. In 2023 it’s a 48.7 million dead money and 12.5 cap hit to cut cousins (pre June 1st). To trade him pre-June 1st it’s 18.8 dead money and clears 17.5 mil. The odds are cousins is there through 2023. Whereas the eagles QB situation is an unknown going forward the next two years. 

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

Great player.......awful haircut.

Racist

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I win. 

F0CC9B37-68E9-4064-92D9-745FABC244D6.jpeg

Their logo is a ball sack?

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here are the full results from the Chris Steuber Ultimate Draft Nerd competition. Your score + how many tie breakers you got right.

@Texas Eagle 14 + 1 Tie breaker

@Iggles25 14 + 0

@DEagle7 13 + 1 tie breaker

@Outlaw 13 + 0

@Aerolithe_Lion 13 + 0

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! 13 + 0

@beto_eagles 12 + 2

@NCiggles 12 + 2

@time2rock 12+1

@QBhunter58 12 + 1

@Couch Potato 12 + 0

@FranklinFldEBUpper 12 + 0

@Iggles_Phan 12 + 0

@MarkFrizzell 11 + 1

@Alphagrand 11 + 1

@BayAreaLennie 11 + 1

@Cochis_Calhoun 10 + 1

@eaglesfan0075 10 + 1

@Bacarty2 10 + 1

@Aspiritfall 10 + 1

@Bamabird 10 + 1

@LeanMeanGM 10 + 0

@Greenakers2 10 + 0

@MidMoFo 10 + 0

@Saltpeter 10 + 0

@Infam 9 + 1

@What The F 9 + 1

@4for4EaglesNest 9 + 1

@downundermike 9 + 0

@vikas83 9 + 0

@philafan4o8 8 + 0

@Jenkins27 7 + 1

@20dawk4life 7 + 0

Its interesting going back and looking at everyone's picks.  A lot of people thought ..

A. Nakobe Dean would go in the first and

B. Carson Strong would go somewhere in the first 3 rounds 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m trying to not be overly optimistic but there’s a good shot Carson Strong becomes first ballot. 

Also AJ Brown was named after Alshon Jeffery, who was way better. 

Finally Strong’s name gets mentioned and no hyperbole is detected.  

Pretty cool interview of Jalen in his elements. He presents himself a bit differently than he does to the Philly media. Also good to know that he understands the Philly fanbase probably better than most stars that come around. 

Its a long video but enjoy 

Curious if the Eagles would target Bradberry if he's cut because it seems like they're all in on trying to find a diamond in the rough bringing in all these young corners.

21 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Curious if the Eagles would target Bradberry if he's cut because it seems like they're all in on trying to find a diamond in the rough bringing in all these young corners.

You are under the impression he’s top option would be here or he’d want to come here over some other teams. I could see multiple other contenders make a push for him and i think he’d likely would go there over here. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You are under the impression he’s top option would be here or he’d want to come here over some other teams. I could see multiple other contenders make a push for him and i think he’d likely would go there over here. 

Not under that impression at all, I said I wonder if the Eagles would target him. Nowhere do I state they’d be some lock to get him.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Not under that impression at all, I said I wonder if the Eagles would target him. Nowhere do I state they’d be some lock to get him.

I think the eagles would target him. That’s obvious if there’s a good player available they would. The more curious question is if he would have much interested in us 

Can’t argue the numbers on a full season.

The Bucs beat the Chiefs with defense. The Rams beat the Bengals with defense. Ultimately, the Eagles beat the Patriots with key plays on defense to beat Brady and the patriots.

Sure the one play put it away. But we didn’t really win it with defense, Brady absolutely torched us.

Just watching the games over the last 3 seasons… offense wins in the AFC playoffs, while defense wins in the NFC playoffs.

Agree in general though.

4 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Now he has Terry McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Jahan Dotson as his top 4 WR plus Logan Thomas and Cole Turner at TE.  That's a ridiculous top 6 targets to throw to.  He also has Antonio Gibson and Brian Robinson at RB.  Robinson and Turner should contribute a lot as rookies.  Watch the Carson Strong highlights and what pops out is how good Cole Turner is.

Man, that's a scary offense.  Even Cam Sims and Antonio Gandy-Golden as WR5/WR6 have serious potential. 

Even with the addition of AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith, the Eagles don't come close to the depth of that offense.  Wentz has no excuse this year.

I think the Eagles offense is better. Maybe we find out next year, because with Wentz they will suck anyways.

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

From an alleged anonymous scout. 

I know that man, his name is Cap Obvious.

3 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Dak makes the Cowboys a better offense. They have issues and the Eagles could be better but they killed us twice last season.  I don’t think our secondary is any better and the LBs may be better but no one is proven. 

That ‘killed us twice’ BS. They won a game early in the season and then played their starters against our third stringers. Congratulations.

Takes a Cowboy fan to warp that into two big wins.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Haha, you see balls and I see a bra. 😄

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I thought it was a bra for low hanging tiddies. 

First three years in the league: 

AJ Brown 2995 yards and 24 TDs 

Alshon 2921 yards and 20 TDs 

Yeah, not comparable at all.

Just now, RLC said:

Carson Strong >>>> EJ Perry

Smart of Perry to pick the Jags too.

It would be embarrassing for our QB1 to be the 4th best passer on the field.

J/k.  I'd put Hurts on par with Perry, so he'd only be 3rd.

Archived