EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

As a person that watched Moon with the Oilers, he wasn’t great to start his career in the NFL after his stint in Canada.  His completion rate was pretty bad.  I find it interesting how many players have been brought up in the last few days that sat or struggled a bit as the started their careers. Heck, when Tom Brady stepped on the field to replace Bledsoe, his first six games were pretty bad.  I have my doubts about Hurts, especially his ability to quickly read the field and his slow trigger.  But I can see why some posters aren’t ready to bury him yet based on how long some pretty good QBs percolated before they took the next step.  

I was invoking those names as a counter-argument to the "UDFA QBs will never amount to anything" folks. Definitely slim odds for sure, but some cream rose to the top.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

As a person that watched Moon with the Oilers, he wasn’t great to start his career in the NFL after his stint in Canada.  His completion rate was pretty bad.  I find it interesting how many players have been brought up in the last few days that sat or struggled a bit as the started their careers. Heck, when Tom Brady stepped on the field to replace Bledsoe, his first six games were pretty bad.  I have my doubts about Hurts, especially his ability to quickly read the field and his slow trigger.  But I can see why some posters aren’t ready to bury him yet based on how long some pretty good QBs percolated before they took the next step.  

The problem with the Hurts arguments is they can apply to anyone. Couldn't you say the same about Minshew. Carson Strong could play this year and not be good then you could argue he could possibly improve the next year. It's theoretically possible any player could improve when you constantly hand him unearned playing time

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

There's 3 4 guys on our team that I genuinely dislike being on the team. In order from most disliked to least, is Reagor, JJAW, Barnett, and then Sanders. I would be very happy if all 3 never played another snap for us. 

FYP.

10 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

I dont even like dak but has Dallas not been top 5 statistically the last two years with him under center? What we have now offensively isnt far off from what they've had so why is it far fetched to say we'd be top 5 statistically with a QB who, while not great, is still miles better than Hurts? Dak has thrown for 4400+ yards & 30 + TD's twice in his career. I dont see Hurts ever accomplishing either.

Dak is a good QB; not even sure I'd elevate him to very good.  He is similar to Cousins -- puts up big numbers, but usually wilts in big spots.  Hence the report that Amari Cooper labelled Dak a "black Kirk Cousins"

Hurts hasn't even played well enough yet to get the team to a big spot.  The expectation should be 11-6 this season and compete to win the division, followed by at least one playoff win.  Anything short of that, I believe Howie will move in another direction at QB.

16 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

I dont even like dak but has Dallas not been top 5 statistically the last two years with him under center? What we have now offensively isnt far off from what they've had so why is it far fetched to say we'd be top 5 statistically with a QB who, while not great, is still miles better than Hurts? Dak has thrown for 4400+ yards & 30 + TD's twice in his career. I dont see Hurts ever accomplishing either.

Two words: Playoff wins.

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

There's 3 guys on our team that I genuinely dislike being on the team. In order from most disliked to least, is Reagor, Barnett, and then Sanders. I would be very happy if all 3 never played another snap for us. 

I don’t dislike sanders. However i also think he’s not been nearly as good since his rookie year. His yards per carry has gotten better but he’s also decreased in rushing attempts each season. He went from 179 to 164 to 137. He’s regressed as a pass catcher. He’s also regressed as a pass blocker. And he’s very injury prone. Not sure what the eagles do with him going forward. I don’t see them wanting to break the bank on him even if he’s talented and they like him as he’s unreliable week to week. Plus if they don’t get his contract down now i could see a team in FA offering him something the eagles are uncomfortable paying. If the eagles had more picks in rounds 4-7 i think rb was likely a position they’d have targeted. 

Just now, Infam said:

Two words: Playoff wins.

10 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Only 2 playoff wins for Dak over last 6 years and those were in wildcard games.

The cowboys lack of playoff success has been going on long before Dak arrived. Bottom line, he's miles better than Hurts and if i had to pick one to go into this season with, it's Dak 1000/1000 times. 

2 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

The cowboys lack of playoff success has been going on long before Dak arrived. Bottom line, he's miles better than Hurts and if i had to pick one to go into this season with, it's Dak 1000/1000 times. 

bla bla bla

With all that offense the oh so mighty Dak has a single win in the playoffs in six years.

What a star! So impressive!

1 hour ago, KDUB1510 said:

Sounds about right. I guess if im looking on the brightside, he had about 8-10 TD's either called back or dropped last year which would've put him around 3400 yards & 24-26 TD's. That's pretty good for a first year starter. Hopefully he can prove me wrong because him being a legit duel threat is ideal. I just havent seen enough from him to make me think he will. 

But how many QBs have 6-8 a season slip away from someone else's fault? You are what your numbers say you are 

1 minute ago, KDUB1510 said:

i dislike Dak but he’s also had the disadvantage of two head coaches that really aren’t very good. The clapper Garrett and cross eyed mccarthy. Maybe it doesn’t happen, but I wouldn’t be shocked if sean Payton is going to Dallas in 2023. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t dislike sanders. However i also think he’s not been nearly as good since his rookie year. His yards per carry has gotten better but he’s also decreased in rushing attempts each season. He went from 179 to 164 to 137. He’s regressed as a pass catcher. He’s also regressed as a pass blocker. And he’s very injury prone. Not sure what the eagles do with him going forward. I don’t see them wanting to break the bank on him even if he’s talented and they like him as he’s unreliable week to week. Plus if they don’t get his contract down now i could see a team in FA offering him something the eagles are uncomfortable paying. If the eagles had more picks in rounds 4-7 i think rb was likely a position they’d have targeted. 

Yea yea tell us something we don't know. You would think Howie and staff would see they need a young downhill rusher north and south who can break tackles or at the most keep his feet moving for extra yards. The elusive back isn't winning games anymore like back in the day. We could've had dalvin cook never forget. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Can't imagine they don't just let Sanders walk after the season as a FA and draft a replacement.  Sanders is a cautionary tale against drafting RB too high.  Round 3-4 is a better range.  Gainwell isn't a feature RB, but I think he'll take some production from Sanders this year.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

bla bla bla

With all that offense the oh so mighty Dak has a single win in the playoffs.

What a star! So impressive!

You don't need to hate on Dak just because you love Hurts.

19 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Only 2 playoff wins for Dak over last 6 years and those were in wildcard games.

2018 and when?

3 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

You don't need to hate on Dak just because you love Hurts.

I don’t see the connection.

I don’t hate Dak, you guys love him for stats when in reality he is a big time loser.

Sirianni has earned way more credibility than Hurts.  Probably the biggest criticism of Sirianni is that he waited too long to go run-heavy because of Hurts' weaknesses.

Sirianni made adjustments, Hurts just ran in circles faster.

And btw Kotite inherited a playoff team. Sirianni inherited a dumpster fire.   

21 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Can't imagine they don't just let Sanders walk after the season as a FA and draft a replacement.  Sanders is a cautionary tale against drafting RB too high.  Round 3-4 is a better range.  Gainwell isn't a feature RB, but I think he'll take some production from Sanders this year.

The eagles 2018 running backs was the reason why they really looked into taking Sanders in the second round. that running back draft class was not very good according to most analysts. There were people questioning if there would even be a back taken in the second round and jacobs would be the only back taken in the first 2 rounds. in 2017 with what was considered a great rb class the eagles waited and got burned. I think the eagles did really love sanders. But were also afraid the same thing would happen if they waited to take a running back in a weaker draft class. 

Howie has earned some credit in my eyes. His road to redemption has begun.

12 minutes ago, Infam said:

2018 and when?

Philadelphia Eagles: Jalen Hurts 2021 Life-Size Foam Core Cutout - Off  – Fathead LLC  I just ordered this for you. Shipping it to your house.

You're right. I went through the Dallas wins and Daks years of service and messed up. Dak only has one playoff win.

Attention Blog Posters: See how easy it is to concede a point when you are wrong? (I was wrong. I said so. Done.)

Mike Tannenbaun hinted the idea of Tom Brady finding us as an attractive destination next year due to our offensive personnel and O-Line.

Even at 45 he can be massive upgrade, and as a FA signing, he will allow us to use our draft capital to solidify the defense.

If he shows interest, think Lowie jump at the opportunity?

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Anyone that hates Dak is only because he's black

I don't see color. To me he's just, Kirk Cousins #2.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Mike Tannenbaun hinted the idea of Tom Brady finding us as an attractive destination next year due to our offensive personnel and O-Line.

Even at 45 he can be massive upgrade, and as a FA signing, he will allow us to use our draft capital to solidify the defense.

If he shows interest, think Lowie jump at the opportunity?

He hates Philly I thought. Also probably wants to play in warmer climate. Miami would be perfect for him.

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

I don't see color. To me he's just, Kirk Cousins #2.

At best. Probably worse.

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Anyone that hates Dak is only because he's black

I don’t like him because he plays for the cowboys

Archived