EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, RLC said:

The Bucs are, rightfully, all-in this year. They are negative -37M in cap space for 2023...before accounting for any QBs. Incredibly, Brady has a 35M cap hit for the Bucs in 2023 that is guaranteed dead money. He already tried to leave the Bucs after 2 years, he's definitely gone after year 3.

How many teams can Brady realistically go to that a) have cap space b) have an offensive line c) will let him call the offense and d) have no established QB. The Colts would be the best fit, but there's no way after Deflategate. That leaves the Giants (no OL), the Lions (hard seeing Brady pick them), the Falcons, the Seahawks (OL TBD), the Dolphins and us. If he doesn't pick Miami, we're the best fit.

Jeffrey Lurie would absolutely sign up on Brady. He would make the money back on jersey sales alone.

I know there were rumblings about the Fins this year, but would Brady really want to go through the gauntlet of the AFC QBs?

With us, the NFC is crazy week, we're stacked at skill positions, with the best O-Line in the game. It does make sense...

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Honestly, Clowney probably did the Eagles a favor. If he doesn't get knocked out, they may not draft Hurts, then Wentz doesn't pout like a baby, and the Eagles are stuck with a malcontent. The Eagles were able to turn Wentz into a lot. It helped them get Smith and AJ Brown and more draft capital.

I don't think Hurts had anything to do with Wentz leaving.  Wentz would have been benched with a coat rack as backup QB, due to performance through the season.  Very few people were giddy with anticipation over what Hurts could provide down the stretch.  Don't forget -- Hurts was lousy down the stretch as well.

Wentz left because Doug wanted to move on from him, and Howie didn't have his back.  It was a mutual decision, and in the best interests of both parties financially.  

I can't believe you guys wanted this weirdo in the first

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He is kinda off. He's so good though 

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

Fits in with the loss of juju 

"I always considered myself a cold weather quarterback but … I mean, screw that. I never want to deal with that again,” Brady admitted on to Peyton and Eli Manning on Monday

And he is building a new home in SE FL

Wow that’s a hot take 

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

5 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Perfect fit for the Steelers.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wow that’s a hot take 

We coulda had him over Barnett 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t dislike sanders. However i also think he’s not been nearly as good since his rookie year. His yards per carry has gotten better but he’s also decreased in rushing attempts each season. He went from 179 to 164 to 137. He’s regressed as a pass catcher. He’s also regressed as a pass blocker. And he’s very injury prone. Not sure what the eagles do with him going forward. I don’t see them wanting to break the bank on him even if he’s talented and they like him as he’s unreliable week to week. Plus if they don’t get his contract down now i could see a team in FA offering him something the eagles are uncomfortable paying. If the eagles had more picks in rounds 4-7 i think rb was likely a position they’d have targeted. 

We need someone like Blount more than we need someone like Sanders

Not sure what’s so weird about that video, looks pretty normal to me

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wow that’s a hot take 

Good player but he's full of terrible takes. I've seen 2 or 3 others in the last month 

Brady’s going to San Fran or Miami, he isn’t playing for the Giants or the Eagles, besides, why would Brady come to Philly to back up Strong?    When there are 30 other teams he could start for. 

8 hours ago, Infam said:

That ‘killed us twice’ BS. They won a game early in the season and then played their starters against our third stringers. Congratulations.

Takes a Cowboy fan to warp that into two big wins.

It's not nothing and I don't feel convinced our defense is any better.  

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wow that’s a hot take 

The waffle fries are overrated and usually dry.  Bojangles has much better french fries.  

Just now, NCiggles said:

The waffle fries are overrated and usually dry.  Bojangles has much better french fries.  

That I’d agree with. I usually go their Mac n cheese for that reason. However their chicken is always good and i like their lemonade 

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What's he wearing? 

I’m not sure why he would leave Tampa  , they are a top offense , loaded with talent , a top 3 OL , a very good D , with young talent at all levels . Tax benefits , a players coach , owners who spend more time on their kickball team , ManU .

that said I think if he plays next year , he will be getting part ownership of that team .

6uz0539d6ax81.png

Dat 37m cap hit. Sheesh. Gonna need to extend or cut him before that kicks in.

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

For those who care about such things, AJ Brown contract now on the books.

Eagles have 10.84 million in cap room, Will be 7.5 million after rookies are signed.  I don't remember what the June 1 savings of the Cox release are, but will be added to the 7.5 million

2023 - before rookies are added ( the have a first year cap hit of 7.4 million, so more than that obviously), Eagles have 10.8 million in cap room with 44 players under contract

2024 - before rookies are added ( the have a first year cap hit of 7.4 million, so more than that obviously), Eagles have 29 million in cap room with 20 players under contract.

So what you’re saying is on top of all that our pets heads are falling off?

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

6uz0539d6ax81.png

Dat 37m cap hit. Sheesh. Gonna need to extend or cut him before that kicks in.

Either going to extend him at that point or release/trade him (where it’s 8.7 mil in dead money  and would save 28.96 mil) 

7 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

So what you’re saying is on top of all that our pets heads are falling off?

Looking at 2024, the cap is projected at 256 million.

We have half of the cap, 128.49 million already allocated to 6 players.  Lane Johnson, AJ Brown, Jordan Mailata, Haason Reddick, Dallas Goedert and Josh Sweat.

Thinking of pushing Strong for the LULZ. I don't think he would make it through one game before his knee is buckled, but irrationally rooting for him should be funny.

We already know he has better stats than Brady.

38 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

What's he wearing? 

A ski mask, I guess?

I'm starting to understand why NFL players get so many massages with posture like that though.

37 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don't go all RTK on us, by lumping everyone in one group.  

I didn't say everyone or "the blog". Just you guys because it was more than one.

Archived