EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Howie has earned some credit in my eyes. His road to redemption has begun.

The road is long

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Covid riddled teams and 3rd string QB’s got the Eagles the 7th seed.   

Kotite made the playoffs.  BTW.  

Kotite won a playoff game.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

The road is long

What a train wreck, Howie?!

Trade the erratic franchise QB. 

Biggest salary cap hit ever.

Fire the SuperBowl winning head coach.

Starting to see daylight at the end of the tunnel. 

Or is that another train?

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Kotite won a playoff game.

Ain’t that Rich…

33 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

FYP.

Lol I don't dislike JJAW. At least he has a decent attitude. The other three are just unlikeable d-bags quite frankly. 

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Mike Tannenbaun hinted the idea of Tom Brady finding us as an attractive destination next year due to our offensive personnel and O-Line.

Even at 45 he can be massive upgrade, and as a FA signing, he will allow us to use our draft capital to solidify the defense.

If he shows interest, think Lowie jump at the opportunity?

Well if we are bringing in brady in 2023 might as well bring in foles to be the backup…. 

14 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I don't see color. To me he's just, Kirk Cousins #2.

#2 ?  Racist

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

What does that have to do with anything

So if Dak went 34 for 35, 550 yards, 7 touchdowns, no interceptions but like 52-49 it's on Dak.

Such a dumb argument. Look at Josh Allen vs the chiefs last year. he got an L and literally had no chance

No wonder why I had you on mute

False.

Win it in regulation.  This isn't about Allen, but Buffalo, in general.   They played 60 minutes of football before the coin toss came.  If you win it in regulation, then it's a moot point about the coin toss.   If you kick deep and let 0 second run off the clock knowing they have 3 timeouts, then that's poor management by you.  If you play deep zone and give them 20 yard chunks and allowing them to just call timeout to preserve the clock and kick the tying FG, that's on you.  

Buffalo didn't lose the game because of the coin toss.  They lost the game because they failed to win it in regulation.  They had the game in hand and let it slip away.   You want to win, be better in Quarter 1.  Don't settle for 3 when you need 7.  Convert more 3rd downs and possess the ball longer.  Lots of ways that Buffalo lost the game, the coin toss wasn't the deciding factor.  That's not how football works.  That's how people who ignore defense look at it.  The Chiefs still had to march the field and score a TD on them.  Even holding them to a FG, and they couldn't get it done.  Too bad, so sad.  Not much different from the defense needing to keep a team out of the end zone on the final possession of regulation.  Football is a team sport.  The defense has to get stops to win.  This isn't the arena league.  Defense still matters, at least a little.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

False.

Win it in regulation.  This isn't about Allen, but Buffalo, in general.   They played 60 minutes of football before the coin toss came.  If you win it in regulation, then it's a moot point about the coin toss.   If you kick deep and let 0 second run off the clock knowing they have 3 timeouts, then that's poor management by you.  If you play deep zone and give them 20 yard chunks and allowing them to just call timeout to preserve the clock and kick the tying FG, that's on you.  

Buffalo didn't lose the game because of the coin toss.  They lost the game because they failed to win it in regulation.  They had the game in hand and let it slip away.   You want to win, be better in Quarter 1.  Don't settle for 3 when you need 7.  Convert more 3rd downs and possess the ball longer.  Lots of ways that Buffalo lost the game, the coin toss wasn't the deciding factor.  That's not how football works.  That's how people who ignore defense look at it.  The Chiefs still had to march the field and score a TD on them.  Even holding them to a FG, and they couldn't get it done.  Too bad, so sad.  Not much different from the defense needing to keep a team out of the end zone on the final possession of regulation.  Football is a team sport.  The defense has to get stops to win.  This isn't the arena league.  Defense still matters, at least a little.

I still can’t believe the bills defense allowed the chiefs to drive 44 yards in 10 seconds to set up a game tying field goal with 3 seconds left to send it to overtime.  

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

no one loves but lets use some facts and common sense. 

he's better than all 100-150 practice squad QB's in the league. he's better than the 32 back ups. 

and with out argument he's better than 20 starters. 

To say "he's not good" is Fing laughable. 

So in love with meaningless statistics.

And then you go with statements presented as facts.. No he’s not better than 20 starters. That’s your (laughable) opinion.

Here’s the facts: He puts up big numbers in regular season and then falls flat when playoffs start. He is a total loser on a monster contract and will be a main reason for Dallas to keep sucking.

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I still can’t believe the bills defense allowed the chiefs to drive 44 yards in 10 seconds to set up a game tying field goal with 3 seconds left to send it to overtime.  

I still can't believe they decided not to use a squib kick.

47 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Can't imagine they don't just let Sanders walk after the season as a FA and draft a replacement.  Sanders is a cautionary tale against drafting RB too high.  Round 3-4 is a better range.  Gainwell isn't a feature RB, but I think he'll take some production from Sanders this year.

I'm expecting Gainwell to be a much bigger factor this year. Also wouldn't be shocked if Howard was brought back to compete for a spot.

40 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Howie has earned some credit in my eyes. His road to redemption has begun.

The last two offseasons have gone pretty well...I'm still overall down on Howie but less so than I was pre-draft weekend.

If you could get him on a cheap deal, say one year like 5ish million, would anyone be interested in a one year deal for Clowney as insurance in case Graham looks shot coming back from the achilles?

I know they already re-signed Barnett, but he's Derek Fing Barnett. Just operate like he doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

If you could get him on a cheap deal, say one year like 5ish million, would anyone be interested in a one year deal for Clowney as insurance in case Graham looks shot coming back from the achilles?

I know they already re-signed Barnett, but he's Derek Fing Barnett. Just operate like he doesn't exist.

Rather give that $ for Bradberry if/when he becomes available.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Unfortunately we have away a good chunk of money to Barnett & Cox

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

No. Not only because he’s crazy old, he’d mess with our locker room. It took years to get the right mindset with high character guys, let’s just keep it that way.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

so if he stinks but puts up regular season numbers, what do you think of Jalen Hurts who cant put up regular season numbers or win in the playoffs?

If Hurts has one playoff win the next five years he’ll be a loser too in my book. 

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

No. Not only because he’s crazy old, he’d mess with our locker room. It took years to get the right mindset with high character guys, let’s just keep it that way.

He's 29, that's not "crazy old"

And I'm not sure he's a bad character guy. He's had some knocks about his motor, but I don't recall anyone ever calling him a bad person.

7 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

And I'm not sure he's a bad character guy. He's had some knocks about his motor, but I don't recall anyone ever calling him a bad person.

I still think he ended Wentz’s career. Still stand by that concussion being the thing that flipped his career on its head.

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The problem with Clowney and the reason he’s unsigned is a cheap deal by his standards would still be overpaying by everyone else’s.

43 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Mike Tannenbaun hinted the idea of Tom Brady finding us as an attractive destination next year due to our offensive personnel and O-Line.

Even at 45 he can be massive upgrade, and as a FA signing, he will allow us to use our draft capital to solidify the defense.

If he shows interest, think Lowie jump at the opportunity?

The Bucs are, rightfully, all-in this year. They are negative -37M in cap space for 2023...before accounting for any QBs. Incredibly, Brady has a 35M cap hit for the Bucs in 2023 that is guaranteed dead money. He already tried to leave the Bucs after 2 years, he's definitely gone after year 3.

How many teams can Brady realistically go to that a) have cap space b) have an offensive line c) will let him call the offense and d) have no established QB. The Colts would be the best fit, but there's no way after Deflategate. That leaves the Giants (no OL), the Lions (hard seeing Brady pick them), the Falcons, the Seahawks (OL TBD), the Dolphins and us. If he doesn't pick Miami, we're the best fit.

Jeffrey Lurie would absolutely sign up on Brady. He would make the money back on jersey sales alone.

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

I still think he ended Wentz’s career. Still lol stand by that concussion being the thing that flipped his career on its head.

Honestly, Clowney probably did the Eagles a favor. If he doesn't get knocked out, they may not draft Hurts, then Wentz doesn't pout like a baby, and the Eagles are stuck with a malcontent. The Eagles were able to turn Wentz into a lot. It helped them get Smith and AJ Brown and more draft capital.

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Maybe you are right. I was thinking I read about problems but can’t find it now.

I wonder though, with his production, why can’t he stay on teams if there are no character concerns?

For those who care about such things, AJ Brown contract now on the books.

Eagles have 10.84 million in cap room, Will be 7.5 million after rookies are signed.  I don't remember what the June 1 savings of the Cox release are, but will be added to the 7.5 million

2023 - before rookies are added ( the have a first year cap hit of 7.4 million, so more than that obviously), Eagles have 10.8 million in cap room with 44 players under contract

2024 - before rookies are added ( the have a first year cap hit of 7.4 million, so more than that obviously), Eagles have 29 million in cap room with 20 players under contract.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Honestly, Clowney probably did the Eagles a favor. If he doesn't get knocked out, they may not draft Hurts, then Wentz doesn't pout like a baby, and the Eagles are stuck with a malcontent. The Eagles were able to turn Wentz into a lot. It helped them get Smith and AJ Brown and more draft capital.

Agreed. For some reason every time Wentz gets hurt good things happen for us. 

Archived