EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Too bad your man crush Howie and his Sugar Daddy Lurie don’t care about what you say.  Evidence by their drafting of the position the past 6 years.  

Smith?

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like some of London's skill set, but he's almost too tall. I think he's going to be injury prone in the pro's. 

15 minutes ago, RLC said:

At London's size, running a 4.55 is a good time. 

He reportedly ran a 4.48 pre-injury, his pro comp Mike Evans ran a 4.53.

Will make for a fun combine, lots of WR and DBs, too bad Jameson and Metchie got injured.

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

That's what I keep reading from the draft guys. Both Kiper and McShay have him top 10, the NFLN guys have him 13 and 16, and PFF has him at #12.

If he runs a 40 is 4.4s I think he'll be a top 10 pick.

London has below average speed. High 4.5s at best

I want Williams or Burks, a great yac player is a perfect compliment to what we have right now.

57 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I watched a PFF podcast with a mock draft a few days ago. One of those PFF guys is crazy about London and has him as WR1 in the draft, and iirc he said that was the case even before Jameson Williams tore his ACL.

Since then, I have noticed a few other mocks with London as the first WR off the board. I think there was even one with us taking him and calling him the WR1 of the draft.

I love his RAC. He is so big, and runs determined to break away. Even after a contested catch with a DB right on him he has the strength to get away and start picking up extra yards. But.... there are entire highlight videos of him never being open even once. Honestly, I never even watched any more because I figured if hes not even open in his highlights, there cant be much more to see in non-highlights.

From what you say, maybe I need to look more.

I watched cut ups on YouTube against Notre Dame, Stanford and I forget the other. They have other games as well. I thought the Stanford game was meh. The Notre Dame game was nice. He won quite a few times when not targeted. 

I saw a comp to Brandon Marshall before I really watched him. Based on his reputation, I thought it was crazy. I can sort of see it now.

33 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I still feel that Jalen Hurts would never throw to him because he wont be open enough. Hurts doesnt anticipate. And he doesnt throw guys open. He needs to see them open before he lets it go. He will pretty much never see London open. 

Im not saying London cant have success. But Im pretty sure he wont have success in Philly with Hurts at QB. I think he will need the right QB who makes those throws. 

He caught a million screens. He’d fit perfectly with Hurts!

5 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Still, at Progressive, we won't charge you for comprehensive claims under $500 unless it happens multiple times.

• Allstate: $944 with no claim and $949 with one comprehensive claim
  • Farmers: $762 with no claim and $786 with one comprehensive claim
  • GEICO: $638 with or without a comprehensive claim
  • Liberty Mutual: $823 with no claim and $829 with one comprehensive claim
  • Nationwide: $673 with or without a comprehensive claim
  • Progressive: $802 with no claim and $908 with a comprehensive claim
  • State Farm: $656 with or without a comprehensive claim
  • USAA: $474 with or without a comprehensive claim

As I stated, if your insurer raises your rates due to a singular, one time comp claim, you need to switch providers immediately. 

So Geico, Nationwide, StateFarm and USAA don't rate them...

I currently have Progressive.  I had Allstate until late one night after closing the bar I worked at I was rear-ended while sitting at a red light.  After the collision I looked into my review and saw there were 4 people in the car and they were moving around taking the driver out of the driver's seat and another person was taking their place.  We got out and exchanged info.  Turned out they also had Allstate as their insurance company.  Allstate paid for the work on my car to get repaired (which was a body shop I could WALK to) and then a few to a handful of months later upped my rate by over $50/month.  When I called to ask why the steep raise in my rate they responded that my credit score had slipped so they had to up my rate.  I asked what my credit score had to do with my driving record and did I not pay them on time every month since I went with them and they couldn't give me an answer.  Told them to cancel my policy and I'd go online and have another within the hour.  THAT is how you lose a customer, Allstate.  Aholes!

So because they couldn't get money from another insurance company the decided to recoup their losses by banging me with a higher rate.  F Allstate, and Bruce Willis ("All-State, Auto Insur-ance" commercial song) and Hawk from Spenser For Hire.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nope.  I have made 4 avatar bets in here over the years.  I’m 4-0.  

When someone makes an outlandish proclamation like that, I can’t resist.  

I used to have an obnoxious coworker who was a Jeff Gordon Nascar fan. And every year he would proclaim he was going to win the Championship, so I goaded him hard about if he really believed that he would put his money where his mouth was. I was just tired of hearing him yammer on and on about Gordon, so I goaded him into betting $50 I said that he wouldn't win the championship. I mean the odds were with me, he had Gordon and I had everyone else. After 4 years of me taking his money he stopped betting.  :roll:

I did a similar thing to a obnoxious Cowboy fan, 2 years in a row, easier to get him to bite,  I bet him $50 they would not make the Superbowl, 🙂  He stopped after two years.. I mean I will almost always take an even $ bet when they have one team and I have 31 others. 

My former CEO and I had a bet about Tiger Woods long ago, after all his issues before the accident. He was going on and on about how Tiger was going to win another Major in the next 2 years. I took him for $200. Tiger did eventually win again, but that was long after. 

The only stupid bet I ever made was back in 2000 I bet a coworker Pittsburgh fan $50 that the Eagles would beat them. early in the third qtr we were down by a decent lead, and he called me to gloat. I got the last laugh we ended up winning in overtime 26-23

I dont gamble a lot, but I will normally take a bet when the odds are hugely in my favor. 

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nope.  I have made 4 avatar bets in here over the years.  I’m 4-0.  

When someone makes an outlandish proclamation like that, I can’t resist.  

Fair enough.  So can we expect more sex bondage unicorns?

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I still feel that Jalen Hurts would never throw to him because he wont be open enough. Hurts doesnt anticipate. And he doesnt throw guys open. He needs to see them open before he lets it go. He will pretty much never see London open. 

Im not saying London cant have success. But Im pretty sure he wont have success in Philly with Hurts at QB. I think he will need the right QB who makes those throws. 

If this doesn’t explain why Jalen Squirts shouldn’t be our QB I don’t know what will.  I’ve never even seen London play and I already know he would be useless with Hurts at QB.

Hurts can’t throw, he can’t go through progressions, and he can’t anticipate any routes.  Need 2 of those 3 at least and the last 2 go hand in hand. Peyton Manning and Brees are perfect examples of weaker arms, but they were abnormal pre-snap geniuses.  Hurts ducks his head (although he’s really still kind of a rookie) and runs backwards in a totally clean pocket, and he has steadily declined with both of those skill sets.  @downundermike for awareness. 😂

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

That's what I keep reading from the draft guys. Both Kiper and McShay have him top 10, the NFLN guys have him 13 and 16, and PFF has him at #12.

On his podcast, Kiper said he builds his mock based on what he’s hearing around the league. He can be a good soldier for agents sometimes, but he is plugged in to the league. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I watched cut ups on YouTube against Notre Dame, Stanford and I forget the other. They have other games as well. I thought the Stanford game was meh. The Notre Dame game was nice. He won quite a few times when not targeted. 

I saw a comp to Brandon Marshall before I really watched him. Based on his reputation, I thought it was crazy. I can sort of see it now.

I don't see the Marshall comp, more Mike Evans/Plaxico Buress.

Strength was a big part of Marshall's play and was a lot bigger.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

On his podcast, Kiper said he builds his mock based on what he’s hearing around the league. He can be a good soldier for agents sometimes, but he is plugged in to the league. 

Yeah, he also said he is hearing Willis will be the first QB off the board, something Schefter also reported.

Now that the pre-draft process is in swing, the analysts are getting feedback from their FO contacts.

5 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I currently have Progressive.  I had Allstate until late one night after closing the bar I worked at I was rear-ended while sitting at a red light.  After the collision I looked into my review and saw there were 4 people in the car and they were moving around taking the driver out of the driver's seat and another person was taking their place.  We got out and exchanged info.  Turned out they also had Allstate as their insurance company.  Allstate paid for the work on my car to get repaired (which was a body shop I could WALK to) and then a few to a handful of months later upped my rate by over $50/month.  When I called to ask why the steep raise in my rate they responded that my credit score had slipped so they had to up my rate.  I asked what my credit score had to do with my driving record and did I not pay them on time every month since I went with them and they couldn't give me an answer.  Told them to cancel my policy and I'd go online and have another within the hour.  THAT is how you lose a customer, Allstate.  Aholes!

So because they couldn't get money from another insurance company the decided to recoup their losses by banging me with a higher rate.  F Allstate, and Bruce Willis ("All-State, Auto Insur-ance" commercial song) and Hawk from Spenser For Hire.

image.gif.8d3d9680cf957dc753f085618983925c.gif

Here’s a tight end sleeper that I haven’t heard mentioned yet. Nebraska’s Austin Allen. He’s 6-7, 260 pounds with 34 inch arms. He is decently athletic.

He had 600 yards and was an all-Big Ten player, but no one really talks about him. 

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Too bad your man crush Howie and his Sugar Daddy Lurie don’t care about what you say.  Evidence by their drafting of the position the past 6 years.  

Actually, they seem to prefer either speed (Reagor) or size (JJAW), but not both.  

24 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Ill take that bet

14 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I used to have an obnoxious coworker who was a Jeff Gordon Nascar fan. And every year he would proclaim he was going to win the Championship, so I goaded him hard about if he really believed that he would put his money where his mouth was. I was just tired of hearing him yammer on and on about Gordon, so I goaded him into betting $50 I said that he wouldn't win the championship. I mean the odds were with me, he had Gordon and I had everyone else. After 4 years of me taking his money he stopped betting.  :roll:

I did a similar thing to a obnoxious Cowboy fan, 2 years in a row, easier to get him to bite,  I bet him $50 they would not make the Superbowl, 🙂  He stopped after two years.. I mean I will almost always take an even $ bet when they have one team and I have 31 others. 

My former CEO and I had a bet about Tiger Woods long ago, after all his issues before the accident. He was going on and on about how Tiger was going to win another Major in the next 2 years. I took him for $200. Tiger did eventually win again, but that was long after. 

The only stupid bet I ever made was back in 2000 I bet a coworker Pittsburgh fan $50 that the Eagles would beat them. early in the third qtr we were down by a decent lead, and he called me to gloat. I got the last laugh we ended up winning in overtime 26-23

I dont gamble a lot, but I will normally take a bet when the odds are hugely in my favor. 

JK green Guinness. I love your novels and I’ll be in Dublin in 4 weeks!  

9 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Wow you’re a mom, right

If I was I would stare at my saggy teets all day ****ot!  

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

I suspect we will see a focus on balanced offenses that utilize the run to set up the pass, both with the Eagles and throughout the NFL.  As defenses become lighter and DEs and LBs don’t excel at guarding the edges and having the size to combat the run, OCs will exploit that opportunity.  The nature of college ball is we are seeing a proliferation of shorter dual action QBs too.  That doesn’t mean that the run will dominate the pass but rather offenses will take what is given.   I believe given the diminished quality of defensive players that the Eagles exploited a run, ball control offense as much for the sake of the defense as Hurts.  I no way did I see this as a winning record team, much less a playoff team.  That doesn’t make me a believer that Hurts suddenly reads defenses and open players, learns pocket discipline and suddenly develops a quick trigger.  But this idea he cannot pass or read at all is ludicrous. I fully expect he is the QB for 2022.

Everyone except Chip Kelley knows a good winning formula is controlling time of possession and keeping the ball out of the opposing offense’s hands. I have seen some articles that show it’s not running to set up the pass, but it’s rather being good with play action that works best. I know the rams had some good success with Goff running play action. Maybe the Eagles could help and do the same for Hurts. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/finding-optimal-passrun-ratio

I’m not much of a believer in Hurts, but I also recognize its not impossible for him to improve. I think they should just roll with Hurts and Minshew next season and evaluate after. You will have your answer if he can take that leap.

I would really like to see Hurts stay in the pocket more and move around inside, move his eyes so the defense doesn’t know where he’s going. Don’t hesitate and just throw it, I feel he’s too afraid to make a mistake. We saw it every week with open receivers and bailing out of clean pockets. He showed at times he could do it, but way too inconsistent week to week and even play to play.

Not the most exciting highlight reel you’ll see, but I think for a late Day 3 guy he’s a decent bet to have a long career in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don’t forget the hands.  Must not have hands.  

Well, as long as they can block, or be converted to H-back.

Embiid doesn’t make sense right now as a player. He looks like he’s playing against my 7 year old nephew and his friends. I hate Ben Simmons more than any athlete that has ever stepped foot in Philly.  I’d like an open discussion on why Ben Simmons is such a **** while I go to bed and "mental health” is not an acceptable answer since that’s obviously not why he’s being such a huge V. 

Archived