EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Watched some Treylon Burks tonight. Impressive physical specimen, but there is absolutely no polish or nuance to his game. He’s all athlete. 

I have no confidence that we could get the most out of him in Philly with Aaron Moorehead as WR coach. 

Hard to get a beat on Burks' projection. I have seen him mocked as high as #9 overall to mid 2nd rounder.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Guys who've been checking out prospects, who are some of the biggest freaks in this year's draft? Like Cox, Lane, Mailata freakish size/athleticism combo.

Travon Walker from Gerogia is getting a lot of buzz as that kind of prospect.

Karlaftis is another D-Lineman expected to test really well.

17 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Guys who've been checking out prospects, who are some of the biggest freaks in this year's draft? Like Cox, Lane, Mailata freakish size/ 

Evan Neal

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Stoll is going to be just fine as a blocking TE who can make a couple catches.

If we look for a TE I want another guy who is a major threat in the passing game.

We need a QB if we’re gonna have a passing game

48 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

He had a bad rep at LSU, but no one cared because it was during the Tank. 
 Simmons never wanted to play for the Sixers, but he played well enough to get that 2nd contract, he wanted the celebrity part of basketball and used it to become rich, he could of made some waves to get traded to the Lakers or Clippers but didn’t, again because he didn’t care.  I guarantee Simmons is the reason Butler left, Butler called Simmons out on his lazy play, and Ben cried to management.  The Tank is a failure, as anyone with half a brain knew it would be, now they’re wasting Embiid  and he’s the one who should ask to be traded.
 F’ Simmons, Morey, and Morey’s butt buddy Hinkie, who probably Tanks pocket pool. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/shaq-destroys-sixers-crybaby-ben-simmons-tremendous-rant

The tank is a failure b/c the Sixers owner bowed to the league and hired BC.

Had they stuck with The Process they'd be a juggernaut.

OKC is following the Hinkie playbook further than he ever tried.

3 hours ago, Utebird said:

I used to be a dog person then I got married and my wife had two cats, we had one for 18 years, just put him down a couple months ago, I got really attached to him, having said that I am currently lying on my bed cuddled with my dog.

im an animal lover in general cats dogs doesnt matter. Some cats cats are just natural born a-holes but ill still find a way to love them..all of that being said, dogs are on a whole differnt level when it comes to the affection of an emotional bond..some cats but thats more hit or miss.

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And oddly enough it’s been one year today since we had to put our first family dog down.  Named Lito.  After Lito Sheppard.  

I got my first of 2 dogs in march just after sb win, i named him Pedey after Doug. 

3 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

I remember that and how some changed their avatar for that.  I never cried so much as the day I took my dog to a crematorium to have her burnt to ashes.  I still have them along with some of my father's and my sister's Akita.  My dad really loved both dogs, so fitting they are all together waiting to have  mine added.

i hold it together when people die, though havent had a whole lot of people really close to me die..but when one of my pets die, i absolutely lose it on an emotional level. 

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

Guys who've been checking out prospects, who are some of the biggest freaks in this year's draft? Like Cox, Lane, Mailata freakish size/athleticism combo.

Matt Araiza. This freak can punt the ball 80 yards repeatedly. 

12 hours ago, austinfan said:

Hate to say it, but you just described a lot of white, rural working class America.

Funny how economic depression and social dysfunction go hand in hand.

Nah, it's funny how govt hand outs and people not wanting to work go hand in hand with people who don't feel responsible for their own lives and family. 

7 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

Avant on his Q&A show today was asked about a Free Agent WR coming to Philly, he laughed and then went on a rant to the point of it being off putting from a guy that helped coach Eagles WR’s last season.  
 From the team having a rushing offense, to not being close to winning, and the QB play that pretty much stinks. Unless they’re overpaid, then why even consider the Eagles an option.  Then he names every QB he considers better than Hurts, and their teams. 

This is false. Of course, Avant got fired by the Eagles, so....

6 hours ago, austinfan said:

I’m still convinced it was a back room deal: Fire Hinkie and you get the #1 pick.

7 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Funny you mention Bell. I just watched him. I don’t think he’s all that similar to Smith, but I think he’s a well-rounded guy who can be an X. He has decent size. He can separate. He can make contested catches. Smith does all those things much better and in a smaller frame.

I liked Bell so much more than I expected. I’d be happy with him in round 2, and potentially he’s a good running mate for Smith. 

Incredible route runner,  easy separater. Excellent hands. Good speed. 

Love him in round 2. Just don't know if I love taking a WR that really. 

I think I like him more than either Ohio State guy though. 

I just remember last season when OSU played Alabama. I was high on Olave and thought maybe he could even shock people and outperform Smith in that game.  Smith stepped up with a big game.  Olave disappeared.  Now I have a little sour taste from him. 

6 hours ago, austinfan said:

My a__. "The Process” was a complete failure. 

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I like this version. Its even good on mute.

somehow I don't see my wife letting me play that for the grandkids

Gardner , Ridder , Sanders etc get the hype for the Bearcats , but Beavers is my favorite player on that team , heck of a athlete , who will kill it testing , bounced all over the defense all 3 levels at one time or another .love what he offers 

13 hours ago, austinfan said:

Are we getting the speed/size fetish again.

There was only one Randy Moss, one Calvin Johnson.

Being tall, being fast or even both doesn't make you a good WR.

How about some detail on routes, hands, high pointing, body control, run blocking, YAC, football IQ. You know, the package of skills you need to be a good NFL receiver.

Nah, we like short, slow, receivers that can't catch, that's what I've been accustomed to as an eagles fan

I am not saying I want this to happen or that it will

Suppose someone like Olave fell to our first pick. How pissed/excited would you be to take him?

Personally, given the QB situation and complete lack of talent on defense, I'd be pretty pissed.

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

I am not saying I want this to happen or that it will

Suppose someone like Olave fell to our first pick. How pissed/excited would you be to take him?

Personally, given the QB situation and complete lack of talent on defense, I'd be pretty pissed.

I assume he’ll be on the board after our first three picks. 

5 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Gardner , Ridder , Sanders etc get the hype for the Bearcats , but Beavers is my favorite player on that team , heck of a athlete , who will kill it testing , bounced all over the defense all 3 levels at one time or another .love what he offers 

Love Beavers too. I don't know how fast he will be,  but he does move well laterally for a LB his size.  

Have seen him compared to Zaven Collins who shot up boards last year.  No hype for Beavers yet. Maybe after the combine. 

10 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Not the most exciting highlight reel you’ll see, but I think for a late Day 3 guy he’s a decent bet to have a long career in the NFL.

Seems to have very good hands and gets open. Can't really say I like how easy he goes down for being a big guy. How is his blocking?

3 minutes ago, SB52 said:

This is a ridiculous statement.

No it’s not. They intentionally lost for half a decade and accomplished what? What’s ridiculous is the cult that followed Hinkie. 

10 hours ago, hputenis said:

Embiid doesn’t make sense right now as a player. He looks like he’s playing against my 7 year old nephew and his friends. I hate Ben Simmons more than any athlete that has ever stepped foot in Philly.  I’d like an open discussion on why Ben Simmons is such a **** while I go to bed and "mental health” is not an acceptable answer since that’s obviously not why he’s being such a huge V. 

Society and circumstances.

Archived