EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Speaking of New Zealand, it is near Australia, and that's where she lives...

nzjvRp4rWz8q-mEYdX31LsUW-N-ikFeR_hxpaB5U

my peepee feels funny

B8EE4020-CB9D-4D85-91E5-2172151BB46C.jpeg

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NCiggles said:

My concern isn't the school but the kids.  I don't know that school choice necessarily works for every kid.  Kids that have learning disability are often not supported at Charter schools or schools that can limit entry.  Those are the kids that aren't given fair opportunities.  They are also the kids that are among the most at risk of having a poor outcome in school limit their ability to function in society.  I think having better paid teachers and well researched curriculum works.  I also think  plenty of people home school kids for good reason and those kids should be supported as well.  Public school systems and public education should be geared to serve kids regardless of whether they are in public, charter, private or home instruction.  

I know a couple people who were home schooled and they are now both in the health care industry and making really good money and raising good families.  Local schools aren't the end all be all and most are political more than about educating the community.  In my town there was an incident within the last 5 years where the elementary school was discovered to have mold to a level that the kids couldn't go to the school for health reasons and had to go to the middle school to take classes in the gym for at least a few months.  The administrators knew of the problem with the mold, but tried to cover it up, cost the tax payers tens of thousands of dollars and none of them opted to resign.  They all should have been relieved of duty and new administration brought in, but there's a "good ol' boys network" in the town and they know the major politicians in town so they can keep collecting their fat salaries and benefits even though they outright lied to the people and cost them money. 

I used to know loads of school teachers as one of my good friend's sister was a grade school teacher and most of her friends were teachers.  Yeah, they sort of get the ish end of the stick most of the time.  Education is the foundation of a good and proper society and this country is sorely lacking in that, especially in inner city schools.  Career politicians would rather grease their own palms than do anything for the 'greater good'.  It's a decades long systematic problem. 

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Not the most exciting highlight reel you’ll see, but I think for a late Day 3 guy he’s a decent bet to have a long career in the NFL.

Sign me up for him or Jelani Woods out of Virginia

6 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

I'm done for the day friend, bout to go walk the dog and smoke that J! Peace and love to all!

Walking the dog and smoking a J sounds like such a nice relaxing way to spend an evening.  Though, at this point, I am more of an edibles kind of guy.

Good for you, sir.  Enjoy!

I think Stoll is going to be just fine as a blocking TE who can make a couple catches.

If we look for a TE I want another guy who is a major threat in the passing game.

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Yep. My favorites of his though are John Q, Man on Fire, Training Day and of course Remember the Titans.

Great film. 

"We are going to blitz ALL NIGHT.  And if they gain a single yard I'm going to take every last one of you out".

LEAVE NO DOUBT!

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Stoll is going to be just fine as a blocking TE who can make a couple catches.

If we look for a TE I want another guy who is a major threat in the passing game.

They need some more height to help out in the red zone. Goedert, JJAW, and Stoll are the only ones over 6 foot.

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm not too ashamed to admit there are a bunch.  

Marley and Me

Forrest Gump

Dogs Life

Dog movies are killer.  

Don't get me started. 

There are dog people and there are cat people.  To me there's no comparison.  Dogs rule.

10 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Don't get me started. 

There are dog people and there are cat people.  To me there's no comparison.  Dogs rule.

I used to be a dog person then I got married and my wife had two cats, we had one for 18 years, just put him down a couple months ago, I got really attached to him, having said that I am currently lying on my bed cuddled with my dog.

15 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I used to be a dog person then I got married and my wife had two cats, we had one for 18 years, just put him down a couple months ago, I got really attached to him, having said that I am currently lying on my bed cuddled with my dog.

I know lots of people who are cat people, mostly women (not casting aspersions) and have some a few cats while I've had a dog, but the relationship with a dog is much different than one with a cat.  Dogs are like children while cats are like Kato Kaelin.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And oddly enough it’s been one year today since we had to put our first family dog down.  Named Lito.  After Lito Sheppard.  

I remember that and how some changed their avatar for that.  I never cried so much as the day I took my dog to a crematorium to have her burnt to ashes.  I still have them along with some of my father's and my sister's Akita.  My dad really loved both dogs, so fitting they are all together waiting to have  mine added.

6 hours ago, austinfan said:

Remember, every year Howie creates cap room, then rolls over $10-20 M to the next season.

It's more about keeping his options open, but the NFL allows you to roll over money you don't spend, which is why his restructuring is less dramatic than people think.

From The Hunt For Red October: "I'm a politician so I kiss babies and steal their lollipops, but it also means that I keep my options open".

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And oddly enough it’s been one year today since we had to put our first family dog down.  Named Lito.  After Lito Sheppard.  

Sorry. Been there not easy. 

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Are we getting the speed/size fetish again.

There was only one Randy Moss, one Calvin Johnson.

Being tall, being fast or even both doesn't make you a good WR.

How about some detail on routes, hands, high pointing, body control, run blocking, YAC, football IQ. You know, the package of skills you need to be a good NFL receiver.

But does running well make you a good QB? Does drafting and average of half a decent player every two years make you a good GM? 

So.. WRs need football IQ, but QBs just need moxie and strong legs? 

Watched some Treylon Burks tonight. Impressive physical specimen, but there is absolutely no polish or nuance to his game. He’s all athlete. 

I have no confidence that we could get the most out of him in Philly with Aaron Moorehead as WR coach. 

42 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I know lots of people who are cat people, mostly women (not casting aspersions) and have some a few cats while I've had a dog, but the relationship with a dog is much different than one with a cat.  Dogs are like children while cats are like Kato Kaelin.

Our family had both cats and dogs during the time we lived on an acreage.  Both offer different things and both make fantastic companions if you raise them right.  

Dogs are truly Man’s Best Friend but they can be a hassle when you live in the city. Cats have personality and in my experience are more humorous to have around 

Watched Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave right after Burks and it was like they played a completely different position. Burks runs a million bubble screens and sort of runs around to space, while Wilson and Olave have purpose and pace to their route running. 

I’m not particularly excited about the thought of drafting a WR early (I would much prefer a vet), but the two Ohio State receivers look like early contributors and year 1 starters to me. 

Wilson might not be the X we need, but pairing him with Smith would be enticing. That would give us two players who can win at all three levels and can play inside and out. Wilson also fits Sirianni’s preference for getting the ball to his pass catchers within 5 yards, and yes good after the catch.

Olave isn’t as good with the ball in his hands, but he’s a nice route runner with speed to hurt teams. 

35 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Watched Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave right after Burks and it was like they played a completely different position. Burks runs a million bubble screens and sort of runs around to space, while Wilson and Olave have purpose and pace to their route running. 

I’m not particularly excited about the thought of drafting a WR early (I would much prefer a vet), but the two Ohio State receivers look like wary contributors and year 1 starters to me. 

Wilson might not be the X we need, but pairing him with Smith would be enticing. That would give us two players who can win at all three levels and can play inside and out. Wilson also fits Sirianni’s preference for getting the ball to his pass catchers within 5 yards, and yes good after the catch.

Olave isn’t as good with the ball in his hands, but he’s a nice route runner with speed to hurt teams. 

David Bell is the man. DeVonta Smith clone imo.

Watson is great on the Reagor package that Reagor could never make work. 

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

David Bell is the man. DeVonta Smith clone imo.

Watson is great on the Reagor package that Reagor could never make work. 

Funny you mention Bell. I just watched him. I don’t think he’s all that similar to Smith, but I think he’s a well-rounded guy who can be an X. He has decent size. He can separate. He can make contested catches. Smith does all those things much better and in a smaller frame.

I liked Bell so much more than I expected. I’d be happy with him in round 2, and potentially he’s a good running mate for Smith. 

32 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m not particularly excited about the thought of drafting a WR early (I would much prefer a vet), but the two Ohio State receivers look like wary contributors and year 1 starters to me. 

Avant on his Q&A show today was asked about a Free Agent WR coming to Philly, he laughed and then went on a rant to the point of it being off putting from a guy that helped coach Eagles WR’s last season.  
 From the team having a rushing offense, to not being close to winning, and the QB play that pretty much stinks. Unless they’re overpaid, then why even consider the Eagles an option.  Then he names every QB he considers better than Hurts, and their teams. 

Mikell’s response to Howie saying (Jalen is our guy going forward), was "Don’t believe a word he says,” lol. 

image.gif.382d218da1139f80cbedd9eb93e37638.gif

13 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Avant on his Q&A show today was asked about a Free Agent WR coming to Philly, he laughed and then went on a rant to the point of it being off putting from a guy that helped coach Eagles WR’s last season.  
 From the team having a rushing offense, to not being close to winning, and the QB play that pretty much stinks. Unless they’re overpaid, then why even consider the Eagles an option.  Then he names every QB he considers better than Hurts, and their teams. 

Mikell’s response to Howie saying (Jalen is our guy going forward), was "Don’t believe a word he says,” lol. 

image.gif.382d218da1139f80cbedd9eb93e37638.gif

I don’t even see a point in getting better WRs. We don’t utilize the ones we have. 

Yo yo yo 

Nick Foles is going to be a free agent. Bring back our super bowl mvp. 

but I know all you calksucking dbags would rather just whine and complain about a bunch of scrubs. 

BDN baby!!!! 

Guys who've been checking out prospects, who are some of the biggest freaks in this year's draft? Like Cox, Lane, Mailata freakish size/athleticism combo.

29 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yo yo yo 

Nick Foles is going to be a free agent. Bring back our super bowl mvp. 

but I know all you calksucking dbags would rather just whine and complain about a bunch of scrubs. 

BDN baby!!!! 

Honestly, why the freak not? Trade Hurts and Gardner and roll with him for a year. All the guy does is win SB when he comes back ;) Plus it will drive a few posters nuts. I love it.

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

Embiid doesn’t make sense right now as a player. He looks like he’s playing against my 7 year old nephew and his friends. I hate Ben Simmons more than any athlete that has ever stepped foot in Philly.  I’d like an open discussion on why Ben Simmons is such a **** while I go to bed and "mental health” is not an acceptable answer since that’s obviously not why he’s being such a huge V. 

He had a bad rep at LSU, but no one cared because it was during the Tank. 
 Simmons never wanted to play for the Sixers, but he played well enough to get that 2nd contract, he wanted the celebrity part of basketball and used it to become rich, he could of made some waves to get traded to the Lakers or Clippers but didn’t, again because he didn’t care.  I guarantee Simmons is the reason Butler left, Butler called Simmons out on his lazy play, and Ben cried to management.  The Tank is a failure, as anyone with half a brain knew it would be, now they’re wasting Embiid  and he’s the one who should ask to be traded.
 F’ Simmons, Morey, and Morey’s butt buddy Hinkie, who probably Tanks pocket pool. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/sixers/shaq-destroys-sixers-crybaby-ben-simmons-tremendous-rant

Archived