EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, greend said:

Seems to have very good hands and gets open. Can't really say I like how easy he goes down for being a big guy. How is his blocking?

Capable. I think he’ll end up a decent No. 2 TE who can be a nice target in the red zone. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burks my top WO , I think late first early second rd pick

Dotson , same area 

those 3 to 5 rounds  , I like Tolbert , Watson , Rambo ,Thornton , Thompkins , Emezie 

12 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I am not saying I want this to happen or that it will

Suppose someone like Olave fell to our first pick. How pissed/excited would you be to take him?

Personally, given the QB situation and complete lack of talent on defense, I'd be pretty pissed.

I agree and yet you can make a very logical argument to take them despite the qb situation

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Burks my top WO , I think late first early second rd pick

Burks could go 8th overall. You can see how the Falcons would want him to be their AJ Brown.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Burks could go 8th overall. You can see how the Falcons would want him to be their AJ Brown.

He could ,  not like it would be a major reach , he is talented as hell . I think after things shake out he goes at earliest around 25

Guest justrelax
15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Love Beavers too. I don't know how fast he will be,  but he does move well laterally for a LB his size.  

Have seen him compared to Zaven Collins who shot up boards last year.  No hype for Beavers yet. Maybe after the combine. 

I like him too. If runs under 4.6, look out. Get Alex Singleton out of here and play a guy who can close, stack, and run. Good length too. Would reduce some of those wide open underneath zones.

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Love Beavers too. I don't know how fast he will be,  but he does move well laterally for a LB his size.  

Have seen him compared to Zaven Collins who shot up boards last year.  No hype for Beavers yet. Maybe after the combine. 

Channing Tindall isn’t as big but I think he’ll be the fastest LB at the Combine.  He can be a really good sideline to sideline LB.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Care to make a friendly Avatar wager that he doesn't go in the top 20?  

I'll wait until after the combine. If he blows it up, he's going top 20.

If I was an owner hiring a head coach, I'd have to strongly lean towards an offensive mind. You get to keep him around to develop/bond with your QB, and the league just favors offense so much.

Looking at this years "final four", all are offensive head coaches. 

Last year, only Buffalo had a defensive head coach, but they were by and large in the conference championship due to their explosive offense. 

The year prior, again 3 of 4 were offensive guys, with Vrabel being the exception. 

And of course, the past 2 Super Bowls have featured offensive coaches. The last time a Super Bowl featured two defensive coaches was NE/Atlanta; and as with Buffalo last year, Atlanta was driven largely by their offense that year. 

I don't think hiring a defensive guy is necessarily a bad move, as there's a lot of other factors....but it would take an exceptional candidate to sway me, I think. 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Channing Tindall isn’t as big but I think he’ll be the fastest LB at the Combine.  He can be a really good sideline to sideline LB.

Yep , I have had him over Dean  and Wyatt over walker , Tindall would be in my top 5 at the position .

1 hour ago, RLC said:

This is false. Of course, Avant got fired by the Eagles, so....

I think he coached as part of a fellowship program that is just for the pre-season.  He didn't get hired on by the team but he wasn't fired.  

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think he coached as part of a fellowship program that is just for the pre-season.  He didn't get hired on by the team but he wasn't fired.  

Yep

11 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Beavers is the hybrid type than can also put his hand in the dirt,  and does a ton of things. Very versatile.  Not just a typical LB.

7 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Fair. His "Interview wasn't renewed" is more accurate. They still decided not to keep him...which should tell you something.

As for TEs none worthy of first rd pick  , IMO , my top rated TE , would be Jalen Wydermyer , followed by 

Laporta

Otton 

Mcbride

Kolar 

10 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

I know lots of people who are cat people, mostly women (not casting aspersions) and have some a few cats while I've had a dog, but the relationship with a dog is much different than one with a cat.  Dogs are like children while cats are like Kato Kaelin.

Yup some cats are like that my cats were weird, one would follow me on walks, slept in the bed with us, always following me around and bringing me dead animals, he was super social and would wander the neighborhood and everyone thought he was stray and would feed him, even had one neighbor come over after she found out he was our cat and apologize for taking him to the vet, he just made friends everywhere he went, another couple apologized for giving him " organic treats" ( edibles) he'd come home totally faded😄 another lady told us our cat would zoom with her mom in Brazil every week, another lady said he'd hang out with her while she was gardening, they all thought he was stray because he was born with a crooked tail and was so friendly, every where we lived he had about 5 families on the hook, when we put him down we had neighbors asking where he was and demanding an explanation as to why we put him down, he was a well loved cat and the most unique cat I ever met 

And yeah I love dogs as well even though my current one is a major pain in my butt 

With Burks, you have to take a look at his QB, KJ Jefferson. He has a similar play style to Hurts and Arkansas runs a lot of screens and short passes. Burks has the size and the speed, but he needs to work on his routes.

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Care to make a friendly Avatar wager that he doesn't go in the top 20?  

Get some help!!!!

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They need to invest some draft picks into the DBs. Howie can't continue to rely on scraping the bottom of the barrel and signings through FA. Slay is pretty darn good, but he's closer to the end of his career than the beginning.

I 100% agree someone will overpay for Barnett in FA. He has the stats you want to see and hes young, but his penalties are killers and horribly timed. His departure wouldn't be too bad, but the DL is getting up there in age too.

52 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I am not saying I want this to happen or that it will

Suppose someone like Olave fell to our first pick. How pissed/excited would you be to take him?

Personally, given the QB situation and complete lack of talent on defense, I'd be pretty pissed.

Who's the QB going to be?  That determines the answer to the question.   If its Hurts, Olave would be wasted here.

17 minutes ago, RLC said:

Fair. His "Interview wasn't renewed" is more accurate. They still decided not to keep him...which should tell you something.

He said on his podcast that he didn’t want to work assistant coaching hours for that pay, so it was more lifestyle than the Eagles not wanting him. 

22 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

As for TEs none worthy of first rd pick  , IMO , my top rated TE , would be Jalen Wydermyer , followed by 

Laporta

Otton 

Mcbride

Kolar 

LaPorta returned to school. 

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Haven't gotten past the 2nd round yet.  Embiid is great, but I would lean more towards it being a failure than a success.  Winning a playoff series isn't the ultimate goal.  

Yup.  That's a quite minor accomplishment in the grand scheme of things.  The goal of the process was to compete for a title.  Well, to do that, you need to get to the finals.  The Sixers haven't.  They got to the Conference Semi-finals against the Raptors... and were a quadruple bounce from getting to OT in that game.   That's not what that garbage product they put out there was supposed to get them.   Plenty of teams have gotten that far (and farther) without the tank.  The tank has been an abject failure, no ifs ands or buts about it.  All the tanking and the asset acquisition ultimately got them... Joel Embiid and a bunch of headaches/heartaches.  That's how you spell FAILURE.

38 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

If I was an owner hiring a head coach, I'd have to strongly lean towards an offensive mind. You get to keep him around to develop/bond with your QB, and the league just favors offense so much.

Looking at this years "final four", all are offensive head coaches. 

Last year, only Buffalo had a defensive head coach, but they were by and large in the conference championship due to their explosive offense. 

The year prior, again 3 of 4 were offensive guys, with Vrabel being the exception. 

And of course, the past 2 Super Bowls have featured offensive coaches. The last time a Super Bowl featured two defensive coaches was NE/Atlanta; and as with Buffalo last year, Atlanta was driven largely by their offense that year. 

I don't think hiring a defensive guy is necessarily a bad move, as there's a lot of other factors....but it would take an exceptional candidate to sway me, I think. 

I'm of the opposite mind, effective D never goes out of style and doesn't really evolve very quickly, offense innovates more quickly so I think it makes sense to have the steady d head coach and the flow of effective and innovative o coords under him to keep the ideas fresh

Archived