EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I'm surprised he's doing that when he doesn't get the choice for his QB

I fully expect the new regime to get a new starting QB this year or next. Depending on their cap situation they could be in play for Russ or Rodgers 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Best athlete in major sports I’ve seen in last 40 years. 

Neon Deion wasn't far behind.

30 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Miami took too long in deciding.

Giants are worrying me with their hires.  

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

I don't even care to break things down. A starting QB in this day and age with only 16 passing TDs in 15 games tells you all you need to know. And that's against the weakest strength of schedule in the league. No more stats needed. He sucks. 

That's kind of a stupid take, given he ran for 10 TDs.

So you're in the red zone, youir QB can force into a tight window or run to the pylon with a smaller risk of a turnover. Which do you choose? Ask Pete Carroll. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I fully expect the new regime to get a new starting QB this year or next. Depending on their cap situation they could be in play for Russ or Rodgers 

Cap isn’t great, but it’s doable. I think they stick with Jones for one more year though. They already publicly written off Watson.

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm surprised he's doing that when he doesn't get the choice for his QB

I’m guessing after this upcoming year If jones is bad, they likely picking high and allow him to get the QB he wants at that point. In Miami he was basically stuck with tua as well according to reports that Ross wants to go forward with tua 

Just now, austinfan said:

So you're in the red zone, youir QB can force into a tight window or run to the pylon with a smaller risk of a turnover. Which do you choose? Ask Pete Carroll. :whistle:

Give the ball to your power back.  Your QB should not be the power back.

7 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing after this upcoming year If jones is bad, they likely picking high and allow him to get the QB he wants at that point. In Miami he was basically stuck with tua as well according to reports that Ross wants to go forward with tua 

Would he even get a year if Jones if they move on from Jones? They've been moving on pretty quickly with HCs over the years. They haven't had stability since Coughlin

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Would he even get a year if Jones if they move on from Jones? They've been moving on pretty quickly with HCs over the years. They haven't had stability since Coughlin

Still gave judge 2 years. Shurmur got 2. Mcadoo got basically 2 as he got fired with 4 games left in year 2. I’m guessing he’s definitely getting 2 years at minimum 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Still gave judge 2 years. Shurmur got 2. Mcadoo got basically 2 as he got fired with 4 games left in year 2. I’m guessing he’s definitely getting 2 years at minimum 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

With his resume, he should probably get at least 3 seasons. Besides, giants have some talent & the two draft picks. Just a little time & they could become really good in a few years if Giants stay patient

16 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Josh Allen ran for 6, 4 less than Hurts.  He threw 20 more.

38 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Daboll is a good hire

I'd take the giants new gm and coach combo over ours. 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So how many decades do you think it'll be of trading up before the Eagles draft the next Allen/Mahomes?

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

So how many decades do you think it'll be of trading up before the Eagles draft the next Allen/Mahomes?

How many years are you planning on avoiding spending picks on a QB hoping you fix the defense into a great defense? Just to inform you the last stud/pro bowler caliber defensive player the eagles drafted was fletcher Cox. That’s the 2012 draft. That’s a decade 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

How many years are you planning on avoiding spending picks on a QB hoping you fix the defense into a great defense? 

Do you people not realize that the shelves are very bare when it comes to young talent that you can build around on defense?  Besides Sweat all good players on defense are 30+.  They have Maddox locked up but he's just a nickel corner.  Edwards is better than what they have at LB but they need actual linebackers.   We need an injection of young good talent at every level on the defense.  

11 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Hopefully we can find one in 2023. I don't watch college ball but I keep hearing it's going to be a good draft for QBs

Though if they take a chance on one this year and it works then that'd be great

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

How many years are you planning on avoiding spending picks on a QB hoping you fix the defense into a great defense? Just to inform you the last stud/pro bowler caliber defensive player the eagles drafted was fletcher Cox. That’s the 2012 draft. That’s a decade 

a good qb, hides a lot of problems, around the whole team, the eagles need a qb first, a good one, are we clear

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Do you people not realize that the shelves are very bare when it comes to young talent that you can build around on defense?  Besides Sweat all good players on defense are 30+.  They have Maddox locked up but he's just a nickel corner.  Edwards is better than what they have at LB but they need actual linebackers.   We need an injection of young good talent at every level on the defense.  

You do realize just cause they have 3 firsts doesn’t mean it’s all going defense. Nor does it mean they hit on all those picks. Furthermore they haven’t drafted a pro bowl defender since 2012 so they had a decade worth of chances and haven’t done it so excuses me if i don’t think it’s a freaking given you are building that type of defense just cause you have draft picks  

no one is saying they don’t. Unfortunately you believe just cause they have picks they are exclusively going defense and it’s a given they hit on it.

Again you dont just stop adding pieces defensively in the draft or FA just cause you trade or acquire a QB. Nor do every pick they have in the first 3 rounds just go to defense cause they need youth there. They should draft BPA cause teams tend to get themselves into trouble specifically drafting certain positions over BPA/value. 

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So basically... he ran for roughly half as many TDs, while throwing for more than double.   

44 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Giants are worrying me with their hires.  

I was worried too until you posted this.  Now I can take a deep breath with certainty that it won't work out.  

34 minutes ago, austinfan said:

How many decades will we wait until the Jalen Hurtses of the NFL will actually win a Super Bowl?    We've waited roughly 50+ years... how many more before a run first QB wins?  

25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Lol

I wouldn’t laugh yet. Maybe he can turn Jones around. They have a better QB situation than we do. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You do realize just cause they have 3 firsts doesn’t mean it’s all going defense. Nor does it mean they hit on all those picks. Furthermore they haven’t drafted a pro bowl defender since 2012 so they had a decade worth of chances and haven’t done it so excuses me if i don’t think it’s a freaking given you are building that type of defense just cause you have draft picks  

no one is saying they don’t. Unfortunately you believe just cause they have picks they are exclusively going defense and it’s a given they hit on it.

Again you dont just stop adding pieces defensively in the draft or FA just cause you trade or acquire a QB. Nor do every pick they have in the first 3 rounds just go to defense cause they need youth there. They should draft BPA cause teams tend to get themselves into trouble specifically drafting certain positions over BPA/value. 

They haven't drafted a pro bowl defender since 2012 so let's just not try to draft defenders and try to just have a really bad defense?  What?  Where at all have I said that given or indicated it would be a given that they will hit on their draft picks?  What a bizarre take.

They should focus on BPA on defense unless you have some real blue chip offensive player drop to one of your picks that you had projected being taken far earlier (but actually did scouting on unlike Dillard).  But they absolutely need to focus on defense in the draft whether that is using the picks to draft actual defensive players or trading one of the picks for a defensive veteran.  But they desperately need to start adding top young talent on defense.  They have been pumping young offensive talent into the offense but now it's time to start doing the same to the defense.

Team has no oline can’t even win the division 

Archived