EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Interesting:

10. I keep hearing people tell me how Jalen Hurts inflated his stats against bad teams and struggled against good teams. So instead of taking their word for it, I thought I’d check the numbers. And here’s what I found: In eight games vs. losing teams, Hurts had an 88.3 passer rating, and in seven games vs. winning teams he had an 86.2 passer rating. His completion percentage was a lot higher vs. losing teams (64.3 percent to 58.3 percent), but his TD-to-INT ratio was better against winning teams (8-3 vs. 8-6). He averaged 5.1 yards per rush vs. winning teams with 6 TDs and 6.3 vs. winning teams with 4 TDs. So much for that theory.

I don't even care to break things down. A starting QB in this day and age with only 16 passing TDs in 15 games tells you all you need to know. And that's against the weakest strength of schedule in the league. No more stats needed. He sucks. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Click watch and learn or live in your ignorance. Either way I couldn't care less

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I don't even care to break things down. A starting QB in this day and age with only 16 passing TDs in 15 games tells you all you need to know. And that's against the weakest strength of schedule in the league. No more stats needed. He sucks. 

Should also be concerning, not vindication, that he had an 8-6 TD-to-INT ratio against teams with a losing record. @Outlaw

Just now, greend said:

Click watch and learn or live in your ignorance. Either way I couldn't care less

What?

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Interesting:

10. I keep hearing people tell me how Jalen Hurts inflated his stats against bad teams and struggled against good teams. So instead of taking their word for it, I thought I’d check the numbers. And here’s what I found: In eight games vs. losing teams, Hurts had an 88.3 passer rating, and in seven games vs. winning teams he had an 86.2 passer rating. His completion percentage was a lot higher vs. losing teams (64.3 percent to 58.3 percent), but his TD-to-INT ratio was better against winning teams (8-3 vs. 8-6). He averaged 5.1 yards per rush vs. winning teams with 6 TDs and 6.3 vs. winning teams with 4 TDs. So much for that theory.

Some people might argue that his stats against winning teams might come at times when the game was out of reach or in garbage time.  

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Now see what it is without the garbage time stats against the cowboys, chiefs, raiders and Bucs games out. 

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Should also be concerning, not vindication, that he had an 8-6 TD-to-INT ratio against teams with a losing record. @Outlaw

Completely agreed with all of this. I'm not arguing Hurts is good. Just found the stats interesting.

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think you're not counting his rushing TDs.  

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

It’s not even that in the Dallas game they were down 41 to 14 and then they went moving the ball and got a touchdown. They were down 19 points and then got a touchdown with 8 seconds left against Kansas City. The Raiders they were down 19 with seven minutes left and got a meaningless hollow garbage time stat padding and td where the Raiders were soft defense defense. And then then the bucs game in the playoffs scored 15 points when you are down 31 to nothing in the 4th. The  bucs already knew the game was over. Like you know the stats are inflated against playoff teams they scored five touchdowns when they were down 19 or more points in every one of those games midway or late in the 4th quarter. 

Just now, Outlaw said:

Completely agreed with all of this. I'm not arguing Hurts is good. Just found the stats interesting.

I'm sorry we need someone to fight with you are now a Hurts hugging Howie slurper.  

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I’m very confused

The youtube video he posted was not showing up initially, now it is.

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Bo Jackson was an absolute beast.  No other way to describe it.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The youtube video he posted was not showing up initially, now it is.

Bo Jackson was an absolute beast.  No other way to describe it.

Ah thank you

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

so how great can I be if he was hurt, thanks for backing up my point. OVERRATED! 

how great can he be if ROzier out played him, out rushed him and out received him 

so by that logic, ANY running back in the history of the game with more yards/better stats than Mike Rozier is greater than both Rozier and Bo Jackson. Hello reggie bush, ryan matthews, natrone means, stephen davis... (fill in the blank average RB)

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think you're not counting his rushing TDs.  

I’m not

I don’t think having the QB with the most rushing TDs is a good thing. Unless of course all of his rush TDs are QB sneaks from the 1 yard line

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Not sure who the original passage was from that you quoted, but my reply back would ask what metrics they believe Hurts should reach for 2022 if he's to remain a starting QB.

11 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Not sure who the original passage was from that you quoted, but my reply back would ask what metrics they believe Hurts should reach for 2022 if he's to remain a starting QB.

The Rube, I mean Roob

42 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

How? Hurts barely improved under him and he was hired specifically because of Hurts

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

LOOK!

Facial Treatment - Znalezione GIFy | Gfycat

That is one of my favorite movies but this entire scene makes me cringe every time.  All the raping and debauchery doesn't even give me a goose bump.  🤪

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

How? Hurts barely improved under him and he was hired specifically because of Hurts

Hurts sucks, everyone gets graded on a curve

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Gannon is also hitting the interview trips.  Don't think either guy has set the league in fire this past season.

23 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I’m not

I don’t think having the QB with the most rushing TDs is a good thing. Unless of course all of his rush TDs are QB sneaks from the 1 yard line

I have reported your post for racism against rushing TDs.  

Archived