EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Barnett has been an under-the-radar really bad pick.  Both Marlon Humphrey and Jonathan Allen were taken very shortly after him.

TJ Watt and Tre'Davious White.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justrelax
3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't understand that one either. Maybe because at least Slay was playing like an all pro?

Maybe because he came close to making chicken salad out of chicken crap.  If you look at the stuff he had to work with, it was close to nothing. A lot of coaches can look great with great personnel. Truly great coaches can do something with almost nothing. Not to say he’s a great coach, I don’t know that, but right now I’d prefer him to Fangio, as I have said before. Fangio is a great DC but right now we need someone to coach young players up.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

TJ Watt and Tre'Davious White.

I loved white in that draft. Shame he got hurt for the bills this year. Really feel like that was a story not talked about enough going into last week. They had white for the first meeting.  him not out there last week was huge.  

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

That's not really saying much

Not the point. What I’m saying is they have a better QB situation than we do. With Daboll I’d expect to see improvement. 

Just now, WentzFan11 said:

Not the point. What I’m saying is they have a better QB situation than we do. With Daboll I’d expect to see improvement. 

If the giants actually fix their oline to be decent he likely sees improvement. The biggest issue imo on the giants is the crap oline. 

1 minute ago, WentzFan11 said:

I know. I was just making a joke

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Daboll declined to even interview with the Eagles last year. Takes a job with a far more dysfunctional organization this year.

Shows just how low candidates thought of the Eagles last offseason. Sheesh.

It's Howie.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I loved white in that draft. Shame he got hurt for the bills this year. Really feel like that was a story not talked about enough going into last week. They had white for the first meeting.  him not out there last week was huge.  

yup.  He was a guy I really liked after the Jones injury.  I admit, Jones was my favorite CB before his Achilles injury.  And... he came from a pedigree DB school... which is always a plus.

3 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Dunno if true, but…

I wonder if he's bored with the sport

How many years will it take for another QB to break all of his records?

4 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

The guy that helped Allen turn his potential to production... yeah, him landing in NY is a concern.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

yup.  He was a guy I really liked after the Jones injury.  I admit, Jones was my favorite CB before his Achilles injury.  And... he came from a pedigree DB school... which is always a plus.

I liked jones pre-injury. Not as much as Lattimore but it was really close. I do wonder if he’s ever fully recovered mentally from that happening. 

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

Still on Gannon. Name two Eagles who could have started on the Bucs’ defense. I’ll help. Slay.

Who else?

I would say hargrave over suh. But I’m probably wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

It's Howie.

Gettlemen is out in NY, and they hired a guy that was just in Buffalo.  The Giants aren't the same organization as they were last year.  They've taken some steps to change.

5 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Still on Gannon. Name two Eagles who could have started on the Bucs’ defense. I’ll help. Slay.

Who else?

How about on the Denver defense?

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

How about on the Denver defense?

If Denver gets rodgers that team is pretty good. I don’t know better than the chiefs but the chargers gave the chiefs issues this year. i think broncos with rodgers are better overall than the chargers. 

Does Denver have the cap to take Adams as well if he wanted to join Rodgers?

They'd probably be an instant contender

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Have $40.3 mil in space according to spotrac. I’m guessing they could restructure to make more. 

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think pascal is definitely in their wheelhouse in terms of price and has worked with sirianni before. Two lesser name guys that interest me are guyton and juann Jennings. I don’t think they move the needle enough.

curious to see if the eagles are in on fuller and the market is for fuller. He’s super injury prone but from Philly and still young. Unfortunately doesn’t fit with our QB’s arm. But maybe if the market is not good you get him on a one year prove it deal at a good price. 

Guyton and Jennings are both ERFAs. Pretty unlikely they will be available.  Wouldn’t want the injury risk of Fuller. 

58 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Where did i say dont draft defense? can you show me where i said that? Cause i didn’t. So making up arguments no one said. Cause i said you can add and get a QB. Just cause you acquire a QB doesnt mean you have nothing left and cant build a defense over the next couple years. It ain’t getting fixed in one offseason. There’s teams all over the league who haven’t had 3 firsts in a draft and able to accomplish fixing a defense. 

My point is just assuming they will hit on those picks is a flawed process as they’ve shown you they havent. So your they need to add youth doesn’t mean just cause they add those guys with those picks means the defense is gonna be fixed. Not fixed by 2023 either.  

No one is saying don’t add defensive talent in the draft and FA. However the take they couldn’t  add a QB, keep adding to the defense and eventually fix it is complete bs. Wanna talk about bizarre takes? That’s the route you want to go?

That's gold, you accuse me of making up arguments the very post after you are claiming I said it is a sure thing that they will hit on whoever they draft on defense.  There’s teams all over the league who haven’t had 3 firsts in a draft and able to accomplish fixing a defense.  Yeah okay, true but teams all over the league haven't had 3 first round picks in a single draft.  It's a unique opportunity in a defense heavy draft to have 3 first round picks when you desperately need to inject top young talent at all levels on the defense.  Then suddenly you have a young defensive core to go along with a young offensive core.  See what Hurts can do at QB in year 3 and year 2 in Sirianni's offense as well as a starter and if he doesn't take another leap in year 3 then they can move on at no cost and hopefully there are better QBs in the 2023 draft than the 2022 draft.  

16 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Adams, Jeudy, and Sutton with Rodgers at QB would be insane 

32 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Who else?

Maybe cox

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Maybe cox

Hargrave more likely than Cox, IMO.  Cox just doesn't have much any more.  He's not that guy anymore.

Archived