TD: 45

INT:29

Record: 12-26

Enjoy loving up Daniel Jones.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You're so eager to reach for a QB just to have a new QB and it won't work out like that.  Every draft goes by and all this blog wants to do is draft more and more offense.  

Read with the intention to understand.   This blog wants defense in the draft, some going so far as to suggest the Eagles will draft a LB in the 1st Round.  But we also want a QB that can read a defense, throw on time, throw receivers open...

I know this is a hard concept, but let's stop engaging with someone who's clearly and intentionally trolling the board.

It's pretty obvious when he gets into it with 99% of the board and was previously permanently banned.

Leave him to his bridge.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’ll have to be more specific 

I think he is referencing my Avatar. 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Daboll interviewed with Jets and Chargers who hired someone before Sirianni was hired.

Tough to really count a 45 min virtual webex discussion an interview. 

6 hours ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Deion Sanders is close I’d agree, just not the same strength/power. Not a fan of LeBron James but another genetic freak of an athlete I’d put in that category.

Some love needs to go to Mike Trout then if we talking about genetic freaks with size/speed/power/versatility.

8 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Sure in a vacuum...when you can suck for 2.5 quarters and then feast on prevent defenses when you're down big it'll inflate stats.

A little context for the Rube.  

Against Dallas - box score says:   25-39 for 326 yards... 2 TDs-2INTs.  86.1 Passer rating 

Dallas up 7-0.           First drive.          2-3 for 43 yards and 1 INT.   
DEFENSIVE TD.   
Tied at 7-7.               Second drive.     1-3 for 5 yards.  (3 and out).   
Still 7-7.                     Third drive.         1-2 for 9 yards.  1 run for -2 yards  (3 and out)   
Dallas up 14-7.         Fourth drive.      0-1 passing. 1 run for 2 yards (4 plays, then the punt). 
Dallas up 20-7.         Fifth drive.         3-3 for 45 yards.  1 run for 3 yards.  Sack on first down made it 2nd and 21. holding penalty made it 2nd and 31. 
                                                               Couldn't convert, but helps with the comp. pct and yards.

First half stats: 7 for 12 with 102 yards, 1 INT.   3 rushes for 3 yards. 

Second half starts with the Eagles getting the ball.
Dallas up 20-7         First drive.             1-2 for 28 yards... then a pick 6.
Dallas up 27-7.        Second drive.        0-1 passing.  2 rushes for 4 yards.   (3 and out)
Dallas up 27-7         Third drive.             4-5 for 71 yards.  1 TD!   3 rushes for 24 yards.    (Best drive of the game?  Down 20 in the 3rd qtr.) 
Dallas up 27-14.      Fourth drive.          1-3 for 4 yards.  (1 completed pass for no gain was called back by penalty). (3 and out)
Dallas up 34-14.      Fifth drive.              5-7 for 23 yards.  :blink:   Turnover on downs.
Dallas up 41-14.      Sixth drive.             8-8 for 73 yards  1 TD!    0 rushes.
Dallas up 41-21.      Seventh drive.        2-3 for 5 yards.   Turnover on downs.

Game ends.

Second half stats: 21-29 for 204 yards.  2 TD - 1 INT.   Much better half, amirite?
(Not sure why my numbers don't add to the totals... but its a minor detail, must be penalty related or whatnot.)

So, what tells the story of the game?    Was he just as good against Dallas as he was against... the Falcons where he was 27 for 35?  

9 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

Eagles job was a tough sell last year with the QB uncertainty. Daboll can say he loves Daniel Jones enough for Mara to believe it, but he can easily get rid of Jones after one year if he sucks.

Yeah but its not like the giants are an easy sell with all the two years turnovers gone through town…

anyway sucks they got a decent coach

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

A little context for the Rube.  

Against Dallas - box score says:   25-39 for 326 yards... 2 TDs-2INTs.  86.1 Passer rating 

Dallas up 7-0.           First drive.          2-3 for 43 yards and 1 INT.   
DEFENSIVE TD.   
Tied at 7-7.               Second drive.     1-3 for 5 yards.  (3 and out).   
Still 7-7.                     Third drive.         1-2 for 9 yards.  1 run for -2 yards  (3 and out)   
Dallas up 14-7.         Fourth drive.      0-1 passing. 1 run for 2 yards (4 plays, then the punt). 
Dallas up 20-7.         Fifth drive.         3-3 for 45 yards.  1 run for 3 yards.  Sack on first down made it 2nd and 21. holding penalty made it 2nd and 31. 
                                                               Couldn't convert, but helps with the comp. pct and yards.

First half stats: 7 for 12 with 102 yards, 1 INT.   3 rushes for 3 yards. 

Second half starts with the Eagles getting the ball.
Dallas up 20-7         First drive.             1-2 for 28 yards... then a pick 6.
Dallas up 27-7.        Second drive.        0-1 passing.  2 rushes for 4 yards.   (3 and out)
Dallas up 27-7         Third drive.             4-5 for 71 yards.  1 TD!   3 rushes for 24 yards.    (Best drive of the game?  Down 20 in the 3rd qtr.) 
Dallas up 27-14.      Fourth drive.          1-3 for 4 yards.  (1 completed pass for no gain was called back by penalty). (3 and out)
Dallas up 34-14.      Fifth drive.              5-7 for 23 yards.  :blink:   Turnover on downs.
Dallas up 41-14.      Sixth drive.             8-8 for 73 yards  1 TD!    0 rushes.
Dallas up 41-21.      Seventh drive.        2-3 for 5 yards.   Turnover on downs.

Game ends.

Second half stats: 21-29 for 204 yards.  2 TD - 1 INT.   Much better half, amirite?
(Not sure why my numbers don't add to the totals... but its a minor detail, must be penalty related or whatnot.)

So, what tells the story of the game?    Was he just as good against Dallas as he was against... the Falcons where he was 27 for 35?  

Yeah, Roob is unsurprisingly off the mark.

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

All the chatter will be amusing when the Eagles bring these QB prospects in for official visits 

Then it will all be smokescreens.

15 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Yeah, Roob is unsurprisingly off the mark.

If the Eagles had said that they were moving on from Hurts, he'd try to stat mine until he found reasons that that is the right move.  He's pretty much a FO shill.

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If the Eagles had said that they were moving on from Hurts, he'd try to stat mine until he found reasons that that is the right move.  He's pretty much a FO shill.

He’s just a guy who can tell good stories from a decade or two ago and is adept at using pro football reference.

His analysis is really bad. 

44 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Why can't he be a minority!?!??

If Saleh was a Lebanese Christian rather than a Muslim would the 49ers have gotten picks? 🤔

I’m still shocked there are so many openings days  before the senior bowl week 

And a very underwhelming list of candidates , guess we will see how it plays out a year or two from now .

and Brady needs to make his mind up , you’re coming back or your not , I think  he retires , what’s left to do ?

17 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Interesting:

10. I keep hearing people tell me how Jalen Hurts inflated his stats against bad teams and struggled against good teams. So instead of taking their word for it, I thought I’d check the numbers. And here’s what I found: In eight games vs. losing teams, Hurts had an 88.3 passer rating, and in seven games vs. winning teams he had an 86.2 passer rating. His completion percentage was a lot higher vs. losing teams (64.3 percent to 58.3 percent), but his TD-to-INT ratio was better against winning teams (8-3 vs. 8-6). He averaged 5.1 yards per rush vs. winning teams with 6 TDs and 6.3 vs. winning teams with 4 TDs. So much for that theory.

I could have told anyone that.  Hurts and his stats were unquestionably worse against bad teams…because that meant tight games and 4 quarters of playing defense.

He didn’t inflate his stats against bad teams.  He inflated his stats while down 3+ scores against very good teams with prevent defense.

I’d like to thank roob for proving the point I’ve been arguing all year.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Why can't he be a minority!?!??

I don't care about the picks. I just want him gone. I'd give the Texans a late rounder to take him. 

Key will be if hes gone that they get someone who will not be so vanilla and actually confuse the QB. 

23 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He’s just a guy who can tell good stories from a decade or two ago and is adept at using pro football reference.

I am not sure whether he believes what he says about sports.  He's a much better talking about music. 

34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

the next R diddy. stats guy. knows nothing about football.

Archived