EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

33 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Still on Gannon. Name two Eagles who could have started on the Bucs’ defense. I’ll help. Slay.

Who else?

Nate Gerry

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say how accurate this is but if true that's pretty absurd. Even with the increasing salary cap that's a whole lot of money for a single WR.

24 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's gold, you accuse me of making up arguments the very post after you are claiming I said it is a sure thing that they will hit on whoever they draft on defense.  There’s teams all over the league who haven’t had 3 firsts in a draft and able to accomplish fixing a defense.  Yeah okay, true but teams all over the league haven't had 3 first round picks in a single draft.  It's a unique opportunity in a defense heavy draft to have 3 first round picks when you desperately need to inject top young talent at all levels on the defense.  Then suddenly you have a young defensive core to go along with a young offensive core.  See what Hurts can do at QB in year 3 and year 2 in Sirianni's offense as well as a starter and if he doesn't take another leap in year 3 then they can move on at no cost and hopefully there are better QBs in the 2023 draft than the 2022 draft.  

you are just going to inject those defensive picks in the draft and suddenly turn out to be a good core. Which was my original point just drafting them doesn’t mean your core is fixed or even good. Just cause you have 3 first and picks doesn’t not mean they hit on them as their track record of drafting of defensively hasn’t been stellar. Which is why i mentioned Cox in 2012 first place. Which is why i can go offense with them or defense or trades with them. I’m not limiting myself to thinking we just draft heavy defense cause it’s a bigger need  

who says you can’t get a QB this year if you love one of them and help in building a defense with picks? It doesn’t have to be one or the other. You can do both. This it has to be one or the other is BS. 

2 minutes ago, metal said:

Can't say how accurate this is but if true that's pretty absurd. Even with the increasing salary cap that's a whole lot of money for a single WR.

That’s pretty crazy. But he does have a great resume & is a player that immediately transforms any offense who likely reaches the HOF,, he is 29 though. If he was a few years younger he might be able to get that. Maybe a team with a ton of cap space like Indy would overpay, but even then I doubt it

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

you are just going to inject those defensive picks in the draft and suddenly turn out to be a good core. Literally read what you just wrote. Which was my original point just taking them doesn’t mean your core is fixed or even good. Just cause you have 3 first and picks doesn’t not mean they hit on them as their track record of drafting of defensively hasn’t been stellar. Which is why i mentioned Cox in 2012 first place. 

again who says you can’t get a QB this year if you love one of them and build a defense with picks? It doesn’t have to be one or the other. You can do both if you wanted too. This it has to be one or the other is BS. 

You are pig wrestling.

7 minutes ago, metal said:

NFL probably needs to put in max contracts. 30 million a year is now approaching the max contract number of NBA players. But NBA has obviously far less players on a roster. How can NFL teams continue increasing to those amounts?

Yeah, the only way any WR is worth that kind of money is if the cap is $250M and you have an elite QB who can get the most out of him.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, the only way any WR is worth that kind of money is if the cap is $250M and you have an elite QB who can get the most out of him.

I’d go after one of the cheaper options or coming off injury where you get them on a deal if we add in FA. Otherwise I’d probably try to draft one when the value is good. 

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

you are just going to inject those defensive picks in the draft and suddenly turn out to be a good core. Which was my original point just drafting them doesn’t mean your core is fixed or even good. Just cause you have 3 first and picks doesn’t not mean they hit on them as their track record of drafting of defensively hasn’t been stellar. Which is why i mentioned Cox in 2012 first place. Which is why i can go offense with them or defense or trades with them. I’m not limiting myself to thinking we just draft heavy defense cause it’s a bigger need  

who says you can’t get a QB this year if you love one of them and help in building a defense with picks? It doesn’t have to be one or the other. You can do both. This it has to be one or the other is BS. 

You have to try and have faith in the picks.  The alternative you're pitching of not trying is not a good idea.  It's a defense heavy draft.  If ever there was a year for a team so absent of young talent on defense that had 3 first round draft picks then it would be this year.

You people are so desperate for a new QB, any QB, because of your Hurts hate you're trying to act like they are going to love a QB in this draft.  It's not a good QB draft.  

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d go after one of the cheaper options or coming off injury where you get them on a deal if we add in FA. Otherwise I’d probably try to draft one when the value is good. 

I'm on board with adding a FA WR. DJ Chark's name has been mentioned with us a couple times. I'd be happy with that.

20 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You have to try and have faith in the picks.  The alternative you're pitching of not trying is not a good idea.  It's a defense heavy draft.  If ever there was a year for a team so absent of young talent on defense that had 3 first round draft picks then it would be this year.

You people are so desperate for a new QB, any QB, because of your Hurts hate you're trying to act like they are going to love a QB in this draft.  It's not a good QB draft.  

Where again did i say dont draft defense or try to fix/add to the defense?

i don’t need to just draft defensive heavy just cause it’s a need right now. The defense isn’t being rebuilt in one year or one draft. It’s going to take more than that and i going to have future holes on offense that can also be addressed now so if the value is right. I’m not limiting myself to just defense cause it needs fixing right now and just saying well we did 2022 draft as defense it’s a good core now. just cause we draft heavy on defense does not mean all is fixed and we instantly have a good core. 

also who cares what we think on the board. If the eagles identify one of them as that then they should go after one. That’s always been my point. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Where again did i say dont draft defense? another narrative i didn’t say.

i don’t need to just draft defensive heavy just cause it’s a need right now. The defense isn’t being rebuilt in one year or one draft. It’s going to take more than that and i going to have future holes on offense that can also be addressed now so if the value is right. I’m not limiting myself to just defense cause it needs fixing right now and just saying well we did 2022 draft as defense it’s a good core now. just cause we draft heavy on defense does not mean all is fixed and we instantly have a good core. 

also who cares what we think on the board. If the eagles identify one of them as that then they should go after one. That’s always been my point. 

You have learned nothing.

La canfora is reporting it now with Brady. So he’s probably coming back. 

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You are getting Zach Pascal and you will like it! 

28 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Just go BPA. We've seen what happens when they draft for "need."

9 picks plus a Dillard trade plus free agency, they'll have plenty of opportunity to shore up the defense.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Just go BPA. We've seen what happens when they draft for "need."

9 picks plus a Dillard trade plus free agency, they'll have plenty of opportunity to shore up the defense.

For once i agree with you. Go BPA. That said I don’t think this defense is getting fixed in one offseason either. 

3 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Daboll declined to even interview with the Eagles last year. Takes a job with a far more dysfunctional organization this year.

Shows just how low candidates thought of the Eagles last offseason. Sheesh.

Once again you are wrong. 

Daboll declined to interview with any  team until the Bills were out of the playoffs. 

We hired Nick before the Bills lost. So no he did not just single out the Eagles. 

15 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Once again you are wrong. 

Daboll declined to interview with any  team until the Bills were out of the playoffs. 

We hired Nick before the Bills lost. So no he did not just single out the Eagles. 

Daboll interviewed with Jets and Chargers who hired someone before Sirianni was hired.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Daboll interviewed with Jets and Chargers who hired someone before Sirianni was hired.

Did those interviews happen before Doug was fired or after?

6 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Did those interviews happen before Doug was fired or after?

I think that was part of it, Eagles were late to the party. But there was also stuff out there about him not being interested in the Eagles.

Archived