EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

It was just last season when it was split on this board, do they take Sewell or Slater to protect Burrow, or draft Chase, his buddy and probably best WR in the class. 

I was almost sure they’d take Chase as they had just drafted Jonah Williams, but they did draft 3 OL last year — Jackson Carman, D’Ante Smith and Trey Hill.  Their OL is just really young.

If they lose to KC they’re still likely picking #30 in the draft.  Maybe they’re a team that would be looking to trade up for a OG.  Looks like Carman is a LT, so they wouldn’t be in the market for Dillard 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Hope you recover quickly.  

Thanks bro!  Appreciate it. 

Hoping I can get these lungs feeling better so I can get out of this house.  

11 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Day 6 of the Big O Covid for me.  Feel fine except for my pressure in my chest occasionally burning sensation.  Have plenty of energy, no cough or anything.  So ready for this to be over. 

For those that say that this is just a cold, they have no f'n idea what they are talking about.  Thursday night was the first time in my life like I might not make it.  I was breathing deeply but felt like I wasn't getting any O2.  Like breathing through a straw under water.  Scary as hell

That’s why I line up whenever I’m told I’m eligible for a vaccine/booster.  I’m not so much afraid of being in hospital or dying from it, but in my 50s now and don’t want any part of compromised lung/breathing function.

Hope you’re fully recovered soon 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

That’s why I line up whenever I’m told I’m eligible for a vaccine/booster.  I’m not so much afraid of being in hospital or dying from it, but in my 50s now and don’t want any part of compromised lung/breathing function.

Hope you’re fully recovered soon 

Yeah man, I tried to get the booster when I back in the States for Christmas but I was one week short of 6 months so they wouldn't give it to me.  In Mexico, they are just starting to give boosters to over 60.

20 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Day 6 of the Big O Covid for me.  Feel fine except for pressure in my chest occasionally burning sensation.  Have plenty of energy, no cough or anything.  So ready for this to be over. 

For those that say that this is just a cold, they have no f'n idea what they are talking about.  Thursday night was the first time in my life I felt like I might not make it.  I was breathing deeply but felt like I wasn't getting any O2.  Like breathing through a straw under water.  Scary as hell

It felt like a mild cold for me but I have 2 shots (no booster). Hits everyone different though.

9 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Leo Chenal  , is a first rd talent IMO , anything after is stealing .

Surprisingly enough, I like him a lot.  

Guest justrelax
16 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Leo Chenal  , is a first rd talent IMO , anything after is stealing .

Not a fan. He looks stiff to me. No change of direction. Big hitter, though. 

Of course I'm basing this pretty much off the Michigan game.

39 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Day 6 of the Big O Covid for me.  Feel fine except for pressure in my chest occasionally burning sensation.  Have plenty of energy, no cough or anything.  So ready for this to be over. 

For those that say that this is just a cold, they have no f'n idea what they are talking about.  Thursday night was the first time in my life I felt like I might not make it.  I was breathing deeply but felt like I wasn't getting any O2.  Like breathing through a straw under water.  Scary as hell

Seems to be different for everyone.   For me, it was just a cold, and took roughly 3-4 days to 'feel better', and another week or so to be over it.  For my wife, she had some extra symptoms that lasted about 2 weeks, and then had another week or so of lingering minor annoying symptoms.  

Meanwhile, a friend of ours just lost her father to it.  He was about 60, with health issues all his life.  Passed on Thursday.   There's no way to know how it will affect anyone until they get it.

Hope you get well soon.

19 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Not a fan. He looks stiff to me. No change of direction. Big hitter, though. 

Of course I'm basing this pretty much off the Michigan game.

34 olb for me , he can rush the passer and stop the run ,  top rated big 10 backer since 2014

athletic enough to improve in  other areas , lots of burst , I think he test well 

He along with ,Beavers , Tindall , Domann ,Asmoah make up backers I’m a fan of 

49 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

It was just last season when it was split on this board, do they take Sewell or Slater to protect Burrow, or draft Chase, his buddy and probably best WR in the class. 

I was surprised they did it but it kind of worked out. Chase is great and they'll likely fix the Oline in draft or FA. Burrow and Chase have been very fun to watch and will probably be a very nice duo for years

Guest justrelax
Just now, Original Sin said:

34 olb for me , he can rush the passer and stop the run ,  top rated big 10 backer since 2014

athletic enough to improve in  other areas , lots of burst , I think he test well 

He along with ,Beavers , Tindall , Domann ,Assmoah make up backers I’m a fan of 

I can see that. Not a fit for what the Eagles do so I should temper my judgment. I like Beavers a lot. Tindail too. Ignorant of Asamoah.

53 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Chase worked out as he’s become a great wide receiver. I loved Chase when he came out. I thought they would’ve been better off going Sewell or slater due to how bad that oline was. Sewell and Slater would’ve also been really good picks. Both of them played really well this year. Only reason why I wanted them to go oline was potentially getting Chase if we stayed at 6 but really I didn’t wanna see Joe Burrow have his career get Cut short because of line play. Really the bengals need to go out and fix that like. Cause that offense can go to another gear if they do. 

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Seems to be different for everyone.   For me, it was just a cold, and took roughly 3-4 days to 'feel better', and another week or so to be over it.  For my wife, she had some extra symptoms that lasted about 2 weeks, and then had another week or so of lingering minor annoying symptoms.  

Meanwhile, a friend of ours just lost her father to it.  He was about 60, with health issues all his life.  Passed on Thursday.   There's no way to know how it will affect anyone until they get it.

Hope you get well soon.

Same here. I got it 2 December's ago before the vaccines and for me it was like the flu. I was back to normal in about 4 days. Whole family got it. Wife had it a little worse but she gets bronchitis every Winter so that obviously didn't help. My oldest son was home from college and just had flu symptoms. Youngest kids (10 and 8 at the time) tested positive but just had sniffles. Worst part for me was the loss of taste and smell. Took me about 3 weeks to fully get it back. 

14 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I can see that. Not a fit for what the Eagles do so I should temper my judgment. I like Beavers a lot. Tindail too. Ignorant of Asamoah.

Asomoah reminds of David 

2 hours ago, RLC said:

There's no real innovation this year on offense or defense, but lots of teams do interesting/different things on defense (Patriots, Saints). It's ok to try.

And that's the biggest criticism.

Mcdermott was a disaster as a DC here because he went nuts trying to be exotic, creative, and innovative to fill JJ's shoes.  There is something to be said for calmly holding the line and sticking to your plan.  

But...when you are totally helpless to stop the opposing offense, as we were often this year, then...like you said...it's OK to try something different.  Mix up the front, the look, the coverages, blitz, etc.  You don't want to confuse our young defense, but they need to learn to move around the field and vary their assignments a bit too.

So that is a fair criticism.  

23 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Same here. I got it 2 December's ago before the vaccines and for me it was like the flu. I was back to normal in about 4 days. Whole family got it. Wife had it a little worse but she gets bronchitis every Winter so that obviously didn't help. My oldest son was home from college and just had flu symptoms. Youngest kids (10 and 8 at the time) tested positive but just had sniffles. Worst part for me was the loss of taste and smell. Took me about 3 weeks to fully get it back. 

Yeah, it seems like everybody has a different reaction.  Coincidentally my brother in New Mexico has it and had the same breathing issue as I did the same night.

There might be "cold" symptoms but this isn't just a cold.  I have never felt like I might not make it with a cold or flu.  And is really freaking scary and sad to think that so many people have died gasping for air like that.  

Thankfully, the worst part seems to be over and I'm back to feeling fine for the most part.

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

High praise.

I think he may actually play faster than David  , he really hustles out there .

Guest justrelax
3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I think he may actually play faster than David  , he really hustles out there .

I'll take aa closer look. Thanks.

Archived