EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

This is my biggest fear in the "trade back for a QB in 2023" strategy. QB needy teams get the top picks and tell the Eagles to buzz off with their trade package.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

For the league historians…look this up for me:

How many big name SB winning coaches have moved on years later and had success?  I would argue that their ego insisted on inflexibly doing what worked for them in a prior generation.

How many coaches who washed out in their first stint evolved and went on to have great success?  I think this is a better list than the one above.

AR is interesting in that he bridges the gap between those two groups.  He was a successful, big name coach…but he still never got over the top and washed out.

The first one is easy.  You just have to google how many NFL coaches won a superbowl with more than 1 team.

I dont know how the hell youd look up the other question. Seems like it would take a lot of time to research. 

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Yeah the PFN mock simulator seems like the least realistic.  Which is a shame cause it's the easiest to use with trades etc. 

I love TDN. If you pay for trades it probably has everything you would want. The format is pleasing to the eye. Big board always pretty darn good even if you can find an odd one here and there. Easy to use... but yeah.. you have to pay to trade. I dont pay. I think trades make them unrealistic. 

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

This is my biggest fear in the "trade back for a QB in 2023" strategy. QB needy teams get the top picks and tell the Eagles to buzz off with their trade package.

The Dolphins passing on Herbert is the real issue here.

They also could have lost to the Bengals in OT instead of won.

31 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

How many big name SB winning coaches have moved on years later and had success?  I would argue that their ego insisted on inflexibly doing what worked for them in a prior generation.  I think there is a long list of failures here.

How many coaches who washed out in their first stint evolved and went on to have great success?  I think this is a better list than the one above.

AR is interesting in that he bridges the gap between those two groups.  He was a successful, big name coach…but he still never got over the top and washed out.

Gibbs comes to mind, even had his second Go around with same team, I think that under that ownership he was bound to fail though.

Bill parcells never won a Superbowl without giants though he lost one with pats.

Other coaches like Dan Reeves took two teams to super bowls but never won one, he's HOF in my mind.

McCarthy won one with packers but I'm not sure he lasts much longer in Dallas 

Inretesting guy is Pederson, does he even ever get another HC job again??? the market for him was pretty cold.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Patriots fans hate McDaniels lol if you read their reddit.

They should hate their lack of weapons.

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

But the rest of us are willing to discuss opinions.  Saying something as fact and then hiding from an opposing opinions is troll like.

He's not hiding. He gives his opinion and moves on. Unlike me he doesn't spend 8 hours a day in here.

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

How many big name SB winning coaches have moved on years later and had success?  I would argue that their ego insisted on inflexibly doing what worked for them in a prior generation.  I think there is a long list of failures here.

I think Parcells was the closest. He won 2 rings with the Giants, took the Pats to the Super Bowl, then took the Jets to the AFC championship game with Testaverde. Can't really think of anyone else.

I think a few things have hurt Doug's chances. The NFL realizes how big Reich and Flip were to his success here. Wentz's regression is a real bad look. And there was some chatter even before the 2020 season that he was getting worn out. His staff probably wouldn't be very good either.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

They should hate their lack of weapons.

They think he runs an archaic offense that relies too heavily on screen passes. But yeah, their skill position talent is bad. Belichick the GM is beyond overrated.

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

A few, look it up yourself ya lazy schmuck

6 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

And yet they took Tua over Herbert. 

Goes to show you the FO was morons taking a QB that doesnt know how to read defenses or the field and looked at that favorite word NFL morons like to use.....Potential. Which a synonym for potential should be Bust. 

Anyone got a mid-late round RB target? Not a big priority but with Howard/Scott as FAs and Sander's future up in the air a late round shot might be in the cards. 

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The first one is easy.  You just have to google how many NFL coaches won a superbowl with more than 1 team.

I dont know how the hell youd look up the other question. Seems like it would take a lot of time to research. 

Easy... 0 (as Head Coaches).  Some have gotten back there, but none have actually won with a second team.  

Quite a few went on to win a Super Bowl in their 2nd stop.  Recently, the number is higher than the number who are first time hires.

I dominated.

Free agents, as I listed before- OLB/DE Reddick, DE- Turay, WR- Crowder, and some safety.... I dont know if Williams or Bates will actually hit the market.

The draft.

image.thumb.png.d05169023cb229f6a58faf2c207abad9.png

Lloyd and Reddick at LB will be an athletic playmaking duo with versatility. Lloyd can actually win as a rusher off the edge as well.

Smith, Crowder, and Pickens are 3 WRs who cant be covered. Quez is very promising too.

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I love TDN. If you pay for trades it probably has everything you would want. The format is pleasing to the eye. Big board always pretty darn good even if you can find an odd one here and there. Easy to use... but yeah.. you have to pay to trade. I dont pay. I think trades make them unrealistic. 

Bingo, trading on mocks is just not realistic. Does it add fun for the person doing them? Sure, but just not realistic so I wont do trades in them anymore. 

Anyone who pays for a site just to try is just as dumb as those who play madden and buy coins or what ever it is to try and build a better team. Just too many dumb people in this world. 

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Twist

Not that big of a twist cause the Miami beat writers (bears beat writersabout 2 weeks ago as well) have thought Ross was going to go all in cause he wanted him before he hired Flores a couple years back. 

6 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Anyone got a mid-late round RB target? Not a big priority but with Howard/Scott as FAs and Sander's future up in the air a late round shot might be in the cards. 

Brian Robinson Jr.
Zahir White
Hassan Haskins

7 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Love Cook out of Georgia for the Eagles. Nice runner, but even better receiver out of the backfield. I also love Brian Robinson Jr out of Alabama. Bama RBs just do well in the NFL. He is a nice option in a mid/late round. 

9 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Like a bunch - the challenge is being honest about which will go in the 3rd (a sizable investment) versus those that will actually be there in the 5th.

It’s crazy how bad AR still is with challenges/time outs. Anyone could see that was a terrible spot right away

Archived