EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I had a patient who was in the hospital for three weeks due to Covid. He told me he wasn’t vaccinated and said, "if Covid did that to me, imagine what that vaccine would have done.”

Yeah, the job is to take care of them and not to judge, but I’m judging the hell out of idiots like that. I can multitask well. 

Well, that is the objectively wrong approach, but we've all fallen into it before.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Well, that is the objectively wrong approach, but we've all fallen into it before.

Sure, but I can say with 100 percent confidence that my personal thoughts on his beliefs did not change my approach in helping him in any way. 

I’m sure that’s the case for most healthcare workers. 

1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

Not trying to start anything here but has it been proven yet that standard masks, not N95s, reduce transmission rates and actually provide protection? I would be interested if there was any research proving so. Again not saying I 100% doubt i but I haven’t seen anything conclusive to date.

I am talking about FFP2 and acording to the Max Planck Society chance of contracting covid after 20 minutes of close proximity to someone infected was at 0,1%. The article states that regular masks if well fit towards your face reduce risk to 10%.

They claim these numbers were very conservative and under real conditions may be 10-100 times lower. This was based on delta though. On the other hand without a mask even several meters away your chance was 90%…

Only got the german link to german national news media, sorry.. 

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/corona-ffp-masken-101.html

27 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I agree 100% with your wearing masks and washing hand points.  However, the New England Journal of Medicine disagrees with your final point. Here is what they published.

Before the emergence of the B.1.617.2 (delta) variant of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), vaccination reduced transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from vaccinated persons who became infected, potentially by reducing viral loads. 

It says before delta, so I would assume that this is negligible with Omicron. Given how vaccination no longer prevents you from falling ill from Covid anymore the viral loads probably are higher.

But even if it is not true as absolute like I stated it, the best way not to give other people covid for sure is a good mask worn properly. Nothing worse than vaccinated people without a care in the world.

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

I am talking about FFP2 and acording to the Max Planck Society chance of contracting covid after 20 minutes of close proximity to someone infected was at 0,1%. The article states that regular masks if well fit towards your face reduce risk to 10%.

They claim these numbers were very conservative and under real conditions may be 10-100 times lower. This was based on delta though. On the other hand without a mask even several meters away your chance was 90%…

Only got the german link to german national news media, sorry.. 

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/corona-ffp-masken-101.html

Does this study factor contact with vaccinated and unvaccinated folks ??  Vaccinated folks have a significantly less viral load.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Does this study factor contact with vaccinated and unvaccinated folks ??  Vaccinated folks have a significantly less viral load.

It says infected towards healthy unvaccinated wearing a mask.. 

But I would assume so given it‘s a serious science institute.

53 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I work in health care and know plenty. I've seen more than enough evidence first hand to form my opinion. This new variant runs through everyone like wildfire, vaccinated or not. 

You are assuming person to person. Faulty a priori assumption doing you in.

can tell you arent a doc…

20 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I would prefer to get Marcus Williams, though wouldn't be at all upset if they got Bates.

Agreed. Quande Diggs and Marcus Maye would be the next tier of FA safeties. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We are no longer in this together 

Yeah, the Eagles are eliminated. We’ll be in it together next year.

I know this likely isn't the first time he's been mentioned, but Tariq Woolen is worth keeping an eye on. Big corner with speed, arm length, vertical, etc...albeit relatively new to the position.

Not as popular as some of the other guys, but I like his potential a lot.

4 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

It’s been 2 whole years. No one is going to change anyones opinion about Covid. 

Hurts sucks. 

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men, you just can't reach.

So you get what we had here the last 2 years -- which is the way they want it. 

Well, they get it. 

And I don't like it anymore than you men.

3 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

It’s been 2 whole years. No one is going to change anyones opinion about Covid. 

Hurts sucks. 

As an alternative take on this post, it's been 2 whole years.  For anyone that doesn't understand that Hurts sucks by now, nothing will ever change their opinion.

Hurts is sort of like COVID.  No one really wants him here.  People debate just how harmless he actually is.  Many are concerned that neither is going anywhere for a while. 

The vaccine isn't great and makes you feel pretty crappy too, but it's still better than the disease.  And far too many want to be unvaccinated.  Much like the COVID variants, he just keeps coming back and getting more opportunities to develop.

12 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I know this likely isn't the first time he's been mentioned, but Tariq Woolen is worth keeping an eye on. Big corner with speed, arm length, vertical, etc...albeit relatively new to the position.

Not as popular as some of the other guys, but I like his potential a lot.

yeah. Im not sure I want him as high as he is going to go though. There are a lot of good corners in this class who faced better competition and have more experience. 

Projects like him never work out for us. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Hurts is sort of like COVID.  No one really wants him here.  People debate just how harmless he actually is.  Many are concerned that neither is going anywhere for a while. 

The vaccine isn't great and makes you feel pretty crappy too, but it's still better than the disease.  And far too many want to be unvaccinated.  Much like the COVID variants, he just keeps coming back and getting more opportunities to develop.

And far too many are way too extreme on their opinion of both. It’s rare to find someone even slightly in the grey

On 1/29/2022 at 8:20 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Why can't he be a minority!?!??

He's gotta have some native American back there somewhere, 1/16th or so.

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

And far too many are way too extreme on their opinion of both. It’s rare to find someone even slightly in the grey

The comparison breaks down when you consider that COVID travels well by air.

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

McCreary , Gordon and Emerson my 3 fav CBs 

Hill , McKinley and Pitre safeties 

really deep DB class 

Which safeties are interchangeable? Can come down in run support and play single high as needed?

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

Which three?

The ones that like Hurts and don't think Howie is a complete drafting moron.  

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. Im not sure I want him as high as he is going to go though. There are a lot of good corners in this class who faced better competition and have more experience. 

Projects like him never work out for us. 

That's my only concern. If he was around late, absolutely. 

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We are no longer in this together 

- One side was correct in that closing down all smaller stores and funneling all money (and the town’s entire population) to the stores of the country’s richest is a shockingly stupid idea.

- The other side was correct in that vaccines and masks save lives.

Both sides are going to die on their respective hills.

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Guess you havent been paying attention to the news lately. 

The hard core left is trying to cancel Bill Maher(moderate dem) because of his recent switch on Covid Topics. 

Bari Weiss(also fairly left) is also being canceled(or trying) because of the same episode. 

Like Ms. Cheney or any other Conservative is being canceled by the hard core right because they think Trump is a seditious rube?

Archived