EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

13 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

This forum would be so much better without 3 of the largest trolls.

f7a1569758f5ef59bad1642cd98d766f.png

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Infam said:

If you want to protect other people it‘s still about wearing masks and washing hands. Getting vaccinated doesn‘t help other people at all.

Not trying to start anything here but has it been proven yet that standard masks, not N95s, reduce transmission rates and actually provide protection? I would be interested if there was any research proving so. Again not saying I 100% doubt i but I haven’t seen anything conclusive to date.

2 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Not trying to start anything here but has it been proven yet that standard masks, not N95s, reduce transmission rates and actually provide protection? I would be interested if there was any research proving so. Again not saying I 100% doubt i but I haven’t seen anything conclusive to date.

From my understanding, medical masks (That have at least 2-4 layers) work fine as long as they are replaced every 3-4 hours. 

14 hours ago, austinfan said:

The flu is the same thing, I'm sure most of the people who had the flu in 1918 though it was just another cold, except of course, for the ones who died.

As I pointed out a couple years ago, 0.5% mortality doesn't sound that bad until you realize it's a one in two hundred chance of dying. And over 150M, a mere 750,000 dead.

Now Omicron fortunately has a lower mortality rate, and extremely low among those who are vaccinated (and lower if boosted), which means it's culling out the stupid. Because it's so contagious that probably over half the population will be infected by February. But that's luck. Could have been much worse.

But you never know, maybe the next flu variant, or COVID variant, or some other virus will be both highly contagious with a 5-10% mortality rate (as long as it can incubate a few days and make the host infectious before killing the host, the high mortality won't stop the spread) before an effective treatment is discovered (could take six months). Something like that will solve the anti-vaxer issue.

Now apply the same theory to social programs…

That's certainly one way to promote "group think/mob mentality."  Eliminate everyone with a counter-argument.  (Pretty much) the same mentality of most infamous dictators throughout history.  

4 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

Not sure if people realize, but you can be vaccinated and contract and transmit the virus just as unvaccinated can. 

You need to learn the important difference between possibility and probability…

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

I see we've reached the time of year when the blog turns into CVON/R&R until the draft. Neat.

image.jpeg.8dc82c79f786fae75f525e97bfaea979.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

You need to learn the important difference between possibility and probability…

I work in health care and know plenty. I've seen more than enough evidence first hand to form my opinion. This new variant runs through everyone like wildfire, vaccinated or not. 

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

image.jpeg.8dc82c79f786fae75f525e97bfaea979.jpeg

We got free-agency. Lots of interesting players for us to get.

I personally would pass on UFAs this year, but would love to somehow get Jessie Bates.

20 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Actually provides protection? I’m sure you can find a study on google, but folks have been wearing masks to prevent the transmission of disease for a long time.

BE4002BB-5A69-445E-ABDA-5DB48B1EBE27.jpeg

8 hours ago, austinfan said:

Would anyone miss you?

Nope. Different between us is people would be overjoyed you were gone.

33 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I work in health care and know plenty. I've seen more than enough evidence first hand to form my opinion. 

Since you're in the medical profession, you should be aware that vaccinated individuals (on average, in most cases) tend to have less severe symptoms (if any) and their average recovery time is substantially less than unvaccinated individuals.   This would lead one to understand that since the recovery time is substantially less, the window time for them being "contagious" to other individuals is also less; vs someone who is unvaccinated. 

Based on this evidence, vaccinated individuals would help society by being "contagious" for a shorter period of time; vs. someone who is unvaccinated.  (In most cases). 

3 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Not really.  

Would anyone miss you?

See below.  

2 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

We sure would.  He is in a dead heat with the blog trolls for who we would enjoy the most to have removed.

Which three?

You should be furious. I know that many of the health care people I deal with are, because they're tired of having their hospital crowded with people who are irresponsible, blocking care for people who need it, and endangering them and their families.

No.  My job…their job…is to take care of people, not to judge them.  I’ll take the moral high ground on what I do with my life.  You take the moral high ground on what to do with other people’s money and where they should live.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

No.  My job…their job…is to take care of people, not to judge them.  I’ll take the moral high ground on what I do with my life.  You take the moral high ground on what to do with other people’s money and where they should live.

I had a patient who was in the hospital for three weeks due to Covid. He told me he wasn’t vaccinated and said, "if Covid did that to me, imagine what that vaccine would have done.”

Yeah, the job is to take care of them and not to judge, but I’m judging the hell out of idiots like that. I can multitask well. 

9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Since you're in the medical profession, you should be aware that vaccinated individuals (on average, in most cases) tend to have less severe symptoms (if any) and their average recovery time is substantially less than unvaccinated individuals.   This would lead one to understand that since the recovery time is substantially less, the window time for them being "contagious" to other individuals is also less; vs someone who is unvaccinated. 

Based on this evidence, vaccinated individuals would help society by being "contagious" for a shorter period of time; than someone who is unvaccinated.  (In most cases). 

Ok, I never said anything against all that. All I said was, vaccinated can still contract and transmit. Especially this new variant. 
Back to mock draft world now. 

10 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Please stop...

1.  You have absolutely no clue WTF you're talking about.  Reading some articles doesn't make you an expert.

2. This was incredibly ignorant, shallow, disrespectful, and just plain a-holeish.

I respectfully disagree.  What he said was objectively logical.

4 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

Not sure if people realize, but you can be vaccinated and contract and transmit the virus just as unvaccinated can. 

That is factually correct, but the chances are massively reduced.

27 minutes ago, RLC said:

We got free-agency. Lots of interesting players for us to get.

I personally would pass on UFAs this year, but would love to somehow get Jessie Bates.

I would prefer to get Marcus Williams, though wouldn't be at all upset if they got Bates.

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I had a patient who was in the hospital for three weeks due to Covid. He told me he wasn’t vaccinated and said, "if Covid did that to me, imagine what that vaccine would have done.”

Yeah, the job is to take care of them and not to judge, but I’m judging the hell out of idiots like that. I can multitask well. 

Three cheers for vaccines, Omni and the road to herd immunity.

There are certain people who have a medical reason to not be vaccinated and they are exempt from the discussion.

Getting vaccinated is the right thing to do.  It reduces the severity of the illness for you (proven) and almost certainly reduces the possibility of transmitting it to others.

People make the wrong decisions in life for a variety of reasons.  We just had this compassionate discussion that many inmates are good people who made some bad decisions...and society needs to do more for them.  But unvaccinated people dying from COVID are getting what they deserve as the disease is culling the stupid?  Seriously?

You can be angry with them all you want; they are making the wrong decision.  But talk about bigoted, hypocritical politics.  Jeez.

4 hours ago, Infam said:

If you want to protect other people it‘s still about wearing masks and washing hands. Getting vaccinated doesn‘t help other people at all.

I agree 100% with your wearing masks and washing hand points.  However, the New England Journal of Medicine disagrees with your final point. Here is what they published.

Before the emergence of the B.1.617.2 (delta) variant of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), vaccination reduced transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from vaccinated persons who became infected, potentially by reducing viral loads. 

Archived