EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

See below.  

We sure would.  He is in a dead heat with the blog trolls for who we would enjoy the most to have removed.

Ah, speaking for the people I see. The party knows best. :whistle:

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Which safeties are interchangeable? Can come down in run support and play single high as needed?

Brisker

13 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

No, thats not what I said. My point was Rozier was a hard core bust and yet our performed Bo in the same time period. Compared Apples to Apples. Yet one guy is a legend(which I dont get) and the other guy is a bust). 

Once again, Rozier had 195 more yards than Bo Jackson over that 4 year period.

To get those 195 additional yards, it took him 216 more carries over 16 games.

He did not outperform Bo Jackson, we are talking a guy who averaged 3.8 yards per carry and 48.5 yards per game, vs Bo who averaged 5.4 yards per carry ( 2nd all time by a RB ) and 73.2 yards per game, tied for 31st all time, while sharing carries with Marcus Allen.

Your trolling has really gone to the next level since you returned from your suspension.

29 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men, you just can't reach.

So you get what we had here the last 2 years -- which is the way they want it. 

Well, they get it. 

And I don't like it anymore than you men.

I would prefer you use my preferred pronoun of Super Alien Robot God.

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

@downundermike, you asked for my resume and age, you got it, and never heard back on that subject. 

I never asked for your resume, I was merely curious how old you were.

Secondly, you said rates go up 100% of the time if your vehicle is stolen, ours did not when my wifes car was stolen.

6 minutes ago, justrelax said:

The converse is true.

No. If I stopped posting life would go on and nobody would notice and I've been here for like 23 years. Like I said others not being here would make it a lot more enjoyable. 

Just now, DEagle7 said:

There are no absolutes in life other than death, taxes, and Bacarty being wrong about stuff. 

What do you think is his all timer of being wrong ??  My favorite is still Reggie Brown.  Bacarty said he had 900 yards and never played again.  He did not have 900 yards, and he played in 40 more career games.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont understand what your trying to say?

He said it's been 2 years and your not going to change anyones mind about Covid. I just gave a specific answer of 2 very well known people changing their mind last week. 

You included the left canceling them for changing their mind so I thought it prudent you understand canceling is happening by the hard core right for those who have changed their minds.  

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Guy A had more yards than guy B. If anything the fact that Bo couldnt stay healthy, only played 30 some odd games backs up my point that he wasnt great. 

He may be the biggest flash in the pan ever. may be the biggest what if ever, but with 23 started games in his career... NO ONE CAN BE GREAT

You have said he could not stay healthy several times.  What the hell are you talking about ??  He only had 1 NFL injury, in a playoff game after his 4th season.

Are you saying he was injured and that is why he did not play 16 games any of his 4 years in the league ??

24 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

And far too many are way too extreme on their opinion of both. It’s rare to find someone even slightly in the grey

I was right with RTK at the start of last season saying to give Hurts a chance. I changed my tone after about 3-4 weeks. 

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

I would prefer you use my preferred pronoun of Super Alien Robot God.

We in the galactic cyborg continuum do not recognize the grievances of the super alien robot god.

Just now, Waiting4Someday said:

We in the galactic cyborg continuum do not recognize the grievances of the super alien robot god.

Well played.

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont think I said 100% of the time because they dont rerun the MVR's each renewal nor is anything 100% in insurance. 

With that being said, I'd say a solid 90% get rate bumps on comp claims.

You promised.  So a promise from you is only 90%.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:09 AM, Bacarty2 said:

I promise you, if you get your car stolen your rates going up

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

There are certain people who have a medical reason to not be vaccinated and they are exempt from the discussion.

Getting vaccinated is the right thing to do.  It reduces the severity of the illness for you (proven) and almost certainly reduces the possibility of transmitting it to others.

People make the wrong decisions in life for a variety of reasons.  We just had this compassionate discussion that many inmates are good people who made some bad decisions...and society needs to do more for them.  But unvaccinated people dying from COVID are getting what they deserve as the disease is culling the stupid?  Seriously?

You can be angry with them all you want; they are making the wrong decision.  But talk about bigoted, hypocritical politics.  Jeez.

I respect what you are saying. Of course, do no harm and treat the injured. I also understand a viewpoint that vaccine resistance can be bad for a society as a whole.  Having seen the impact on an elderly neighbor where her much needed back surgery was postponed because of a wave of unvaccinated Covid patients.  That impacted her quality of life for several months.  So I can understand the viewpoint that unvaccinated patients taking medical resources from others is seen as selfish.  In a way, it is.

I remember how my mother used the phrase "you kind of deserved that” and how she used that fits with those that choose to remain unvaccinated who ultimately fall ill.  Heck, the year I missed the flu vaccine at the start of flu season because I was "too busy” and came down with the flu hard, I probably muttered that phrase to myself.  Another that my dad liked to use, "well you kind of brought that on yourself.”  Not malicious but rather like the 40 year old dad that just died stating he wished he had gone to get the vaccine.  

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

what?

Im saying his career was cut EXTREMELY SHORT...EXTREMELY SHORT because of injury. And someone who only started 23 games in the NFL cant be great. 

It's ridiculous to think a guy who never won an mvp,(didnt even win rookie of the year) never won a superbowl, only played 1 pro bowl and was out of the league in 4 years is great. 

He had a freak injury, does not diminish how great he was.

You compared him to a guy who had 170 more yards than he did, and it took that game 200 more carries and 16 more games to get those 170 yards.  

If you do not see how idiotic that looks, then there is no help for you.

Bo Jackson is second all time in YPC by a running back.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Welp have fun arguing on the internet on a sunday afternoon. 

You help make it possible, so thank you.

Too many mental midgets here that consider anyone a troll who disagrees with the hive mind opinion in the echo chamber of this thread.  Fueled by the delusions that their opinions are actually undisputed facts.  

Years now of living in the seclusion of their homes scared of the outside world due to covid and thus their limited contact with the outside world coming mostly from this thread has only reinforced these delusions. 

35 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Hurts is sort of like COVID.  No one really wants him here.  People debate just how harmless he actually is.  Many are concerned that neither is going anywhere for a while. 

The vaccine isn't great and makes you feel pretty crappy too, but it's still better than the disease.  And far too many want to be unvaccinated.  Much like the COVID variants, he just keeps coming back and getting more opportunities to develop.

And sort of like Omicron, because it seems anyone can get it, seems inevitable although no one wants to get it and hope it’s not too bad.  Great analogy. 

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Welp have fun arguing on the internet on a sunday afternoon. 

I'm snowed in and have no choice.  But I'd still do my best to jump in and stir the pot remotely if I wasn't.

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Which safeties are interchangeable? Can come down in run support and play single high as needed?

A cpl of top of my head  IMO , Hill and Pitre , Weatherford , Joeseph obviously Hamilton , kid from TX A&M name I can’t remember 

Really good DB class

3 of the best returned to school , Battle , Catalon and Joeseph 

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

A cpl of top of my head  IMO , Hill and Pitre , Weatherford , Joeseph obviously Hamilton , kid from TX A&M name I can’t remember 

Really good DB class

3 of the best returned to school , Battle , Catalon and Joeseph 

I was disappointed Joseph and Battle didn’t declare.  Not a Brisker fan?

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I was disappointed Joseph and Battle didn’t declare.  Not a Brisker fan?

my bad , i forgot about him ...i think Pitre may be most underrated prospect in the draft , i love his game  , Mckinley not far behind , he might have the  best ball skills of all the safeties  in the draft

Archived