EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Given the depth in free agency I'd be surprised if we didn't nab at least one DB and WR.  At least I hope so. Takes at least some of the pressure off the draft so we can address the lines and EDGE.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Infam said:

It says before delta, so I would assume that this is negligible with Omicron. Given how vaccination no longer prevents you from falling ill from Covid anymore the viral loads probably are higher.

But even if it is not true as absolute like I stated it, the best way not to give other people covid for sure is a good mask worn properly. Nothing worse than vaccinated people without a care in the world.

Agreed

Guest justrelax
19 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Too many mental midgets here that consider anyone a troll who disagrees with the hive mind opinion in the echo chamber of this thread.  Fueled by the delusions that their opinions are actually undisputed facts.  

Years now of living in the seclusion of their homes scared of the outside world due to covid and thus their limited contact with the outside world coming mostly from this thread has have only reinforced these delusions. 

This is a Grammar Police intervention. Your first two sentences are, in fact, not sentences. In the third, the verb should agree with the subject. In terms of content, I would suggest that trolls do not live in hives.

But then, what do I know? I am but a lowly mental midget although, as midgets go, I am outsized, being 6'5".

21 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Too many mental midgets here that consider anyone a troll who disagrees with the hive mind opinion in the echo chamber of this thread.  Fueled by the delusions that their opinions are actually undisputed facts.  

Years now of living in the seclusion of their homes scared of the outside world due to covid and thus their limited contact with the outside world coming mostly from this thread has only reinforced these delusions. 

Regarding your 2nd paragraph, I don't think you have an accurate handle on the mental midgets you lovingly adore and admire.  Of course, in my limited experience,  it is usually the mightiest of midgets declaring others to be the mightiest midgets.

Personally, I enjoy reading the differing opinions, sometimes offering reasonable counter arguments,  sometimes offering sarcastic or intentionally provoking arguments.   Truly helps my mind relax during my long and frequently stressful work days.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

And far too many are way too extreme on their opinion of both. It’s rare to find someone even slightly in the grey

At age 74 I have lots of grey.

11 minutes ago, justrelax said:

This is a Grammar Police intervention. Your first two sentences are, in fact, not sentences. In the third, the verb should agree with the subject. In terms of content, I would suggest that trolls do not live in hives.

But then, what do I know? I am but a lowly mental midget although, as midgets go, I am outsized, being 6'5".

While I dislike almost all of your non football posts, that was nearly a clinic on the usage of commas.  I am pretty sure you might want to put one before although to fully block off that parenthetical phrase.

5 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Given the depth in free agency I'd be surprised if we didn't nab at least one DB and WR.  At least I hope so. 

I definitely hope we sign a FA WR bit think it could be a tough sell.  I also have a fantasy we make some fancy draft day trades and end up with two DE and two CB- I'd be happy with two of Karlaftis, Ojabo, Johnson, Walker, Enagbare, or Ebeketie at DE and two of Gardner, McCreary, Elam, McDuffie, Gordon, or Emerson.  

Obviously we'd be trading back to do this so I didn't include Hutchinson, Thibs, Stingley and Booth as I think they are all top 10 guys.

57 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Again, just because you disagree with something(more times than not I'm proven right) I'm a troll. 

Some of the "hot topics" I started...

Doug is a terrible coach, It's taken some time but with 2 years and no job(little interviews) I think people are opening their eyes. 

I said to cut Jalen Reagor going into the season. YoU CaNT dO iT! He mAY cHanGE anD gROw lol

I said that your comp rate will go up with a claim most times. @TorontoEagle yelled at me and called me names until he was blue in the face all to post an article telling me i'm right.

@downundermike, you asked for my resume and age, you got it, and never heard back on that subject. 

My latest and great "troll" move is that Bo Jackson is overrated. I still stand by this. you cant be GREAT and only play for 3 1/2 years. It's funny with the franchise QB convo's on here, and the Hall of Fame convo's people have said 3 years isnt enough time to be great, to be a franchise quy, but yet here we are claiming a dude who had plays 38 games is great lol

Dude you argue in the most disingenuous way possible, that’s why you’re a troll. Your takes are dumb at times (see, Bo Jackson), but if you just could resist flying into hyperbole every argument you’d be a lot more interesting.

In our insurance discussion you kept using a scenario of a guy having his $60k car stolen over and over again for some reason. In that unlikely event, yeah his insurance will go up because clearly there’s an issue there.

Here’s how it works, in very basic terms. Comp claims cover a lot of different occurrences, essentially acts of god or non collision claims. In a rural area, the actuaries figure out how many animal hits there are in a given time frame, how much on average an animal hit claim costs, and then work their magic to figure out how much insurance to charge. When they add up all the comp type claims, you pay a price for comp coverage in your area.

So in the city, theft claims are likely the highest paid out comp claims, due to the frequency and severity (a replacement of the stolen vehicle). If, over the course of let’s say a year, they notice there’s a large increase in the number of thefts or animal hits in a given area, they’ll adjust the rates accordingly. Up here they have to file rates with a governing body, and can only do so every few years.

Its absurd to charge a customer even a $5 increase for one singular comp claim, as even over 12 months, that extra $60 is a mere drop in the bucket. Sure, you can argue that if you have enough of those drops it can be significant, but there’s a fine line in trying to retain customers. That’s why I have continually said that if your insurer charges you for a singular comp claim, you should immediately switch companies. And I’ve never heard of an insurer non renewing based on comp claims which you also claimed. It would be extremely exceptional for it to happen, as the underwriters would deem the risk unacceptable. On comp claims alone, it’s unheard of.

Collision coverage and claims are far more costly due to the injury side.

56 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Brisker

Would love to see his name called by the Eagles.   Somehow, I doubt it will.

Guest justrelax
20 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

While I dislike almost all of your non football posts, that was nearly a clinic on the usage of commas.  I am pretty sure you might want to put one before although to fully block off that parenthetical phrase.

You are correct. 

I am sorry that you don't like my non-football posts (note the added hyphen). I will try to do better.

37 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Given the depth in free agency I'd be surprised if we didn't nab at least one DB and WR.  At least I hope so. Takes at least some of the pressure off the draft so we can address the lines and EDGE.

I would like Reddick, a DE like Turay, a S, and if we have to settle at WR Ill take Crowder for the slot. 

In the draft Lloyd, a DE like Travon Walker, and Im torn with the 3rd 1st. Brisker, a CB, or... Pickens. I know people will say thats a reach after the injury, but Ive refreshed my memory of him over the last few days and he is the real deal. 

3 minutes ago, justrelax said:

You are correct. 

I am sorry that you don't like my non-football posts (note the added hyphen). I will try to do better.

That was a truly beautiful use of commas.  One omission is quite understandable.  I put …….. to delineate half my thoughts.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Years now of living in the seclusion of their homes scared of the outside world due to covid and thus their limited contact with the outside world coming mostly from this thread has only reinforced these delusions. 

Discussing differing opinions and trolling are two separate things, you do not know the difference.

And this post is rich coming from the guy who has more than half the blog on ignore because he can not handle a differing opinion.  You are the biggest mental midget here.

Just now, RLC said:

Nick Sirianni may prove to be unsuccessful, despite a good year 1, but thankfully we passed on McDaniels.

Yeah, McDaniels might have learned from his previous missteps, but I had no interest in finding out in Philly. 

Will be fun to see everyone retroactively rip Howie again if McDaniels has a great year next season and saying Howie missed another one.

The Raiders job seems like the perfect situation for McDaniels. He gets personnel control, a truckload of money, a relatively high profile job, and, most importantly, a QB.

54 minutes ago, justrelax said:

6'5"😳 that's closer to troll than midget 😉

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We are no longer in this together 

We never were. 

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

No. If I stopped posting life would go on and nobody would notice and I've been here for like 23 years. Like I said others not being here would make it a lot more enjoyable. 

Afan can be annoying sometimes but he is not a troll and yes he would be missed.

20 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That was a truly beautiful use of commas.  One omission is quite understandable.  I put …….. to delineate half my thoughts.

I thought ..... were your thoughts.   

1 minute ago, greend said:

Afan can be annoying sometimes but he is not a troll and yes he would be missed.

This is correct.

3 minutes ago, greend said:

I disagree.  He posts like his opinion is fact, does not want to discuss his opinion with anyone, and runs and hides when proven wrong.  

Archived