EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Josh McDaniels flamed out in Denver + backed out of Indy. That's how elite of an OC he is to still get a HC job. Does that mean he's a good HC? Tough question...

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RLC said:

Nick Sirianni may prove to be unsuccessful, despite a good year 1, but thankfully we passed on McDaniels.

I thought he was waiting for the Pats job?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I disagree.  He posts like his opinion is fact, does not want to discuss his opinion with anyone, and runs and hides when proven wrong.  

He does do that quite often and that doesn't equal Troll.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I disagree.  He posts like his opinion is fact, does not want to discuss his opinion with anyone, and runs and hides when proven wrong.  

You're allowed to disagree. He doesn't hide, he just doesn't give a crap what we think. I've come to accept that and occasionally have a bit of fun at his expense,  Which never seems to piss him off so he isn't looking for attention. He has his opinion just like you or I

What is the consensus definition of troll?

Just now, greend said:

You're allowed to disagree. He doesn't hide, he just doesn't give a crap what we think. I've come to accept that and occasionally have a bit of fun at his expense,  Which never seems to piss him off so he isn't looking for attention. He has his opinion just like you or I

I am available to pull that trigger if you wish.

9 minutes ago, greend said:

Yep. afan has taken a lot of crap over the years. He is not threatened by dissenting opinions of others who are often of inferior intelligence. The insults from those people, he will pay no mind to. Its not hiding. He is just being the bigger person.

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

What is the consensus definition of troll?

I am available to pull that trigger if you wish.

And, you are probably the 2nd person to ever get afan going. It was ghor. And now you. 

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Uhh, he isn't the only one in here who does that. We're all a bunch of know-it-alls.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Uhh, he isn't the only one in here who does that. We're all a bunch of know-it-alls.

Well, actually [insert know-it-all comment]

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yep. afan has taken a lot of crap over the years. He is not threatened by dissenting opinions of others who are often of inferior intelligence. The insults from those people, he will pay no mind. Its not hiding. He is just being the bigger person.

And, you are probably the 2nd person to ever get afan going. It was ghor. And now you. 

I think afan and I had a tiff about twenty years ago. Then there was the whole high horse thing.

Just now, justrelax said:

I think afan and I had a tiff about twenty years ago. Then there was the whole high horse thing.

its really far and few between. 

today, or last night, whenever that was, he was insensitive.

21 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought he was waiting for the Pats job?

watch them give it to bill's son when he walks away. LOL

11 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

But the rest of us are willing to discuss opinions.  Saying something as fact and then hiding from an opposing opinions is troll like.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

But the rest of us are willing to discuss opinions.  Saying something as fact and then hiding from an opposing opinions is troll like.

You are being disingenuous. 

11 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I’m really sorry I somehow missed that.  I would have enjoyed sitting next to TO and getting the popcorn ready.  He might have been around for it too.

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

0% chance a some of these guys last as long as they did but I think this is my favorite one yet:

Screenshot_20220130-142324.thumb.png.d29c60aa992e68162fb41a52c96cd883.pngScreenshot_20220130-142338.thumb.png.5ad655b5d220034a1dc2edf1e127b7a6.png

You got about 4 first rounders, and 4 2nd rounders. :lol:

I wish!

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not shocked you would use a clip from a movie like that.  

I love that movie.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It wasn’t me you who posted it.  I was just clarifying what was posted.   Take your grievance up with Diehard….and others apparently.   

Not shocked you would use a clip from a movie like that.  

Typical, you can't say whatever you gotta say to my face gotta go around like a high school mean girl causing drama.

Same ole same ole and  your circle jerk lackeys do the same.👎

For the league historians…look this up for me:

How many big name SB winning coaches have moved on years later and had success?  I would argue that their ego insisted on inflexibly doing what worked for them in a prior generation.  I think there is a long list of failures here.

How many coaches who washed out in their first stint evolved and went on to have great success?  I think this is a better list than the one above.

AR is interesting in that he bridges the gap between those two groups.  He was a successful, big name coach…but he still never got over the top and washed out.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

You got about 4 first rounders, and 4 2nd rounders. :lol:

I wish!

Yeah the PFN mock simulator seems like the least realistic.  Which is a shame cause it's the easiest to use with trades etc. 

Archived